Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28386 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #450 on: July 21, 2009, 05:07:44 pm »

Imerrel remained calm as the city sank. She used her druidic magic to bestow gills upon herself (Water Breathing). She walked over to Nezzedin.

"It seems we will have to continue our conversation at a later date."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:09:49 am by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 21, 2009, 05:09:17 pm »

((DUDES THEIR IS NO WATER YET!!! IS THERE?))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2009, 11:12:45 pm »

After long contemplation, Kryz had made his decision. He would join his Elemental brethren.

Kryz, to Guardians of the Prime
"This one believes you all will be perfectly capable of protecting the Material Plane with out this one's assistance."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kryz, to Wayock, Grek, and Titus
"This one has decided to join you, if you shall have him."

Kryz, to Titus
"As you asked before, here is the power this one promised you."

Summary
Left Pantheon (5 of 5 AP): Left Defender's of the Prime
Join Pantheon (3 of 5 AP): Wayock, Rhuax, and Titus (to be renamed later hopefully)
Give AP ( 1 of 5 AP): Give 2 AP to Titus
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2009, 12:32:05 am »

((DUDES THEIR IS NO WATER YET!!! IS THERE?))
((No. I destroyed it all. You will want to make more.))

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2009, 12:56:32 pm »

Titus paused and rethought his plan.He raised the land back up.(One ap to mold land)

He then tuaght the Rhuaxians about the Elemental gods, and how they built the world that surrounded them.(Use one ap to teach populus)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2009, 07:13:57 pm »

Kryz looked down upon all things mortal. He took great pride in the fact that his Storm-kin had yet to be corrupted by things that had done so to the races of the Material Realm. He had kept them safe, if a bit sheltered. Suddenly, Kryz felt a surge of malice shoot through his thoughts.

"These fools," he thought, "Living their naive existence. Sheltered. Protected. No longer."

These thoughts were his, yet, not his. He was rought with great surges of dark, twisted powers. There was a burst of dark, evil energies; and were Kryz once stood, a new form stood. This new form was physicaly identical to Kryz, except that his clothes were darker than the blackest night. His skin was no more than a shadow, so black that the shadow cast by the hood of his cloak was lighter than his acual skin. This new form staightened up and said aloud, "The fool finally let his guard down."

This new form summoned up the Herald of Kryz. Upon reaching this new form, the Herald looked confused. "Who are you?" It asked. As soon as the words left the creature's mouth, he was silenced. A swirl of dark energies consumed it. As the energies fell from the herald it's form had changed. Where a proud hawk once sat, a brooding raven now waited.

"Go my minion," the new form commanded, "tell the other gods of my existence. They may call my Synk. I am the better half of that fool Kryz. Until he manages to regain control, he is of no concern."

The raven then flew away to deliver his new master's message. Synk then turned his attention to the Storm-kin Kryz had grown so fond of. The sight of their naive existence disgusted him. He decided to show Kryz the errors in sheltering a race. He let some of the dark energies flow from him. These energies went amongst the Storm-kin and entered their minds. Twisting their thoughts, corrupting their very beings. These Storm-kin soon became insane. Many having breakdowns and going on rampages. Others babbling on about hearing voices and always being watched. These energies also leaked into the Material Realm, effecting the races of the Material realm in the same way. Synk laughed as he watched these things unfold. He began to contemplate what he could do to celebrate his release.

Summary:
(Switched personalities from Kryz to Synk)
Pestilence (0 of 5 AP): Mental Illness on part of the population of all races

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2009, 08:00:14 pm »

In his realm, Thiliazari sighed to himself. If a god could become so corrupted, what stood in the way of mortals? At the moment even those that walked the line between mortal and god were not safe. With a wave of his hand, he summoned his most loyal servant, Denitzii.

"My child, N'Khufu has misunderstood his directions. Storm-kin, human, Archon,  race and nationality means nothing to him. N'Khufu kills them all for their indifference to me, including those who have not yet heard my name. He has seen too much corruption, and he has forgotten how to tell the difference between piety and evil. Take the Sentinels loyal to you and attempt to reconcile with him. Either that, or kill him. Whatever happens, you must be sure he will cease his actions before the other gods take his actions as my own. With a bastion of evil amongst the gods, he may soon find refuge there. Go with my blessing."

