Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28416 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »

Rhuax, looking at the prime material

Rhuax shaped from smoke three beings which looked like the mortals yet radiated light a pale light. The first was a Storm-kin, the second a Merman and the third a ranger of the Gar. These would be his messengers.

He sent the first to the strongest of the Storm-kin, those who's power and rank had been stripped why Kryz declared that the Great Arena was not to be used to decide what was just and what was unjust. The first messenger spoke to them and spoke thusly,

"It is the mighty who are just, for a loving and kind god would make the just mighty. I am a messenger of that most holy of divinities. He bids you, follow me to a world beyond and sow the seeds of justice there and punish the unjust. For this good deed, you shall be rewarded greatly. In one week, the time will come. You will return here and I shall lead you into the lands of darkness and evil. You shall be as a great torch, that brings light to the world and as a sword which punishes the sinful."

He sent the second of the messengers to the mermen who traded with humanity and had, up untill now, been at peace with mankind. It spoke:

"Meeerrmeen. It iss I, Gloobglob Meesssheeerrrbruub. I bear a terrible message, a warning from the Gods above! The meeen who live on the shooore shall betraaaay ussssss! They have stolen a mighty tool from the Gods, a book of magic and power! They willll uuuse it to destroooy you! You must rise up from the seeaas and slay them all before it iss too late!"

He sent the third messengers to the conclave of druids and rangers, deep within the forest. It arrived just as they began the annual "Burn wood in honor of the mighty Rhuax and then wrestle all night in honor of Wayock" festival. It spoke thusly,

"High Druids of the Council! Ill news! The mermen of the seas plan war upon the peoples of the land. Me must move our forces away from the old gateway and to the sea, lest we be overrun by merish warriors and fail in our sacred duty."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2009, 10:47:14 pm »

Wayock, to Rhuax.

"For long I have waited and planned. Waited and thought. Waited and brooded. For the decision I am about to make is not one I do lightly. But my hand was forced by one...

I place my self in allegiance with you, and Garish."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2009, 11:32:00 pm »

Velik Broj, to Wayock and Rhuax
"I have already offered Garish a deal, but he remains silent. I hold my allegiance to him, but you, Rhuax, worry me."

Velik Broj looked upon the material plane. His elves could cope with darkness, but it troubled them. Velik Broj took a small shrub, and twisted it. He filled it with rotting energy, making it bloated and grey. He took many plants and did the same, they thrived off of rot and darkness. Some were phosphorescent, and were as bright as a torch. His elves began to grow farms of these to produce ambient lighting, and even contests of the most brilliant pattern of different lights.

Create Populous: (Fungus) 3/5 AP.

The darkness from the void began to envelope the material plane. Black energy began to swallow the darkest reaches, and since there was no sun, nothing would wither them away.

Pestilence: (All in darkness) 2/5 AP.

He was now the undisputed master of the decaying energies.

Gain Portfolio Element: (Negative Energy) 0/5 AP

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:27:49 am by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 15, 2009, 11:45:59 am »

Thiliazari looked over his creation. It was good, but it was empty. In his plane, he decided that guardians should stand at all hours. It would be a haven for all animals, where they would be safe from all who wished them for food or otherwise.

But first, Thiliazari would need these guards. He went to his tree, Tin'ziil. As he approached it, the tree's brilliance grew a hundred fold, and all the land was showered with light. But the land did not burn, for it was a good light, one that was warm, but not scorching, and not harmful. Thiliazari began to sing, and the tree vibrated with joy at the sound. Inside the tree, something was born, and the god's song drew it further and further from inside the tree, until it had exited into the world around. It looked at itself. What was it? It was a he, he decided. But was was his name? Who was he? He looked at himself. He was a golden color, much like the tree behind him. He felt heavy, but as though he could fly from weightlessness. He came to the water surrounding the golden tree, and looked into it. His face was fair, with sharp angles and pointed ears. His hair was a shimmering white, and fell past his shoulders. His eyes were an indistinguishable color. As he stared, they were deep blue, but sprung into a shimmering green, only to regress into a blazing red. The longer he looked, the deeper he was drawn into his own eyes... so he looked back into the tree, and now noticed the strange mist that extended all around it, seemingly for miles.

Suddenly, the mist around the tree condensed, and took form. A voice, soothing and beautiful spoke to him.

"You, my child, are Deniitzi. And your people..." He, Deniitzi as he now was, turned to look at the tree. More of him came from it, and soon dozens surrounded him.

"they are the Na'rin."

