Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28417 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #300 on: June 09, 2009, 03:25:27 pm »

The Deep Elves accepted the trading gesture. One left, and within the hour, a group of slave traders walked to them with a band of Humans and Nezumi tied together. The traders offered one of the Blackfur Nezumi for a few baskets of fish.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2009, 04:09:25 pm »

In the Material Plane, its denizens wept. Not the intelligent creatures, who lived in luxury in their civilization. No, it was the beasts of burden, the prey of civilization's unceasing hunger that prayed for salvation. With no champion, they were helpless to defend themselves. But this would be no longer.

Thiliazari was born.

He looked out over the expanse, to see many others here before him. He knew that to survive, he would need a place to call home, away from the others.

With all his might, he focused and with a single thought, a home of his own was created by necessity, just as he was.

(Create Plane, 0/3 AP left)

Iniracebela, plane of Thiliazari

Normal Gravity
Flowing Time- One day in the Material Plane is equivalent to 100 years in Iniracebela.
Finite, circular space, 2,000 kilometers in all directions.
Divinely Morphic
Minorly Positive-Dominant
Mildly Good-aligned
Normal Magic

With this, he waited to recuperate, so he may continue his creation of a haven for nature.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2009, 05:36:03 am »

Some Ger who spent all their lives underground became smaller, but stouter. Adapting to the darkness, shunning the light they are neither outcasts or shunned by the Ger and Moon Dweller society. They were the Gor. They were worked together with the normal Ger, and they nature attuned Gar. As hunters and miners, smiths and warriors, they did whatever they wished. For they excelled at the jobs that were done in the darkness, for they were many of them.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Wayock looked upon the Dwellers moon, he was dismayed that the plants upon them were dieing off. Unused to the soft light of the new star, they were having difficulty adapting from the harsh light of the previous star. Wayock changed the plants, making them used to the soft light. They flourished and the Ger and the Dwellers had larger harvests.

Wayock retreated back to his hall of Valhalla. There he rested, and gather his power. As more wars happened between the sentients, his power increased. As the earth in the ground was exploited and used more and more, his power increased. As the moons became a part, however small, of the mortals lives, his power increased. He gathered and waited.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:14:53 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2009, 08:42:52 am »

Alether was glad that many of the other gods accepted the new form of communication he had created. He didn't care whether the races used it for trade, diplomacy, or anything else. What he wanted was that they simply shared knowledge using it, no matter what knowledge that was. Now that knowledge was spreading faster and faster in the world, Alether felt more powerful than ever.

Raise Divine Rank: to DR 9 (3 AP)
Gain Domain: Knowledge (2 AP)
0/5 AP left
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2009, 10:17:49 am »

The crabtuars looked at the Blackfur Nezumi. They took a 3 baskets of fish out and put them down.

But then they took out the sandcrafted blades and sheilds which where slightly better then the old weapons the Deep Elves had and pointed towards the humans.They then pointed at the pile of blades and shields.

(Trade the humans for better weapons and armor.)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2009, 03:35:54 pm »

Rhuax, in Istamoshor:

"Oh look. Kryz's messenger here to lecture me about property rights. How amusing."

A large explosion was heard. Rhuax looked down upon Kryz's lands, thinking of a good way to get his message accross to Kryz. Something distracted him.

"Sigh. Did I not just say no more suns? I suppose I will have to take this one too."

With the world properly dark again, he responded to the messenger from Rotarn.

"I will till the Land, sow the Seed and reep the Harvest, as was decided in the days of old. Others have forgotten. I rememeber."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »

The weak shimmer of Maia cast her azure twilight over the Codex Crater, at the very edge of which a legion gathered.  At its head, a deep elf in bright red carapace armour raised a shell-shard axe and gave command to the elven warriors about him.  Each of these advanced, pressing forward the mass of nezumi shock troops over the crater's rim.  A great cry arose amongst the gathered legions as darkness swallowed the lands when high above the blue star was sucked into the jagged void that was Istamoshur.  Chaos reigned for a time, but the elven commanders kept command through ruthless discipline and war-fires were lit to guide the army as if it were night.

The battle was short and fierce, deep elven and nezumi warriors crashing into hastily gathered crowds of eldritch archons seeking to defend their own.  Blade and claw challenged mysterious arcane energies for dominance and soon enough a victor arose as the archons drew back from fear.  A lone archon braved death at the legion's hands to race to the holy object at the crater's core, and at the command of the leading elf only himself and a nezumi advisor clambered into the pit that bore the Codex itself.  There all three were surprised to find a human there stood, calmly reading through the Codex's brilliant pages.  He was not impressive by his nature, wearing rich but unimpressive robes, bearing a thick and drooping moustache and wearing a curious ring of gold upon one eye.  The man tore a page from the book headed 'Apotheosis' and stuffed it into his shirt before greeting the trio with a smile.  All three spoke in different languages until the figure gestured and all three could understand one another equally.

"What is the meaning of this?" cried the archon.  "We had a deal!"