Denitzii nodded silently and stood. He was clad in a white mail with red trim, in a noble pattern forming the outline of the Judge Stag, Thiliazari's symbol. A winged nasal helm covered his face, leaving only his thin lips and brilliant, dazzling eyes visible. On his back he carried a rounded shield, casted of steel and a metal that not even the Na'Rin may know of. In his hands, a runed longsword, with a hilt of gold and a diamond pommel, said to contain the power of a god itself. Denitzii was told that if he could find a way to destroy the pommel, he would become a being to even rival his creator. As of the present, he had not come close.

Behind him stood 3,000 of his finest Sentinels, only a fifth of the men and women that stood watch day and night in Iniracebela, and only a minor fraction of vast armies of Ju'Rin that wandered the Material Plane. They were clad similarly to their King, and each had decades of experience. They were the greatest soldiers of the Na'Rin, capable of besting any beast, man, or abomination in all of creation. And they were undying in their loyalty to their King and God, and their determination to complete their mission. Their only mission now was the end of N'Khufu's dark reign.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2009, 11:10:07 am »

Alether, to Velik Broj

"Yes, you and only you may enter the library. The knowledge you seek is at the top of the tower, were all the Arcane secrets are kept, cloistered by the Ward."
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2009, 11:42:56 am »

Turpis stood at the edge of a great pit in the realm of Istamoshur, contemplating the endless shadow writhing and struggling within.  He sighed and spoke softly to it.

"I cannot accept Your gift, Lord of Flames, for other responsibilities demand my power.  Let me draw, then, from Darkness this one time and thereafter it remain within Your grasp."

He knelt before the pit and dipped a small phial into the inky blackness, lifting out a fine ounce of unfettered darkness.  Once this had been done the sea of night fled from the pit, returning to the dark side of Istamoshur, and great and powerful flames filled the basin.  Turpis stared into an inferno hotter and more vibrant than any other in the planes, in an environment where anything less than a deity would be burned away.

He produced a small lump of gold and, with two feeble threads of silver stolen from his weakening pantheon and in the darkness of the vial bound them, forging them together in the divine flames.

"One ring to Rule them all..."

Turpis lifted the finished ring, sigils burning brightly on its surface.  He placed it upon his finger and vanished from divine sight.

Gain Dominion: Command [2/3AP]

Forge Utility Artefact:  Ring of Power [1/3AP + 2AP from Pantheon]

Utility:  The Ring of Power conceals a deity from the sight of all mortals and most divine beings.  It functions as if a permanent Plane Lock on that deity's position, preventing him from being perceived (and thus attacked).  A deity of at least 4DR higher can make a DR check to overcome this once per turn to discern the wearer's location, as for overcoming a Plane Lock.  If the wearer attacks any deity, his position is revealed to that deity and any deities in the victim's pantheon for the remainder of the turn.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2009, 09:12:11 am »

Thiliazari flew above Iniracebela, watching the Na'Rin grow. Denitzii had gone to war, but he would not arrive for some time. They had been neglected, he had seen. All that he had taught to the Ju'Rin was not available for the Na'Rin, and they would be outmaneuvered without this knowledge.

First, Thiliazari taught them the usefulness of maps, as he had with the Ju'Rin. But N'Khufu's people still relied on hunting and the rations they had to survive. They had never thought to take the plants of the forest for food. The Na'Rin now knew what was safe to eat in creation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thiliazari began to glow. As the god of nature he had only so much to help his people with. Perhaps as the God of Adventure, he would have more to aid with.

Gain Domain (Adventure); 0/4 AP remaining

(OOC: I chose the domain Adventure instead of Exploration, as going anywhere you hadn't before, colonization, etc. all seemed to fall under exploration, and that seemed unfair.)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 25, 2009, 02:23:23 am »

Alether, to Turpis

"I'd appreciate it if you would stop taking the power from the pantheon without all our consents. It is supposed to be kept for dire emergencies."
<@Akroma> eh

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 26, 2009, 02:03:13 am »

Alether, now stronger than ever, once again turned his gaze to the Eldritch Archons, which were not advancing too quickly without his guidance. They had rebuilt their library, but it was a crude building, and they had no buildings other than that one, save for primitive stone huts and holes in the crater's side.

