Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28413 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2009, 05:17:54 pm »

Ragzajal had noticed something strange among some of the drones. They had been resting in a cave near the site of the soon-to-be hive. While they were in there they heard... things. Ideas, from other places beyond the pale. They had investigated the caves depths and found that they were..... odd. There were many paths within, but they all lead back to the entrance chamber.

They had decided that they would shift the location of the future hive slightly to take advantage of this new development.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2009, 04:43:18 pm »

Velik Broj called forth a great black portal, a darker blackness than the sky around it. Usually the void took, but now it gave. Black energy flowed from it, not in the sense that water flowed, more like an avalanche of lightning, focusing on Turpis. The energy flowed into him, more than he had ever felt before in his short term of godhood, leaving him a slightly euphoric feeling, though it was a hollow euphoria. As though there was nothing inside him.

And the nothingness was inside of him.

(Given 2AP to Turpis, part of previous agreement. 3/5 remaining.)

As soon as it was there, the portal pulled the Alver and their collected souls back to the Hungry void. The Nezumi were silent, for a moment, and their prayer ended as Velik Broj's image faded.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 25, 2009, 05:13:28 pm »

Turpis stumbled, struggling with the devouring void consuming what remained of his mortal soul.  His form twisted and flickered as it tried to maintain cohesion, strange and terrible shapes forming in the chaos and occasional glimpses of the slender grey frame that was the Senon's true form.  He held out a hand as the portal closed, the two tiny red scarabs flying toward his outstretched palm and burrowing into the flesh.  An ear-piercing scream came from what was sometimes a mouth as the piece of the Hungry Void sought to consume him completely.  Pieces of flesh erupted in inky black flames, burning away in the cold fire, and the scrap of Codex was consumed forever.

With a supreme effort of will, the dying hero-deity stood.

Nezzedin, came a whispering voice in the nezumi priest's head, cutting through the incoherent screaming of the molten flesh.  You must fulfill your side of the bargain.  Approach me.

The blackfur nezumi shut his eyes and took a step forward, hesitating.

Approach me! the voice demanded with more than a hint of urgency.  Not a whole lot of the Senon's frame was left, consumed as it was by the chilling black inferno.  Nezzedin contemplated reneging on the deal, letting the would-be god burn and remaining with his father.

But then, would they have the strength alone to reach glory?

He turned to his father.

"Make them burn, father," he said in a cold, proud voice.  "For me.  Make them burn."

The nezumi strode forward and grasped the ragged shreds of the godling's hand, the last fragments of flesh amongst the fire.  The nezumi did not scream as the darkness enveloped him; no such time was allowed him.  The dark fire simply spread around and over him, engulfing the two bodies in a pair of indistinct hazes.  It held, then burned itself away, leaving a single form.

The purple-robed, be-monocled human turned to Genedin with a smile and two bright red scarabs where his eyes should have been.  He blinked, and a moment later they appeared human again.

"His part is done, and mine shall yet be fulfilled.  You will find your next gift at the heart of the Elven Empire, in Emperor Datan's own glade.  First, though, I have a meeting to attend."

The demigod wrapped his cloak around himself like a mountebank and was gone.

Ascend: 3AP  [0/1+2]

Divine Rank: 1
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 25, 2009, 05:35:57 pm »

Nezzedin breathed in sharply as warmth flooded back into his body.  He shook the blurriness from his eyes, trying to get some grasp of his surroundings.  A cold stone floor, not smooth as the passage of water would have made it, but that almost-smoothness of stone quarried away and then chiselled into a footpath.  Native copper sconces mounted the wall, small piles of bioluminescent fungi stuffed into the holders to provide dim light.  He could hear muffled conversation and the sounds of chipping some distance away.

He checked himself over, expecting horrible burns from the experience; healthy and whole as he had been that very morning.  Assuming that this was the same day, at any rate.  He had no idea how much time could have passed.  His robe was intact, but dyed instead a silvery sort of grey, woven with black patterns.  The copper dagger in his pockets was still there and so was the holy symbol of - ah, no, it wasn't, was it?  Nezzdin picked out the little copper ring on a chain, a little hint from his benefactor to his future role.  He smirked at that and held it lightly in one hand, dagger in the other, as he proceeded down the cavern.

