Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28384 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2009, 12:06:26 am »

Meanwhile, in Rhuaxia, the last of the seven offerings were completed and Rhuax's hunger was, for the moment, sated. In celebration, the High Firemaster had declared a day of celebration and a great festival was held. Bonfires were lit throughout the city and the people danced about, reveling in the return of the light. The Firemaster sat in his tower, performing his ritual lustrations and annointments. It was then when the raven of Synk appeared before him, cawing it's message mockingly.

The High Firemaster preformed the rites of Augury and contacted Rhuax for guidence. From Rhuax, he learned that the four Gods of the Elements had united and that the people were to pray also to those gods, but not the foreign devils of the elves or the archons. He was also told to spread the word that Titus the Teacher and ally of Rhuax, in His infinite mercy, stayed His hand and that soon the rains will return.

The people of Rhuaxia worshiped Rhuax foremost, for the Lord of Flames was an angry God who had to be appeased with offerings in order to preserve their people. Titus, in their minds, was a strange and inscrutable God with few temples, but many heralds and disciples. He was, to the people of Rhuaxia, the Great Teacher who explained the workings of the world and the nature of the Divine. There was Wayock, who was the master of stone and war and the moon, and the caretaker of the souls of the dead. Finally, there were the twin Gods Kryz and Synk, senders of Good and Ill fortune respectively. Some cults worshipped Turpis, thinking Him the Divine Messenger, but all other Gods were banned by order of the High Firemaster.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:07:24 pm by Grek »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2009, 11:12:17 am »

Warning: MASSIVE wall of text below.

Thiliazari congratulated Denitzii for both breaking the seal and defeating N'Khufu. His people were growing in power, and he should do the same. In a moment, Thiliazari became more than he was before. He felt truly powerful, perhaps strong enough that he could truly have a say in the goings-on of the world.

Evolve Physically; 2/5 AP remaining

He then turned his head to the horses that Dentzii had used as mounts. His goal was to protect the wildlife, not use them for war. He needed a special mount for his people that was stronger and smarter than horses.

He crafted them first in his mind. They were to be reptilian in nature, aesthetically similar to the dragons of legend. They would fly, they would have special abilities unlike other mounts. But most importantly, they would be intelligent. They would have their own language, but would speak both Common and the language of the Na'Rin. They would be the Drakon.

First would be the Plains Drakon, an emerald green in color. They would breathe no fire, but would be the fastest. The blood-red Desert Drakon would be the strongest. And the Golden Drakon that would inhabit Iniracebela would be the smartest, and would be the mounts of the Na'Rin.

Create Populace (Drakon); 0/5 AP remaining
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 27, 2009, 12:52:48 pm »

With the growing commerce between the realms connected by the Hub Gates, as well as the industries that flourished in light of the continuing war between the factions of the old Elven Empire (including the sponsored efforts to unify it), certain parties came to great profit as a result.  Those most cunning and most wealthy came to realise that those allied with the one who held dominion over the Hub could grant them the most favours, and eventually came to request favours directly from Him.

Gain Portfolio Element: Merchants [2/3AP]

In a way, their prayers were answered.  The war continued longer perhaps than it should have, and these merchants and financiers grew fat from the spoils of supplying it.  They made sufficient wealth to form a community of their own in the commerce-driven city of Halfway, composed from those Rhuaxians whose small Turpisian cults had chosen to operate within the gate-city instead of the grander realm of Rhuaxia, and from those Nezumi and Dark Elves who had strayed from the path of Velik Broj in turn.

Create Subrace: Hubfolk  [3/3AP]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2009, 01:03:05 pm »

Titus took his energy and give it to Kyrz and Synk.As the deal was.
(give 4 ap to Kyrz/Synk)

He then joined the pantheon of the elementals.Using the patheons power.
(take 1 ap form the pantheon to join the pantheon.)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2009, 02:23:24 pm »

Alether, the Truelore Library

Alether sat pondering the situation. Rhuax was most probably still intent on causing destruction on the material plane, and had bribed Wayock to join him. Titus had also showed he was on their side. These together were all already quite a powerful force agains the Guardians of the Prime, and it would only be worse if Garish suddenly awoke and joined them once more.

