Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28412 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2009, 05:41:36 pm »

Joriak noticed the war going on in the prime material plane. Right now he was too busy working on his plane to do much about it though.

The first living things to inhabit this plane were the trees, which are made of precious and semi-precious stones. (create populous: plants 2/4 AP)

The next were the creatures that lurked within the earth, the decomposers and the producers. They were made of dirt and stones (create populous: decomposers/producers 0/4 AP)
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2009, 05:12:15 pm »

Garish pondered what to do. The flesh was weak but numerous, his hordes, tho martially superior, were lacking bravery and were simply tools to send to their doom. With a gesture of his will Garish mocked the mortals and tempted them with a new land for them to enter and become his thralls.

Create Land: Continent of Carcosa (3/5)

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
    And strange moons circle through the skies,
    But stranger still is
        Lost Carcosa.

Teach populous: Malice (Humans) (2/5 AP left)
Teach populous: Madness (Humans) (1/5 AP left)
Teach populous: Blasphemy (Humans) (0/5 AP left)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 05:14:29 pm by Naze »
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2009, 02:19:36 am »

A small cave somewhere in the mountains:
Thurasa stood in the entrance, pushed the tip of her sword into the stone and rested a hand on the hilt. With her other hand she unfastened her heavy cloak and threw it aside. She was wearing a chain mail shirt, under which was leather and over which was a yellow tunic that had a black cross on the front.

"There is no escape, traitor. Surrender and our creator will be merciful. Do not try to Change, 'brother', neither of us can right now. Rotarn made sure of that. So what is your choice, deceiver?"

Amongst the Senon:
"Whadda ya mean we gotta form and army? Why?"

"Rotarn Himself says that a vast force is coming to attack very soon and you must be ready to fight it."

"Alright. But I ain't joinin'."

(Note to self: Raise an army as soon as possible. Not next turn though)
(Action:
Teach populace: Tactics. No AP left)

Message to the gods who abandoned the Material Plane (Titus and Usaria I believe, but there might have been others):
"Come back and fight ya cowards!"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2009, 09:42:48 am »

Turpis, who the intervention of the higher deity had trapped in his familiar 'human' form, paced around the edge of the cavern, thumbing a string of beads through his fingers.  He peered at the Senon who had cornered him, silhouetted by the light from the cavern's mouth.  Like himself, the Senon was half-way to godhood, but unlike himself had been raised by the direct intervention of a deity rather than the fruit of his own labours.  He ran his fingers across the cavern wall; heightened senses told him that the higher god had barred escape by teleportation within the confines of the cave.  Still, he had the advantage of concealment and thanks to the page of the Codex he still carried, a few other tricks up his sleeve.

Turpis spoke, the currents of air in the cavern wafting and warping and giving the impression that he spoke from several different angles at once.  It was a parlour trick, but he could not afford his voice to betray his position.

"Mercy?  What mercy did your master have in mind, Thurasa?  A swift death?  Or perhaps a return to our glorious society, where you would have me be a slave?"

"There is no slavery amongst the Senon!"  Thurasa called out, lifting the sword's tip from the ground and pacing forward cautiously into the darkness.  "That is reserved for those of the kind whose form you take, Turpise'Niaané."

"My name is Turpis," growled the hidden demiurge.  He caught himself and switched back to a more jovial tone.  "Still, I'm happy for you that you believe that.  It is a pleasant fiction."

"The truth is no fiction," said Thurasa, swinging the sword low by the ground in search of hidden obstacles or traps.

"There you are mistaken, Thura.  'Truth' is the greatest of all fictions.  I should know, I work with it on a daily basis.  How do you know what the Truth is, Thura?"

"Thurasa," said the crusader calmly, though her eye twitched slightly at the name.  "I know what the truth is because unlike you, Turpise, I know the difference between right and wrong.  Rotarn allows me to... see."

Thurasa'Seaané struck the floor of the cavern sharply with the tip of her sword, a brilliant white flame tinged with strokes of crimson running through the blade.  Darkness fled before it and Thurasa brought the sword up and lunged, striking Turpis in the heart.  She cursed sharply as the form splintered and cracked before her, pulling the sword away from the mirrored surface.  Turning swiftly with her sword raised, she was greeted by a thousand images of the trickster ranging at her from every mirror-like facet of the cave.

"If Rotarn allows you to see," said the pacing image of the errant Senon, thumbing the beads in his hand, "then permit me to share a viewpoint.  Who taught you what was right and what was wrong?  Rotarn.  Who gave us our powers and then chained us with the morality not to use them?  Rotarn.  Who kept you within His grasp and moulded you as He saw fit?  Rotarn.  Rotarn did not create this world, Thura, He merely stumbled upon it.  He isn't of it, He wasn't born here.  We were."  The form turned suddenly and took a few sidesteps, setting Thurasa on edge as she studied the mirrored reflections for clues to the traitor's presence.

