Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28407 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2009, 01:53:02 pm »

Thiliazari to Velik Broj

It will be some time before I may join you officially, but know you have my support.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2009, 02:00:49 pm »

Joriak to Velik Broj

I may be weak now, and unable to give my official support right at this moment, but know that I support this endeavor. Take care of those brood clutches, and may they serve you well.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2009, 04:57:53 pm »

Titus to Velik Broj

You know you have my support. Dont destroy those Hacthlings, they are the last of the material plane.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2009, 11:11:24 pm »

Sitting upon his throne in Valhalla, sorting the dead, as he always does Wayock brooded.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Wayock, to Velik.

"I will not join your Pantheon, but know this, I have thrown my allegiance away.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 30, 2009, 02:29:45 am »

Rotarn to Velik Broj
I shall join you and lend my strength to you if necessary.
Join pantheon: Guardians of the Prime. 3/4 AP left

((I'm going to do something with the Senon but I need to write it first))
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2009, 03:14:11 am »

"There is no reason to hesitate on what must be done."

With these words, Alether gathered the power of the Eldritch Realm to aid him, and called upon the Guardian of the Lore to prepare itself for conflict.

Join pantheon: Guardians of the Prime. 1AP
Raised Divine Rank to DR10. 3AP
1/5 AP left
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 03:22:20 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 30, 2009, 06:55:34 am »

Turpis knelt before the pool of mercury at the glassy ocean's edge, reaching for it with a hand.  He halted, then spoke instead to the aether.

Turpis, to the Guardians of the Prime

"My powers are limited compared to others.  I would be more valuable in the fight over this world if you would allow me use of the power generated by the act of forming a pantheon to construct weapons for my use in the coming fight.

"If you grant me use of the pantheon's power to do so I will join, else I may have to use my limited power to defend myself with a raised army.  Will you?  I will take a majority of two as the decision."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 02, 2009, 10:25:16 pm »

Rhuax

"Wayock has betrayed me. He has forgotten the agreements of old, to till the Earth and to sow the seeds and then, when the time has come, REAP the harvest of their burning flesh and endless war. I cannot win this battle, only die in fire and wait to be reborn. Yet, perhaps there is a way to insure that the Great Harvest is completed, even though I am defeated..."

Rhaux begain to prepare for the end.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 02, 2009, 10:28:57 pm »

Wayock, to Rhaux.

"I have not betrayed you, for you betrayed me first. For when you cause havoc upon the world you damage my creations, my children. You alienated me, I do not support you for your continued damage upon the material world will damage all.

Including mine own."

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 03, 2009, 03:01:45 am »

Alether to the other Guardians of the Prime

"Now is the time to strike. If you would allow me to use the power granted by our Pantheon, and give me some of your energy, I will use it with the little energy I still have to finally deal out our revenge on Rhuax and keep him from doing further damage to our creations."

Ask for the 1 AP from the pantheon and 1 AP from someone else to use with my own 1 AP to attack Rhuax
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:05:53 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 03, 2009, 09:42:02 am »

Titus gives one ap from the pantheon of Ursia to Alether
NEEDS APRROVEL
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 03, 2009, 09:48:04 am »

Thiliazari to Rotarn

Friend, may you spare some of your power so that I may join the Guardians of the Plane immediately? This would allow me to fully support you in combat, and allow me, once my strength is returned, to fully complete the next step of my bettering for future wars.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 03, 2009, 07:07:41 pm »

Turpis, to All

"Far be it from me to play the peacemaker, but it appears to me that without the intervention of the God of War, the odds are stacked strongly enough against Rhuax that He might be dissuaded from further actions of this sort merely by the threat alone.  It would be perhaps best if this coming war did not continue to its inevitable end, for the world needs fire, light and darkness as much as it does any other thing.

"My proposal, then, is this.  A Concordat between the gods, agreed upon in a meeting here on the mortal plane by the gods themselves or their avatars or heralds.  It seems to me that the unbridled power of our kind, if brought together in a wanton fashion, could very well unmake the world even in its defence.  To this end I offer that each god should, by general agreement with the others, act only in those regions where His mortal followers have dominion, or upon His own plane or planes.  Where no mortal yet touches is free for the intervention of all until mortals there settle, or if clearly under the domain of another deity should belong to him.