And Alether was the second most powerful god of all, second only to Wayock, and thus felt that a large share of the responsibility of guarding the material plane fell unto him. Yet, he had his own plans to follow, of nurturing the Archons, of spreading his teachings to the select few who deserved it...

Clearly, Alether was lacking in power to do all these things at once. Thus, he set to work on his greatest creation of all.

The Arcane Lord climbed to the top of the infinite tower of his library. Inspecting the wards that locked the plane and hid his knowledge, he was satisfied that this location would be the best one to put his work. Not even Wayock himself could break the locks of this plane. Atleast, not yet.

Alether summoned the primal eldritch forces, condensing them at the top of the tower. Grasping them with his divine hands, he melded and knitted them together for aeons upon aeons. Then, he grasped even further, to the very foundation of reality, of all realities. The multiverse shook as the power condensed and collapsed into itself, forming a singularity of unimaginable power.

Alether, drained of almost all his strength and power, observed and marveled over his creation. There it stood, untop of the infinite tower of the library of all knowledge, in the heart of the all-encompassing plane of the whirling energies that ruled the multiverse. The Nexus of Power.

Create Artifact: Nexus of Power: 6 AP
1/7 AP left, and 0/2 AP left in NoP (Charges next turn)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 29, 2009, 12:33:04 am »

Wayock, to all.

"I have heard whisperings. Murmurers, some of you may believe we will accept Garish when we come back.

This.

Will.

Not.

Happen.

You also may believe our goal is to cause violence, war and destruction upon the material world. This is not the case, our goal is greater. I also implore you to remember who created the world upon which your creations now stand. I implore you to remember who is responsible for the air that they breathe, who is responsible for the water they drink and the fire that warms their homes."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:35:17 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 29, 2009, 10:33:47 am »

Thiliazari, to Wayock.

You speak as though these things would not have occurred without your guidance. I do say this is madness. You may be in the higher echelons of the gods, but you are by no means the only capable ones. All good things that have come to creation would have come with our without your presence, and I suggest you not be so pretentious about your involvement.

You say your goal is not to destroy, but you align yourself with the dread Rhuax, who has proven time and again his only pleasure is to bring pain and suffering to the Material Plane and all who would support it. He has dried the oceans, he has stolen the lights from the sky so that I must leave my own domain to create a source of light by my own power! Oh! the misery he shall bring if he blinds you to his motives.

If you must find yourself on the side of the bastard of gods, so be it. But I implore you, now, to restrain him. Keep his leash short, so he does not revert all of creation back to a sparkle in our eyes!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2009, 04:50:08 pm »

Wayock, to Thiliazari.

"Mayhap they would have, mayhap not. But I do not highlight my creation of the world, but my domain.

Rhaux only caused dread and destruction upon the world from corruption by Garish, he stole the light because he believes his domain was being abused, creating fire without permission or acknowledgment. I know a few gods are like this. I am not.

You mistake the who is leading the Pantheon, it is not Rhuax gathering a few gods into service. It is a group of gods brought together through a special... Bond. Rhaux may have been the first, but he is not directing us. I am keeping his leash short. If he does revert 'all' creation, even cause harm that I disapprove on, I will destroy him.

This Alliance, this Pantheon, is not the continuation of Garishes failed attempt for the world. It is new. It's goals are not destruction. We prefer to not cause destruction, but once we reveal our plans. That may be inevitable."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 29, 2009, 06:52:59 pm »

Then you acknowledge that your actions may be considered rash or unwise by others? If this is a possibility, why then do you consider the option?

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:06 pm »

Synk began to think about his place in this reality. He had been born of the corruption that laid dormant inside Kryz. Upon his release he had procceeded to corrupt various things as a way of celebrating his release. It seemed as if Synk was destined to be the lord of corruption. And as he gained power over "Corruption", his overall power grew. He had reached a new level of power he had never experienced before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synk then turned his attention to the Old Ones.

Synk, to the Old Ones

"My other side seems to have made one smart choice: Joining you. Seeing as I control Air as that fool Kryz did, I see no reason for me to be exluded from this pantheon. If you shall have me, I will work with you. If not, then I shall continue my work without you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synk then looked at Thiliazari and Wayock. Bickering over some insignifigant possibility or another.