Create populace (Na'rin): 1/3 AP remains

"You will be the guardians of my realm. You will nurture it, and you will serve it. And you, Deniitzi, will lead them in their quest."

Beget God-ish (Deniitzi): FREE ACTION, 1/3 AP remains

"Now, then, sit, all of you, and I shall teach you the first tool you shall require in this task. You hold within you the power to bend reality itself to your will..."

Teach populace (magic): 0/3 AP remaining
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2009, 05:07:51 pm »

Titus created a portal between his realm and the matreial.(2 out of 3 ap used.)

A herald appeared to The king of Ynoclia in a dream.He told him to goto the shallows on the third day after today and to be prepared to leave this land FOREVER. The king set his advisors and freinds to organize his people for a mass exodus to a new realm.When they reached the shallows they saw a bright shining blue portal.All of the kingdom walked into that portal and was transported to a lush tropical island.They saw the crabtaurs throw the best of their herds into the water and thank Titus, for he had blessed them all with a great place to live.

Titus then norusihed the land and made trees and gardens.(used last of ap.)

((none of my races live in the materail plane now.))

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:56:19 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 15, 2009, 10:01:22 pm »

Usaria looked over the material world, and what she saw grieved her. Rhuax, in his pride, again plunged it into darkness, and the plagues of Velik Broj. She could not fight both of the gods and maintain the material world. At least not on the battlefield of their choosing. But she yet could still save some of the worlds inhabitants, as Titus was already doing. She stretched forth her power over the material world, and touched the minds of the inhabitants, regardless of race. She looked into the hearts of each and every one. Those that were good to her, she blessed with a dream.

“This world is lost, but another opens for you. Come to Aether, and leave this stricken plane,” Usaria said the dream. To their mind’s eyes, they saw a path leading to a mountain and a river. When the people awoke, if they chose to heed the dream, they gathered their belongings, packed what food they had left, and set out through the dark lands. The path they set out on matched what they saw in their dreams perfectly, and when they arrived, the herald of Usaria awaited them, bringing a gentle light to a portion of the dark material plane

Beings of all manners gathered at the mountain and the river, and Usaria accepted them all, regardless of their creator, if they were good in her judgment. She reached out her power again and lifted up the whole mountain with the people on top. Wrapping it in her power, the mountain shifted to Aether, and set it upon the land of Eos.

“Those that can be saved, have been,” Usaria said sadly. “Now, we must tend to our own lands. None must enter this realm, save for those who have earned the fellowship of our pantheon.” And Aether agreed. The barrier around Aether shifted, so that none besides Kryz, Titus, and Aaron could enter.

Meanwhile, in the land of Istamoshor, the star Maia, bereft of it’s creator’s power, faded into nothingness.

Move land: Mountain and river to Aether. 2 AP
Lock Plane: All but Kryz, Titus, and Aaron are barred. 2 AP
AP 1/5

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2009, 12:07:07 am »

Wayock appeared to his herald, he imbued him with the knowledge of battle and warfare, he altered him to excel at those. He told him to teach the Ger and the Dwellers with this knowledge, thus he did. Wayock gave him knowledge of basic warfare tatics, with those he taught the others, they then developed tactics of their own, suited to themselves.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:29:29 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2009, 02:05:18 am »

Joriak finished sleeping in the cathedral of bones. He felt stronger, and he was starting to recover some of the forbidden knowledge of his ancient home. In response to this, his body changed. He grew larger, his form changed to be sleeker, more streamlined and finally his mind itself began to adapt itself to this reality.  (Mutate physically) (0/3AP)

Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2009, 03:31:40 am »

Wayock drifted to a disused forge in the deeps of the Ger home. There he grabbed a pick, lying upon the ground and marched down deeper, further than where the Gor dare to step. He lifted his head, looking all around the eternal darkness did not affect his senses. He sniffed the air and smelt what he wanted, but he had to go deeper. Down into the long delved Dwellers shafts. Now none of the Dwellers walk these mines for rumors of the demonic place them here.
    Deep within the earth Wayock felt what he was looking for, randomly he stopped. Turned to face the rough-hewn wall of the shaft. He hefted his pick and dug at the wall, this continued for an age till he found what he was looking for. A copper vein. He dug more, and found a vein of hematite. He took some of both metals back and smelted them, making them from the ore they were into the metal he wanted. He took them and crafted from them a simple, unadorned copper axe head. From the iron he made a simple pole of solid iron. He took these and fitted them together. He started carving the metal, forming patterns. With the loving care of a mother he made this tool of war into something fit for a god.