Alether searched through his library, and found what he needed. The knowledge of architecture, through which the Archons would learn to build incredible monuments and accomplish projects never before accomplished on the material realm.

And so, Alether granted them the knowledge through a marble tablet that fell from the sky and landed at their library's doorstep. He then continued guiding them secretly, affecting the turns of events so that they grew smarter and stronger by the day.

That way, the Archons started building themselves a large city within a few years. A city of gleaming white marble. They named the city Splendens.

Evolve Physically: 3 AP
Teach Populous: Architecture: 1 AP
Guide populace: Construction of a great city: 2 AP
0/6 AP left
<@Akroma> eh

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 26, 2009, 08:35:03 pm »

Synk looked down upon those who had been gripped by insanity. The vast majority of them were dying. Some commiting suicide, others being brought down by others during a fit of rage and violence, and others were put down as premptive strikes to prevent their sinister plans from being put into action. Synk saw these deaths as a waste. He gathered the souls of those who had died this way and began to mold them.

Those who died from suicide became a distorted version of their old selves. They would wander the land looking for others, and upon finding them, drain them of their sanity and transform the victim into another of them. Synk called these beings "Allips".

Those who died in violence, under went a similiar transformation. However they did not drain the sanity of their victims. They violently corrupt them into another of them. Synk named these beings "Wights".

Those who were full of evil and sinister intentions were allowed to keep their own thoughts, but were limited to activity only in darkness. They appear as nothing more than sinster figures shrouded in darkness, with only their red eyes to reveal their location. They find and slowly twist their victims into them. Synk dubbed these beings "Wraiths".

Synk them sent these beings into all realms of existance in which he had influence. He then turned his attention to other matters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synk looked upon those few areas were purity was still possible. Small human villages free of violence, storm-kin tribes free of any dark thoughts, and any other form of being that had no drive to take what they want from others. He used his power to corrupt their very nature. He made them think only of themselves. They would steal things they wanted, betray those they didn't like, do whatever they pleased without care for others. Synk was happy to see that even the purest of beings were easily twisted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that knew of Synk's existance began to worship him out of fear. If they coud please the god of insanity, maybe they could keep their sanity in one piece. Synk laughed at their attempts but did accept the title of God of Madness.

Create Populace (3 of 5 AP): Allips, Wights, and Wraiths
Teach Populous (2 of 5 AP): Selfishness
Gain Portfolio Element (0 of 5 AP): Insanity

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 26, 2009, 10:56:00 pm »

Velik Broj stepped into the library. Only one book was visible, as the others are cloistered so well that they are concealed even from sight. The Thousand picked it up, and began reading. As they did the pages began to rot, strings of words floating around now in their hive mind only, each insect knowing only a small part of a spell. When they were finished, the book was no more.

In an instant, he left the library. Now in the bonefield of the imperial grounds, there was no-one in sight. To practice the new spells, Velik Broj began to use entropic forces to power the broken corpses and bones. They formed dark semblances of their old selves, now lacking a soul and the power of free choice.

"Remain in this place. Destroy any non-elf you see."

He kept the instructions simple. This would be the burial grounds for elves alone.

Gain Portfolio Element (Necromancy): 2/5 AP
Create Populous (Zombies and Skeletons): 0/5 AP
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 26, 2009, 11:42:36 pm »

Wayock retreated back through the planes to Valhalla, there, tired, he changed.

Wayocks form, both his god form and his avatar form, were changing. From the red beared human look he started with he changed, he kept the physical shape, the humanoid shape yet...

His eyes were moons, his bones diamonds and his flesh earth. Some of his flesh was rotting, the earthen flesh was falling off in some places. His face remained human, but it changed to gaunt, the look of one who knows too much. His beard became rough and thin, and his hair was wild. Wayock was changing into what he ruled over. Driven to the brink of madness by these changes he finally accepted them. He covered himself up and went underground. There, in a cavern he dug for himself, he made a mighty steed.

The Steed was made to accomodate the gigantic Wayock in his true form. The horse was skeletal, the harbringer of the dead, its bones were iron and diamond, ores of the earth. Its eyes moons. Like Wayock, the horse was what Wayock is. What he ruled over.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35