At the end of the tunnel surrounding a massive heap of the glowing fungi, enough for serviceable light, was a chamber filled with strange and massive creatures, six-limbed and so densely packed with muscle Nezzedin initially mistook them for gigantic, malformed maggots.  The creatures were using stone and copper tools to dig through the rock and extract the shining veins of native copper therein, as well as to mould the extracted pieces with impressive skill into objects of art, utility and (primarily) war.

Upon seeing him, the Ger cried out in alarm and began raising their weapons.  Nezzedin found to his great surprise that he could understand what they shouted; it did not bode well for his survival.  He gripped his dagger and his symbol, readying himself for a fight, when he felt a sensation in his off-hand.  He glanced at the monocle and followed the almost instinctual command.

The Ger cried out in surprise and panic when the strange rat-like creature vanished before their eyes.  They hacked and stabbed at the place that it ahd been to no avail.  The largest and heaviest of the Ger miners yelled out commands to find the rat and kill it, shouting and bellowing right up until the moment he felt the pressure of a murine hand on his shoulder and began to scream.  Welts and rotting, putrescent sores began to spread across his body until he fell to the ground in a crying heap.  The tiny rat-like creature stood behind him, gripping a ring of copper and one of their own blades.

"My name is Nezzedin," it said with a smirk.  "And I bear a message."

Mortal Herald:  Nezzedin  (Lvl 7 Nezumi Cleric)
Free Action
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:41:18 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 27, 2009, 05:43:29 am »

For the first time since the beginning of all of existence, Alether was truly angry. Another divine being, and a very inferior one to boot, had encroached on his territory: He had dared teach his creations magic. Alether was not about to let this Thiliazari go unpunished. Plans were already in motion to seal away all magic under his control. Once and for all.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2009, 10:35:28 am »

Rhuax, watching Titus flee to another planet

"I have long awaited this day! Titus has fled this world, and his pathetic mermen with him. Now Rhuax shall reign! The true Lord of this World, Rhuax, King of Flame! Muhahahahahaha!"

And so, victorious, the Mighty Rhuax's divine hand reach out from beyond the planes and touched the waters of Nitomushul, boiling them away in a single terrible instant. In their place, seas of Magma and Flame shimmered into existance, endlessly burning along the coasts where men once traded with the mermen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 27, 2009, 11:16:19 am »

Alether, in preparation for his 'counterattack', though it would not be an attack as such, wove elaborate wards into his plane, such that only his allies would be granted entrance. This way, the incredible energies of his plane and the immense knowledge in the Truelore Library were safe from theft and guarded in secrecy.

Then, he swept up some of the surviving Eldritch Archons from the material plane, and infused them with Primal Eldritch energies, energies far beyond those that normally coursed through their bodies. Fusing them together, he reshaped the mass of sentient magical elements into a long, slender serpent-like creation, not truly a living creature, yet not truly an inanimate object. The humongous creation, as large as the the infinitely-tall Truelore Library, would be left to wander and guard Alether's plane for now.

And thus, Alether went back to work on his plans, plans with which he shall be aided by a truly mysterious and devious being...

Lock Plane: All except those Alether grants passage to (2AP)
Create Battle Artifact: Guardian of the Lore, (3AP)
0/5 AP left

<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 27, 2009, 11:24:24 am »

Joriak saw the souls of the departed. Those that were not taken into the realm of war were devoured by a force of darkness. This would not do. He created the void-spinners; strange, spider-like creatures, ethereal and mysterious. Their job was to spin the webs in the places between the planes, which would catch departing souls. These souls would be sent back to Joriak's realm, where he would create new bodies for them. (Create populous: Void spinners (2/4 ap. Create concept: reincarnation. 0/4 AP.)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 27, 2009, 12:46:47 pm »

Velik Broj, to Rhuax

"Rhuax. You have finally gone mad. I was previously indifferent to you and your efforts, but now I oppose you. You have made yourself many enemies, and they we will chastise you for your actions."