He made the Axe of Wayock.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2009, 04:05:16 am »

Rhuax, in Istamoshor:

"There shall be a rain of fire upon the world and all things shall be burned away."

With that, Rhuax filled Istamoshor with magma and opened the portals to the prime material back open, letting magma rain from the sky. He ripped open a gateway to Kryz's realms, sending his messenger to bring forth the armies of Stormkin be beguiled. The Hielophagii also gathered, and prepared for war.

And so they marched, out to the prime Material Plane.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2009, 07:13:52 am »

A Prometheus Interlude

Amongst all the mind wisps in the endless forests of Kiranatos, the greatest was held to be -.--.  -.-- was the brightest and strongest of the wisps and one of the few who carried the secret of taming fire.  Throughout his life, -.-- profited from this knowledge as he flowed trough the forest, his small tribe of wisps drifting along the currents of knowledge, the rich streams of information that flowed through the trees, exchanging grand secrets of which they had no comprehension as animals might drink water from and add to a stream.  The time came that -.-- began to grow old and weak and he feared the day when he might dissolve completely, the knowledge that made up his being returning to the great stream.  Such fear often prompted him to take moments of solitude and upon one such moment he met the Other.

The Other had the appearance of a mind-wisp like himself, larger and brighter and tinged with purple streams.  -.-- quivered before it in awe.

"-.-- ~-¬.-...-~!" said the Other.  "..,'-~~.-"

".,`--`,.~?" asked -.--.

".'`,...---~,."

"~...`,..'.'.~~--..~!"

"~~~...~.`,,.'''`.,,'~"

"~...~...~`.---`.',~---?"

"..-"

"-.---.--.--~~~.- ~.~``',...!"

"..-"

"-.--!  -.--,... '.'.,,,~~~ -.--!"

"-.."

"..'..---.  ..-"

"---!"

With that, the deal was done.  -.-- returned to his tribe, strength renewed and possessed of greater power than before.  His life was long and fruitful, but in the fullness of time he was slain in combat by another wisp who he had wronged in his proud ascent.  When this had come to pass, his spirit did not return to the great stream, but instead became a tiny gem in the hand of a moustachio'd man.  His treasure obtained, Turpis smiled and shifted away from Kiratanos, having stolen the secrets of fire.

Beneath a Scorched Sky

Genedin looked up at the sky in fear and uncertainty.  The black rift of Istamoshur that had brought such darkness to the world and changed the swamps of his fledgling city from a poisonous murk of trees to a poisonous, decaying and cannibalistic mass of fungous growths now burned with the fury of dying suns.  Streams of liquid fire rained down from it across the land, meteoric strokes of death scarring and twisting all within its wake.  The very skies had changed, clouds streaked the colour of flame in reflection of the chaos above and below.  As the planet turned, the rift appeared to move across the land, lava streaming from it in a belt of destruction that cut a swathe across the realm.  Genedin had already consulted what sages and astrologers existed within his community, who believed that the rift would grace the swamps only barely, but enough to bring fire and destruction to the pockets of marsh gas throughout it.

"A terrifying thought, is it not?"

Genedin spun around, stone dagger flicking instantly into his palm.  Sat on a heavy rock atop the mound upon which the Nezumi leader had stood looking up at the burning sky was a human dressed in strange skins of fine texture and purple as the skin of the rarer swampland toads.  He sported a greying moustache and a ring of strangely appealing metal around one eye.

"How did you pass my guards?" demanded Genedin.  He looked to the base of the hill, where the eight loyal blackfur Nezumi stood watch while Genedin took time for his reflections.  They seemed unharmed and alert, yet had clearly not seen the human approach.

"They will not interrupt us," said the human.  "In fact, they cannot hear either of us.  Rest assured, this conversation is private to all save the gods.  My name is Turpis, Genedin.  I have come for you."

"You have come to slay me, then?"  Genedin flexed his fingers on the dagger's hilt.

"Far from it.  I have come to save you."

"Save me?"  Turpis gestured to the swollen, blistering skies.

"I hold the secret to controlling fire, Genedin."  The human raised a hand, in which was grasped a polished blue stone.  Within it, Genedin could see the tiny outline of a glimmering wisp.  "This is Prometheus.  He can teach you and your people everything you need to know about fire.  How to quench it, how to tame it, how to make it your slave and how to make it a weapon.  You wish your people to survive and prosper?  This is the key.  What do you say?"