"Do you even remember mortality?" Turpis asked suddenly.  The question took Thurasa by surprise.

"Of course I do," she answered stiffly.

"What was it like?"

"I see no reason to tell you, deceiver."

"Humour me," said Turpis' image as it drew a circle on one of the walls with its finger.  Thura looked around for the circle and found it marked with a darkened ring around the spot where she had shattered the cavern rock.

"I would rather not," she said, marking the spot as a point of reference.

"Then allow me to take a guess.  You were special, not quite like the others.  Apart from them, perhaps you thought above, though I'm sure you would never admit to such.  You took to heart Rotarn's teachings very literally, strode through the world seeing it through the filters of right and wrong.  How am I doing?"

Thurasa was silent, though her eye was twitching again.  She lunged at an image of Turpis and it ducked to the side, her blade scraping real fabric for a moment before she lost track of the demiurge again.

"Lucky," muttered Turpis darkly before resuming his more casual tone.  "Eventually the day came when Rotarn Himself noticed your drive.  He branded you a 'Crusader', the first of your kind.  No doubt He called you a shining light, a beacon to the world.  Were you proud of that?  Proud enough to forge your own weapon in celebration," he said, nodding towards Thurasa's sword.

"The Senon are far from closed-minded," said Thurasa, circling the cave in search of her mark.

"Oh, I know, we would hardly have spread across the world if we were not."  Turpis' eyes hardened.  "But you are, Thurasa.  You would have us all bend to your rules, to your right and wrong, whether we wished to or not.  Don't try and tell me that 'sword', as you call it, is for defence alone.  You seek out those you consider wrong and bring them to an end, without a care for their free will."

"They cared little for the free will of those they harmed," replied Thurasa harshly.

"That does not excuse you, though."

"What of those you brought to their ends?  I see your little collection there is growing."  Turpis fingered the little string of beads absently.

"They were given a choice.  Yes, certainly I trapped them, but their own weaknesses and 'vice' as you might call it led them there.  My method preserved freedom, Thurasa.  The freedom to take the consequences.  Everyone should have free choice, Thurasa.  Even you."

Thurasa turned and found Turpis, the real Turpis, stood in front of her holding a mirrored circle of glass.

"Here is an enemy of more danger to you and your cause than I.  I have no quarrel with your master if He makes no quarrel with me, but I take issue where the matter of free will is concerned."

Spoiler: Original Post (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:40:25 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2009, 12:18:43 am »

Kryz had become known for his teachings of Destiny and Karma. Soon his people began to worship him not only as the god of Air, but also as the god of Fate. They beleived that Kryz twisted and bent the strings of fate to his whim and that he controlled the fate of each and every mortal. Kryz was amused by the idea but did not correct them. Kryz decided that he would let them go on beleiving that he controlled the each of their destinies, while in reality he didn't. He doesn't have the power or patience to guide and control every mortal. Kryz did claim the Domain of Fate as his own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kryz then retreated to a space between the planes. This place was the place where Kryz had previously trained to better himself. Kryz proceeded to draw upon the same power he had to make a copy of himself. Kryz then created a 2nd copy of himself and proceeded to fight them at the same time. The fight was brutal and savage. Each Kryz fighting to win, and each Kryz fighting to kill. The original Kryz struck at the 1st copy. The strike stuck him just to the left of the heart, ending the copy. The second copy used this to his advantage. Striking with a bolt of lighting, he blasted the orginal Kryz with all the energy left in his body. The blow connected, to the copy's joy, with Kryz's heart. The joy then turned to dread when the body of Kryz vanished in a gust of wind. The copy, with no energy left to fight, simply kneeled; awaiting his end. Kryz appeared before him and, with a smile, pulled him to his feet. Pointing to the mark left by the lightning bolt, Kryz patted his copy on the back and said, "You managed to land a direct hit. Impressive. Maybe next time you might actually defeat this one." The copy then melted into Kryz and Kryz was again whole and alone. This battle left Kryz both drained and empowed. Kryz then decided to rest and recuperate.

