Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Incoming: Imperial Guard  (Read 5743 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming: Imperial Guard
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 10:18:04 am »

Or you could buy the video game for $50 and get about the same amount of fun.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 12:10:01 pm »

That's what I did.
Shoes...

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 02:34:49 pm »

Except the Table Top game is much more fun, especially if you like the painting and modelling?
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 02:36:43 pm »

Yes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 02:47:28 pm »

And what's your recommendation for those of us who don't like RTSs?  Who prefer games that reward tactical acumen instead of mad zergrush skillz.  Like, say, turn based games.

Why the hell isn't there a computer game that specifically model the written rules of W40K?  RTS-but-Warhammer-in-spirit, yeah whatever that's great, have fun with it.  I want my real Warhammer computer game.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 02:52:40 pm »

Why the hell isn't there a computer game that specifically model the written rules of W40K?  RTS-but-Warhammer-in-spirit, yeah whatever that's great, have fun with it.  I want my real Warhammer computer game.

This, oh lord this. That would possibly be the only way I will ever get to play a Death corps of Kreig army (No way am I gonna get those forge world versions).
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 02:55:08 pm »

Necromunda

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 02:57:36 pm »

Necromunda

Wait, that's free now right? Why hasn't anyone made a freeware PC pbem version yet?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 02:58:30 pm »

Wait...Computer games? Woops.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 03:00:16 pm »

List of already awesome games.

One, most of those are over a decade old.

Two, like I said, the rules as written, for battles and such.  Space Hulk was awesome, but it's not the table-top game.  Well, the battle game.  You know what I mean.

Three, it's damn hard to find any of those, let alone convince them to run on a modern computer.

Four, I'm pissed in general that nobody has bothered making a turn based strategy or tactical game worth the box it came in since Star Craft came out.

Wait, that's free now right? Why hasn't anyone made a freeware PC pbem version yet?

There has never been an electronic version of Necromunda.  Not that I haven't contemplated writing one in C++, or just streamlining the rules enough to play it as a forum game.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 03:02:18 pm »

Nethulk can be fun

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 03:04:03 pm »

Well, Final Liberation is based off the Epic rules, so I could see it as the closest to tabletop as you can get. I'm sure you can find it off abandonware websites, and that you can run it using 'DOSBox'.

Plus, you get to field titans. That has to count for something.

I'm going to download the demo and see if I can get it to run. Not the full game, just a regular demo. Breaking the law is bad.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 03:17:13 pm »

Well, I just got Space Crusade.  It's an even older, precursor to X-COM, with Spaez Mahreens fighting some hybrid of orks, tyranid, and demons.  A game after my own heart, but I don't have time to wrangle the interface now.  I'm sure I'll lose precious hours with it though.

My point still stands.  This thing was made in 1992.  Why isn't there a modern game like it?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 06:52:07 pm »

Also, I'm sure you already knew of this Aqizzar, but Space Hulk just recently got a update.

And Aqizzar: Well, sometimes, game companies want to try new things. That's all. Sometimes, games are good, sometimes, games are bad. Regardless of when they were made.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:53:41 pm by Servant Corps »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5