"I say... what is the price?"

"Two beetles from the swarm of the Thousand."

"What?!" exclaimed Genedin.  "That is an outrage, that is blasphemy!"

"It's not blasphemy if another god does it, trust me.  In return, I will not only pass on the secret of taming fire, but two other secrets that will bring glory and power to Velik Broj's people.  That is my offer to the Thousand.  My offer to you is that these secrets will go to you and your city and not to, say, the Empire.  My price to you is your first-born son."

"The priest?"

"Yes, the priest.  His life and his soul.  If Velik Broj agrees to my deal with It, but you and your son do not agree to my deal with you, I will pass it on to the Empire instead.  To Emperor Datan, who has slain hundreds of your people in his cruelty, who drives the Nezumi to destruction at the counsel of his advisors."  Genedin gritted his pointed little teeth at this.

"That is your offer?"

"Yes, that is my offer.  Consider it, but be aware that I do not have-"

Turpis turned suddenly as a line of shimmering energy tore through the air beside him.  He leapt and rolled to the side as the line split open and an axe, silver-bladed and burning with ruby flames, thudded into the ground where the man had stood.  Genedin leapt back as another human, garbed in shimmering silver plates of metal, stepped through the portal before it closed and wrenched the blood-fire axe from the ground.

"There is no escape, deceiver!" cried the apparition as it swung again at the robed man.  Turpis ducked and glanced at Genedin.

"Consider my offer.  I will know how you choose."

Turpis fragmented suddenly, exploding into a swarm of buzzing insects and streaming away into the ochre sky.  The apparition transformed as well, launching itself after him in the form of a great silver-winged bird with bloodied tips.  Genedin watched the two flee for a time, then descended the hill to think about the visitation he had received.

Spoiler: Offer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:03:19 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2009, 11:37:35 am »

Thiliazari looked upon the mortal realm and wept. The poor peaceful denizens of the world were buried under molten rock, and it was all the doing of that jealous god of Light. Thiliazari despaired. But soon, that despair turned to anger, anger to hate. This hate brought him to the conclusion that no good could ever come from such a being.

He created a herald, a black and twisted thing with a thousand mouths, each with a curse and blight upon its lips. He filled this herald with all his rage, and sent it toward Rhuax, with a single message among thousands of insults and slanders.

"What have you done to this wonderful place? The work of so many has been drowned and forever buried by your foolish and selfish act! You are no god, a god is a benevolent creature that cares for and nurtures the earth. You are a devil, and as a devil you shall be treated! Know that this deed shall not go unpunished!"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2009, 01:13:53 pm »

Genedin sighed, and realized that he should at least make the best of this situation. If he could not be part of the old Elven Empire, he would make a better one. One with the power of fire.

"I accept your terms. I do, however, know that the Lord of Fire is extremely vain and greedy. He may seek to smite you for this action. Velik Broj is a neutral party to him, but Rhuax treats neutrals as bad as his enemies. Did you know that we once had a true sun here? A ball of fire that lit and warmed rather than scorched and blinded?

It's worth the risk. The thousand's power shall strengthen you in turn for fire.

You are resourceful for a slave. Who is your owner?"
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »

Moments after Genedin spoke, the cloud of insects returned and reformed, the mysterious assailant shaken for a time.  The human cocked his head at the question.

"Slave?  I suppose I am, yes.  I am owned by that which is neither sun nor moon, light nor dark, beneath the air yet above the earth, across the water and untouched by fire.  Neither day nor night hold dominion o'er me, nor shall the decay of entropy touch me.  I am beyond nature and unfettered by machines, untrammelled by order and above the law.  I am no slave to creation, nor minion of change, uplifted by knowledge but not bound by it, empowered by ignorance yet enlightened myself.  I am servant to all who both seek the truth for themselves and conceal it from others, and to those who profit from its distribution."

He held out his hand, offering the shimmering stone.

"You have a year and a day to prepare your son and the price I have asked.  I will come for them both at that time.  As for Rhuax... He might well take issue first of all with the one I stole fire from; the who stole fire from Him."

Teach Populace (Nezumi): Fire Use  0/1AP

((Currently taught to the Nezumi under Genedin's command.  If someone spends a couple of APs to give Genedin a faction, it will default to that organisation.))
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2009, 05:32:46 am »

Rotarn saw the flaming rain and did what he felt was the best option.
He forced the lava back through the portals.
Action:
Counter: "Pestilence: Magma is raining from the sky."

1/3AP left (I think)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 06:00:33 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35