Gain Protfolio Element (3 of 5 AP): Fate
Raise Divine Rank (0 of 5 AP): DR is now 9

(P.S.- Psycojelly said that since I started typing this post before Midnight on sunday local time, it is still part of the last cycle. This means I can post in this cycle just in case someone was going to be confused as to why I'm technically posting twice in the same cycle.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:58:58 pm by The Willow Wisp »
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2009, 02:29:12 am »

"Please. I don't understand why, but He doesn't want to hurt you. Come with me. It will aid your cause greatly." Thurasa spoke was great sincerity. "I... I realise that I was wrong to judge you so quickly. I'm sorry." She sheathed the sword as a gesture of trust and offered Turpis her hand.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2009, 02:31:13 am »

Velik Broj, to Turpis
"And here you shall have a portion of my power for my own use. My Nezumi's control over fire puts me at an advantageous position, especially since the flaming rain has abruptly ended. I hope we can continue such dealings, as they are quite profitable."

Genedin gathered at the arranged meeting place with his firstborn, dressed in spider silks,

"I know not what he will do with you, son. But I never go back on a deal, and this is best as a whole."

"I'd gladly give my life to see those bastards go up in flames. If the alver take my soul I will come back to torment them, I want to see the last one of them lamenting his fate, spare his life so that he may be my slave."

"Then the Thousand will see that we are a better empire, and he may take his throne of our building."

"I have one question before I leave."

"And what might that be?"

"What happens to souls if the Alver don't take them?"

"I... I'm not sure."

"I suppose I'll see."

Genedin and his son waited patiently for Turpis to arrive, and each expected the worst.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2009, 07:57:36 am »

Thiliazari sat, pondering what to do. His people had begun to eke out a living in the place he made for them, and their leader was unquestioning in his loyalty to him, but the god knew he was not yet strong enough to continue with his plan, which would place him directly against one of the more powerful gods of the universe.

He needed more power...more...more...more.

Deniitzi sat amongst his people. He had grown even larger, and stood an impressive height, almost two heads taller than his people. Thiliazari, as their god called himself, said it was equivalent to 3 meters, though what a meter was had yet to be explained. His people had been appointed the guardians of the realm they had been blessed with. Deniitzi had gotten a brief moment to look at the world they might have been born in, the Material Plane, and saw that it was a terrible place, with no light, little food, and a host of vicious, tribal people that fought for a diverse range of petty reasons.

He sat with his people, attempting to fully develop their magical capabilities, which Thiliazari had bestowed upon them. Deniitzi was the first to master it, performing a wide range of spells that could only be described as "miracles".

Suddenly, a pang of discomfort coursed through his body. He looked at the mist, their god, that always floated above them, and saw it was changing. Bolts of energy shot through the mist, vortexes swirling and changing the very composition of the being. It began to shine, and change color from a dark gray to a golden shimmer, with the Great Tree growing ever-brighter to accompany it. Deniitzi sensed what was happening-a great power was forming in Thiliazari, the power that he had spoke of, which he would use to make the land safe again. The Na'Rin, one by one, fell to their knees in prayer, and cried out in a single, heavenly voice.

The herald of Thiliazari heard the cry, and was deeply affected by it. It rode out of the realm, to the material plane, and set itself as a projector for the holy chorus. The song rang out across all the corners of the world, and for a brief moment, all activities stopped as the creatures and people of the Material Plane alike stopped to listen.

And all at once, it faded, and life resumed. But all was not the same, as Deniitzi was right. Thiliazari had grown stronger. Much stronger.

Raise Divine Rank (0/3 AP remaining)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2009, 08:18:18 am »

Turpis, to Thurasa, not yet taking her hand

"I prefer to deal from a position of strength, or at least not from one of absolute weakness.  Permit me to conclude a deal I have in progress, than we will visit your master.  You may even attend the deal yourself.  In fact, I insist."
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2009, 10:08:15 am »

Titus created a planet full of water. He named it Netune.

Titus then grew in power.(OUT OF AP.)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 22, 2009, 05:08:15 pm »

Joriak created the animals, strange in shape. From the twisting ether-worms, gigantic in form, and odd in their movements through the skies of this place; to the small jackal-like Aures that prowl the twisted paths of the strange forest, the world was filled with a multitude of creatures. They moved through the lands, filling them with that very special quantity that can only be gained by a massive amount of living creatures. Create Populace 2/4 AP

Then, Joriak decided that it was time. Time to create a race of creatures capable of true thought. He based them on the form of the high queen, but smaller in form. They were organised into a caste system, with queens on the top, followed by drones, followed by soldiers, followed by guards, followed by workers; and at the very bottom there was the very, very big ones used to dig and construct the mounds that they lived in. They were called the borers. Create Populace 0/4 AP

2X Create Populous.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 23, 2009, 12:14:16 pm »

Titus wacted the Ynoclians and the Mermen speak to one other. They had no way to intereact. The Humans where great swimmers and could hold thier breath for a long time, but they coud not talk or compete with the mermen. So Titus created a massive ball of water that was supported by crystals struts.He made the water Areted enough that the humans could breth in it and the mermen could as well..With that done he returned to his palace under the sea.

