Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Incoming: Imperial Guard  (Read 5735 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming: Imperial Guard
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2009, 08:08:52 pm »

It has the longest maximum range I've ever seen, 960".  That's 80 feet, in case you're playing an Apocalypse game with someone at the other end of the block.

... My god have they gone nuts!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2009, 08:12:11 pm »

Well, you never know. One day you might be playing against the person down the street.
/sarcasm off

/yell "Okay, I am firing this at you." *Gets giant tape measure

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2009, 09:52:44 pm »

Oh man.

Giant Warhammer 40k parties with twenty people or more on each side, taking up an entire gymnasium floor.

That would be insane.
Shoes...

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2009, 11:01:18 am »

Oh man.

Giant Warhammer 40k parties with twenty people or more on each side, taking up an entire gymnasium floor.

That would be insane.

It would also take three days for one round :P
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2009, 01:29:36 pm »

It has the longest maximum range I've ever seen, 960".  That's 80 feet, in case you're playing an Apocalypse game with someone at the other end of the block.

How much AoE damage is caused by that shell?

I could see that unit be useful as an artillery that can target any enemy force on the playing field...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2009, 08:05:50 pm »

At the risk of posting any more specific information, the blast is as powerful as any attack can be.  The trick is that it doesn't use a blast template.  Instead, you figure out where it landed and measure a randomly determined radius out from that - giving it a blast 8-12" in diameter.  Since it doesn't technically have a center hole, it does full strength damage against any vehicles.

The blast is pretty incredible (the normal Ordinance template is about 5-6" diameter), but it only fires once on a random turn, and when are you ever going to use a table more than six feet wide?  I'd spend the points on a Medusa.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2009, 08:14:26 pm »

What is a Medusa?

And on another note, I saw the funniest comic, involving a Space Marine(Clearly Ultramarines) and a Guardsman. The Guardsman asks the Marine what chapter he is. The marine looks at him, and pulls out a Meltabomb. He says to the Guardsman "This is the most prestigious award given to the most intelligent of the Emperor's Finest." he sticks the meltabomb to the guardsman head. The guardsman says thanks, and the Marine walks away. The Guardsman then explodes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2009, 08:38:55 pm »

Well, that's a Basilisk.  A Medusa is another artillery piece like it, just with a stronger gun with no indirect fire.  Basically a demolisher cannon with another foot of range on a Chimera chassis.  To my judgment, it's a cost-efficient means of wiping the smile of that arrogant ponce who only plays with a Deathwing detachment.

Spoiler: other comics (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2009, 06:56:22 pm »

Okay, got the newest WD, and I hate to say it, but Guard look good.

I played a few games with my SM last weekend. Only after them, I figured out two of my games shouldnt have counted, as I slightly cheated(Misinterpretation of Pedro Kantor's Special).

My last game was fun though. 750 Points. I had a Captain, 2 Tactical Squads, and a Land Raider Redeemer against some Tau. We tied, as we both had 1 objective. My best unit in that game was my Land Raider, as it caused one Fireteam to run off, another to fall back, but later regroup, almost damage a Hammerhead(that had fired at it the entire game, but either missed, didnt glance or penetrate, or only get crew stunned), and then flame a group of Tau. And my only casualties were 5 Marines.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]