Synk, to Wayock and Thiliazari

"Why do you two argue over such nonsense? The Material Plane would have been given earth, fire, wind, and air with or without the Old Ones. But the fact is that we control the things that are required for anything on the material plane to survive. While Rhuax's actions were rash, and a bit foolish, they were justified to some extent. But this Dread Rhuax, as you called him, is now devoted to the pantheon not destroying the Material Plane."

Gain Domain (7 of 5 AP): Corruption
Raise Divine Rank (4 of 5 AP): DR is now 11.

(By the way, the reason I have 9 AP to spend this cycle is because Titus gave me 4, which was added to my 5, making 9.)
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2009, 03:20:10 am »

Alether looked down upon the Eldritch Archon, building their marble city Splendens, and decided to help them a bit more. He provided them with good weather to speed up the constructions, and great thinkers that would help them advance their architectural techniques even more.

Nourish populous: Help build the city: 1 AP
0/7 AP left
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2009, 10:16:46 am »

Rhuax, to Synk,

"Kryz or Synk, you are the God of the Winds and, by virtue of that fact, you will always have a place with the other Gods of the Elements.

------------------------------------------

Throughout Rhuaxia, the temple guards searched and found the five chosen ones. These chosen ones were summarily brought to the temple and burned alive.

------------------------------------------

*Five people appear in Istamoshor, screaming "AHHHHH! It burns!" before realizing they are not dead, no longer on fire and currently located in the afterlife, before their God.

Rhaux, to five of his most trusted followers,

"Garish is of no worth to us any further. He cowers in his Machine-City, unable or unwilling to serve us. If he will not help the Mighty Rhuax willingly, we will take that power by force. Go forth into Skivun, the flesh-face of Garish, and march all the way into the depths of Akash. Bring me the Heart of Garish!"

Everything went black, and when they awoke, they were within a strange and bizzare realm, of metal and flesh. They tried not to think about it, lest their sanity be blasted...
-------------------------------------------

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 01, 2009, 02:58:42 am »

In time gone by Wayock grew the Ger to suit various environments, from the Gar in the forests to the Gor in the earth. The Wer in the water and the Skar in the sky they were changed by Wayock, they grew to suit Wayock and their own dominion. Wayock cultivated the plants that spread upon the Dwellers moon, the plants that were the life blood of the Dwellers in the early years. Feeding them when none other food could be found. Soon Wayock made the portal that the Dwellers traveled through, there the Ger were waiting with open arms for their brothers. Soon they grew to know each either, to support each other. For they soon lived together and on rare occasions, they grew to love each other. Now days Wayock was called upon my many to grow their failing crops and other such things. Now Wayock, god of war, lord of the land, I called upon to support the people with the things that need growing.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Wayock, to the Old Ones, The Elementals.

"I request the pantheon power for a personal project of mine."

----------

When Rhuax destroyed the ocean he in turn destroyed the major rivers, many were dieing from loss of plants along river banks, from loss of fish. So Wayock created new major rivers that wound through the earth, around the planet feeding the people. On the banks of these mighty rivers he propogated new growth of plants and animals. In the name of Titus he soothed the land.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:03:03 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2009, 03:15:53 am »

Hundreds of thousands of skitarii of every shape and size gathered, looking upward they opened their horrid mouths and sung praises to his glorious name, Garish's silence had ended.

"From void evolved Akash. Garish, Father of Machines, saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Father of Machines! Your filigree gaze carves us, and the scars dance upon our grateful flesh! Great Garish moves across the seas of shard and bone and rust! We exalt him in life, in death, and in between!"

Garish rumbled, one mechanical eye peeling open with the hiss of hydraulics and the dripping of hot oil. He was not yet awakened fully.

Yet more Skitarii screamed to the heaven, the largest Skitarii crushing those underfoot in an attempt to raise their mechanical rasping louder.

"Their weak Laws. Their flawed systems. They inhibit the Grand Evolution. In Garish's name, we shall erase them."

Resist the invaders my children...

"Their fragile world. Their futile lives. They obstruct the Grand Evolution. In Garish's name, we shall excise them."

Garish, to Rhuax,
Fool.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:19:07 am by Naze »
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 01, 2009, 11:44:08 am »

Alether, to Wayock

"Garish has returned. Now is the time to prove the truth of your words."

Alether, to the Guardians of the Prime

"Be ready, brothers in battle. For the conflict soon begins."
<@Akroma> eh