Counter Action (Mold Land) 2AP 1/5 remaining.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 27, 2009, 01:08:29 pm »

Kryz saw what had happened to the material plane. The plane was now under the control of the Tyranical god Rhuax. Kryz was honest with himself, he doesn't have the power to save the plane, not with Rhuax allied with Garish and Wayock. To prevent his own plane from falling under other's control, he placed many divine barriers around and in his plane. These barriers would block all but Usaria, Titus, and mortals under their direct contol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kryz then decided that he needed to start a connection between Zynlon and Aether. Kryz conjured a portal on his plane. The portal looked like an elaborate crystaline door which, when opened, led to Aether. He then made a second portal on Aether which was the exact same except that it led from Aether to Zynlon. The doors allow all of Kryz's followers and Usaria's followers to move between the two Planes. It didn't take long before the Storm-kin wandered through the doors into Aether. While they did react with caution upon first contact with the Aether Elves, the Storm-kin soon formed an alliance with the Aether Elves. They were both powerful races and would be the most loyal of allies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time had passed since the Storm-kin and Aether Elves formed their alliance. Some parts of both societies had mixed. In some parts of Zynlon, Aether Elves lived amog the Storm-kin and in some parts of Aether, Storm-kin lived among the Aether Elves. As they intermingled, some Storm-kin and Aether Elves fell in love. These unions gave birth to a subrace of both races. They were known as Storm-elves in some parts and Aether-kin in others. This subrace had the appearance of the Elves with the ability to manipulate wind like the Storm-kin. A select few of these Storm-elves were a product of Aether-elves and Boltlings. This gave them the apearance of Aether Elves, ability of Storm-kin, and the God-like speed of Boltlings. They were accepted in both societies completely and fully.

Lock Plane (3 of 5 AP): Locked to all but Titus, Usaria, and their followers
Create Portal (1 of 5 AP): From Zynlon to Aether
Create Subrace ( 0 of 5 AP): Storm-elves/Aether-kin
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 27, 2009, 02:29:27 pm »

Velik Broj felt a seething anger throughout his being. He sensed Kryz's protective action, as well as all those who would rather retreat from Nitomushul than protect it.

Velik Broj, to Rhuax
"To think you, Rhuax, are one that once would devote your power to constructing Nitomushul, have decided to destroy it. You are volatile. Too volatile. You are as unstable as a candle in the middle of a windstorm. I was tolerant, accepting even of your actions. But now you threaten all of my holdings. You are an unbalancing power. One that should be stopped before all is left barren.

You shall be slain and your corpse lit so that the bastard flames may shine in the skies."

Velik Broj, to all
"And the names I curse even more are those that would rather retreat from the material than protect it from tyrants such as these. You are either lazy or incompetent, or both. You may hold the facade of good, while you let innocent creations burn. I give you a chance to fight this menace. Those who would rather remain idle will have no place in the new realm."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 27, 2009, 02:41:01 pm »

Joriak heard this proclamation, and replied thus:

"Would it be that I could. But I cannot. I am new of this world and weak. Look to another."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 27, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »

Turpis strode along the glassy beaches, staring into the abyssal chasms where once the ocean flowed.  First fire had spread throughout it, then great darkness blanketed and quenched the flames.  Now naught remained but the charred bones of titanic sea creatures and the ragged ruins of what few mermen had remained within this dark world.  Lightless save by mortal fires and the luminescent fungi of the world, Nitomushul cowered.  The great coastal city of Ynoclia crumbled as their stores dwindled, the last of the crabtaurs curled up and accepted their end.  Now only the great marshes and the creations of Velik Broj remained, swallowing what remained of the world in their parasitic expansion.

Well, that wouldn't do at all.  Turpis spoke to the empty sea, the words sifting into the Void to be picked up by those who could hear such things.

Turpis, to All

"Let it not be said that I stood idly by while Nitomushul burned.  In what little ways I can, I will not do nothing in the time of its utter destruction.  The world is too much fun to be left solely to rot and ruin."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 04:04:48 pm by Iituem »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 27, 2009, 03:15:38 pm »

"Joriak, you wound me. I do naught but take away bits of metal and steel. The flesh, all that is important, remains. I have killed nothing that truely lives. Velik is a backwards thinker. He's got it all wrong. He thinks metal should live and flesh must be dead. He is the monster, not I. I put things as they ought be and he defaces Creation with horrible abominations of living steel and animated copper. Will you not assist me in making a new world, properly made of living flesh and non-living metal, once I have done away with this flawed thing that Velik Broj build?"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 27, 2009, 03:24:08 pm »

"You have mistaken my ways. I do not think that living flesh is flawed, and I don't think that my creatures of living metal are perfect. I make them as I wish, for they remind me of my homelands. My things are made to be as this, and are perfectly natural, as are your ones. Do not call my hived ones abominations, for they grow, live and strive, as any other creature."

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35