"For example, all moons not yet claimed by mortal races will be the dominion of Wayock, and all suns save those in a deity's own plane shall be the dominion of Rhuax.  However, I propose also that such deities as claim a domain must be responsible to uphold it.  That is; if Rhuax wishes to hold dominion over suns, there must be suns in those places that require them, though under Rhuax's bidding.  If Alether is to hold dominion over arcane magic, the capacity for arcane magic to be learned must exist, as He has provided for with the creation of the Codex.

"Finally, a god may act freely upon his own followers or upon those unclaimed by any god, but He may not act upon the followers of another god directly; only through indirect means such as His own followers or by events started within a realm or by an act under His dominion.

"To reiterate, then, my proposals;

1.  A Concordat between the Gods to act only upon realms where;
   i. It is clearly within the owned plane of the deity.
   ii. No deity holds dominion.
   iii. Their own mortal followers hold dominion of the realm.
   iv. The realm falls clearly within their own domain (e.g. Wayock and moons, Rhuax & suns).
   v. The act falls clearly within their own domain (e.g. Rotarn and justice, Alether and knowledge).

2.  The Gods thereafter are responsible for the maintenance and upholding of their domains.
   i.e. The God of Suns must provide suns where they are required, the God of Arcane Magic must ensure arcane magic is actually attainable by some means etc.

3.  The Gods may not act directly upon those followers claimed by another God without that other God's permission.  Indirect action (e.g. commanding their followers to attack the opponent's followers, or starting a volcanic eruption within a realm controlled by their own followers) is permissable.

Gods who can be proved to have failed one or more parts of this Concordat will be subject to attack and demotion by other members, as will any deity who does not agree to follow its requirements.

"I encourage each and every one of you, Garish and Rhuax especially, to consider the benefits of this Concordat before we are plunged into a war that can only end with the suffusion of a divine spark for all time."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 03, 2009, 07:16:42 pm »

Wayock went upon the Swampland Nezumi. In accordance with a deal he came down to them, he saw the pitiful weapons they carried, scavenged from wood and bone. He flowed a small amount of his essence, a tiny amount, into the first Nezumi he came across. He gave them the gift of metal working, the gift of crafting metallic weapons and armor. But, Wayock chose to not announce himself.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 03, 2009, 07:41:28 pm »

(From exchanges between Turpis and Wayock.)

Nezzedin, to the Gor

"I come to you and your people offering trades, an exchange of skills in preparation for more concrete dealings between the deity I represent and the one who made you. To you and yours I wish to offer the secrets of communing directly with the gods in exchange for your skills at war- and weaponcraft. If you are willing, one amongst you could have the power to look upon Wayock Himself. What say you?"

What seemed to be the Leader of this small group of Ger looked upon this... Creature.

"One amongst us has looked upon Wayock himself. You will meet him."

One of the smaller, less muscle bound Ger quickly scurried to the side of the leader. He spoke,

"I am a Gor. Come, we will take the quick routes back to the city. I hope you don't like the dark."

The Gor motioned for the creature to follow. They left the lit mine shaft for a small, side tunnel. This tunnel barely fit the Gor, they travelled through this tunnel, in pitch blackness, for some hours. Passing unseen tunnels branching off. Eventually they came to a larger cavern. This one was lit, they continued through, ignoring the Ger, Gor and Gar setting about their works. They passed down a large, lit tunnel into a gigantic cavern. The cavern was full of buildings built in the middle of the cavern and some dug into the walls. It was a city, and underground city. In this huge cavern he saw Ger, and their smaller, faster cousins the Gar. He saw few Gor, for they shied from the light. The Gor guide to Nezzedin looked distinctly uncomfortable under the huge glowing fungus trees around the city, cultivated for their light. Many more moss and fungus lined the cavern walls, creating a perpertual day. They passed short, stout creatures. The Gor guide called them 'Dwellers,' they were almost as numerous as the Ger.

They continued through the streets of the city eventually they came to the central building, it was built up against a huge gate, obviously of divine hands, it was as tall as the cavern, and as wide. The Gor stopped at the top of the steps to this building.

"He is in. I will not go further."