But in his palace he rembered the war that was brewing on the mortal plane. He went to Netune and crafted a training site for the future armys that would fight for him. He took a Human that had wacthed the Deep elves raid his village and told him to learn sandcrafting from the mermen.He did.Titus gave this human a gift. He could now breath under water,sandcraft blades and armor, and teach people to fight.(create godish:Zar Kag Titunsa Cadan((in english it means Teacher Of Water Elementals.)).)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 24, 2009, 01:46:13 am »

On the plane of flesh, a new race entered the planes.

Ragzajal was the first. She was created seperatley from the others. She was created to be larger, more powerful. A near-deity in fact. She was there when Joriak, creator of all there is made the rest of her race. She was there when he made the trees. She was there when he made the animals. She was currently watching the workers as they collected material for the hive. Unlike most things in these realms, they did not need to be told how to do this, after all, they are hive insects and such things come naturally to them. The hive would eventually take the form of a huge spire, with a massive spherical structure at the plinth. It was far, far away from being complete, however and only the very bottom of it was in the first stages of construction.

Being bored with the movements of the workers, she set off to take her place with the other queens.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 24, 2009, 01:56:46 am »

Wayock looked upon the Ger and the Dweller society. They lived mostly underground, propping up their mines simply. Their homes were simple holes. This needed to change, it did not speak of the wonderful grandeur that the Ger and the Dweller society was. He taught the high-priest, his herald of masonry. Of building artificial homes, walls.

Wayock then taught them about weapons. They used simple clubs and simple swords, not the weapons befit the mighty Ger. He gave them information on all types of weapons, from blades to axes, from hammers to bows. He taught them to make them strong, and hardy. But simple, and easy to make. Along with this, he taught them to make armor. From plate to chain, they created huge pieces for the massive Ger. He gave them ideas to create shields, thus they incorporated all these tools of war into their training and tactics. They created a small, but professional army of both Ger and Dwellers.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Wayock retreated back to Valhalla, to begin this cycles decisions, to give the dead admission. Or refuse them, and let them float to where ever they went.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 24, 2009, 12:43:46 pm »

Impatient at the approaching date of his deal, Turpis turned and fled from the cave without awaiting further response from her, taking advantage of the lull in action to leap through the shimmering boundary at the cave mouth.  Past Rotarn's wards, his form trembled, then vanished as the travel spells woven into the Codex page he carried whisked him away.

---------

The high-pitched, sibilant verse of nezumi warriors provided a deranged descant to the affricate chants of the human slaves, filling the bog with an unearthly chorus unrecognisable as anything the aether elves would consider music.  Carefully constructed fires formed a ring around the midnight marsh and the gathered warriors banged bone and chitin weapons against brightly coloured carapace shells as the slaves were herded toward the great pit of murky water at the centre of the glade.  Genedin's son Nezzedin, slicked black fur clashing with the dim whites of his silk robes, stood with a powerful relic at his side; a foreign dagger of rare copper, hammered and cut by the legendary Gar of distant lands.

His narrow eyes flicked across the gathered crowds, searching for the one he awaited.  They halted for a time upon a dark shadow cast by a mangrove tree.  The shadow trembled, then was cast aside by the purple-robed human figure like a cloak as he strode into the ring, the nezumi warriors making way for the newcomer.  The human clutched a scrap of paper in one hand and gave a curt nod to the nezumi priest, who raised his blade and cried out in a murine shriek.  With truly rodent agility, the blackfur priest stalked through the crowd of human slaves, slitting throats in wild abandon.  He screeched out the holy chant as the verse of the warriors continued, lifeless bodies slumping beside the pit, blood draining freely into the murky water.

Genedin caught sight of the Others first.  Stepping from the shadowy trees not as the demigod had done but rather bleeding from it as if being woven afresh from darkness, vaguely humanoid impressions descended slowly upon the clearing, joining ranks with the gathered nezumi and bringing a slow chill to the air.  Some of the fires quivered and went out.  Meantime, a grey mist spread over the pit of the bog, deepening in shadw until it too became a mass of malevolent darkness.  The alver stepped forward, heaving the bodies into the pit as the last of the human slaves was slain, shadowy hands reaching up from the inky pool to drag them into the hungry void.  When all the bodies were consumed by the abyss a single figure emerged from the pit, rising up as if carried by unseen mechanisms.  It was undistinguishable from the other alver, save for a voice that buzzed like locust swarms and two glimmering red scarabs for eyes.

The gate.. stands... ready!

[Awaiting Psyco to continue this in whatever fashion he has in mind, or for someone to try and intervene.]

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35