Nezzedin approached the great archway and the building attached, marvelling at the construction both by divine and mortal hands. Already a mind honed by years of advising his militant father began to consider the possible applications of such building techniques. Nezzedin entered the building, rather more comfortable than the Gor had been with the unhealthy but nevertheless bright fungal lighting; certainly more so than he might have been with the harsh light of day, when daylight had still existed.

A figure sat at the far end of the hall on a carved stone throne. Nezzedin could not quite make him out yet, but he delivered his message regardless as he approached.

"I am humbled by the skill of your people," he said, the divine enchantment on his tongue translating the words. "Truly I have never seen such. My name is Nezzedin and I am of a distant people known as the Nezumi. I undstand that the one who brought me here is a Gor, though not all I have observed seem quite the same."

"I come representing the god Turpis, seeking the followers of Wayock. I assume, since Turpis sent me here, He wishes us to perhaps trade knowledge that may be of use to you. I carry the secrets of communing with the divine through special rites, and also the knowledge of how to create and tame fire. For my people both have proved deadly weapons of war, though perhaps you may be able to take them further. In return, I would request the teaching of my own people in such arts of war and construction as you have learned."

"If this is amenable to you, my Lord would also request an audience with your Master in His own realm, for he would not seek to enter without invitation."

On the throne was an average sized Ger. Looking at his features, all over his body were scars, he was missing two fingers on each hand.

"Nezzedin. I am the herald. I'm older than the moons above us, I'm older than the Gor and the Dwellers. I was here before your god was a god. Fire. Fire would be beneficial, so would these special rites. For you see, now days, the young are gtrowing rebellious against Wayock. They have not seen him do mighty things, they have not seen Wayock.

Right now I am the only priest, only disciple of Wayock, to commune with Wayock. Having more be able to do that, would be benefical."

The Herald stops for a moment, lost in his thoughts. Unmoving he stops for what seems like an age.

"I doubt you or your master will get into Wayocks realm. It is locked, there are two ways into it right now. The only way through to it, that I am allowed to speak in detail of, is upon the white horses of the Valkryie, as they carry the dead from the battlefield. The other is to find a bridge, upon an unassuming mountain, a bridge you cannot see if you are not upon this mountain, then cross thiss bridge. Into my lords realm. Even then I cannot assure you he will be there. Neither can I assure you, you will be welcomed with open arms."The Herald pauses again, for only a few minutes this time.

"I will speak with him. But do not hold any hope."

"Where that is concerned," said Nezzedin, "that is all we ask. On the next turning of the moons, I shall have sufficient time to teach your people one skill or the other, though the second may have to wait two cycles further. Which would you desire first, fire or the secrest of the rites? What would you be willing to teach my people in return?"

"Ever since you mentioned that these gifts are not... Gifts. I had decided what we will give you, I am absolutely sure Wayock will agree.

We will give you the knowledge of our metal working and weapon working."

------

Within the hidden city of the Ger, Nezzedin had worked hard for the past months, passing on some of the secrets he knew to the elder Ger leaders.  Means of starting fires by friction had been passed on, as well as the manifold techniques of varying its intensity, direction and spread.  Some of the more ingenious Ger had already begun to make use of a piston of their own devising, a spring-powered device that stamped tinder with force enough to make it catch light.

Teach Populace (Ger & Subraces): Fire Use  [1/2 AP]

-------

"Greetings, Genedin," came the voice from behind the aged Nezumi leader.  Genedin snarled and turned to the smiling be-monocled human.

"Betrayer," spat the Nezumi.  "You took my son and our Maker's power, and have given us nothing!"

"On the contrary, I have already fulfilled the second part of my deal.  One of your people has been gifted with the knowledge of moulding weapons from native metals, of beating out armour from copper to protect himself.  A chief.  Well, not yet a chief, but I do have high hopes for him."

"You said you would teach me these things, deceiver!"

"No," said Turpis sharply.  "I said that these secrets would go you to and to your city.  I have given the knowledge of fire to you, and I have given the knowledge of armscraft to your city.  Which of you will receive the final part of the bargain, well... That will depend strongly on who is in charge when next I return."  The demigod smiled and faded into the shadows.  Genedin shouted and swore, stamping in rage.  Then he called for his chiefs; he would find this weaponcrafter, and find him before one of his rivals.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35