"Which I have fulfilled, Thura," the man replied.  "Your soul, and all the knowledge you possess, for knowledge of other races, understanding of their culture.  I do hope you enjoy this first-hand experience, brief as it may be."

"As I had a deal with you," said the elf suspiciously.  "You promised me victory, and to guide me to an object of great power."

"And so I have, Allian.  All you need to do attain your victory is slay this archon."  Thura's eyes flashed in horror as Allian's carapace blade flashed out without a moment's hesitation and terminally disrupted the soft luminesence of her form.  "As for power, this artefact contains great secrets, greater than you can know, though I gave no promise of a translation, nor that you would ever have it for your own.  No, your soul is mine also, and through you the returning and victorious army.  Which brings me to you, Retchclaw."

"Vegeance," the blackfur nezumi spat.  "You promised me the one who killed my family."

"So I did," the man replied, giving Allian a meaningful smile.  Allian's eyes flickered momentarily as the betrayal dawned upon him and his reactions proved swift again as he sliced off Retchclaw's head, though not so fast as to prevent the nezumi making a single scratch with a venom-coated claw.  Allian felt the strength drain from him and he slumped to the ground before the shimmering Codex and the moustachio'd man before it.  The man reached into his robes and produced an elegantly carved marble tablet, filled to the brim with mystical-looking gibberish.

"I think this looks sufficiently 'artefact of mysterious power' to you, doesn't it?" he asked.

"Who are you?" Allian managed with his dying breaths, the muscles that pumped his lungs already beginning to fail.  The man smiled and knelt before him, picking up the carapace axe.  As he did so, his shape flickered through different forms; a glowing archon, a wizened nezumi, a shadowy creature Allian had never before seen and finally a perfect facsimile of Allian's own form.

"My name is Turpis," whispered Allian's doppelganger as it thrust the blade through his chest.  "And I am Deceit."

Allian chuckled warmly with Datan as his host's nezumi servants brought another set of hollowed out gourds filled with freshly harvested fruits and clear spring water to the flat rock that served as the elven lord's table.  Datan struck one of the nezumi for carelessness with arrangement of the fruit, then dismissed it from his mind and raised one of the gourds of water in a toast.

"To a grand victory," he said, "and the recovery of the holy artefact the Emperor sought.  Did he receive it well?"

"He is very impressed by the tablet," said Allian, "though it may be many months before anything meaningful is made of it."  He leant forward conspiratorially.  "I understand many of the higher elves feel this all something of a rolsolyl chase, if you get my meaning.  It could prove a valuable career opportunity for one with something more concrete to offfer them."

"Are you such an elf?" asked Datan, raising an eyebrow.  Allian raised his hands quickly.

"No, no.  I have received glory for my victory and I have little taste for politics.  No, what I seek is a place to retire.  A little glade with slaves and bountiful fruits like your own.  Perhaps a friend who could arrange such a thing."  He grinned and Datan mirrored it.

"What would you be willing to offer such a friend?"

"Advice and political sponsorship, for one.  My prestige is high right now, and my support could win your candidacy.  Also a far more concrete thing than the Emperor received."  He drew his axe and placed it on the table, running a thumb along the length of the haft.  Datan leapt back in fear as Thura's translucent form billowed from the blade and appeared before the two elves.

"Dread not!" reassured Allian.  "It is a gift from a friendly spirit by the name of Turpis, who helped me attain my victory.  It will teach you many things, including the secrets of writing."

"Writing?"

"Indeed, the trick of giving words form so that they are not lost upon the air but remain for so long as what they are written on survives.  This skill will allow you to control knowledge and make the memorisation of secrets and details that much easier.  With Turpis' help, it could win you the Empire."  Datan considered the axe carefully, stroking his chin.

"Are you sure?" he asked.  Allian smiled, a twinkle in his eye.

"Trust me."

Teach Literacy to Elven Empire: 0/1AP
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2009, 05:52:17 am »

Seeing the rogue, Rotarn acted quickly. He picked an especially talented shapeshifter and brought her to him. He told her of Turpis and gave her the task of hunting him down and bringing him to Justice. Rotarn also asked the other gods to aid, or at least not actively hinder her.

BegetCreate God-ish: Thurasa'Seaanč
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2009, 07:58:12 am »

Alether refused aid to Rotarn, as the actions of this rogue shapeshifter was very interesting indeed. He had managed not only to beat the Eldritch Archons through deceit, but also give the Deep Elves the power of Literature. Most importantly, that being had read the Codex, and through its powers, ascended to minor godhood. Only time would tell whether this Thura would prove beneficial or not to Alether's continuing plans.

The Codex Crater

Firmus slowly advanced through the ruins of his small city. The Eldritch Archons that had survived, less that two thirds of the original number, waited patiently for the next onslaught of these foreigners, these Deep Elves. The Archons would never give up their land, no matter what.

Not even the new library had survived the battle unscathed. Many of its marble plates, thought to be safe inside, now laid fractured and broken in the building and around it. What the Elves hadn't taken, they had broken. No matter. The knowledge held on them could be rewritten, and new plates made. They had all the time of the world to rebuild, as long as they were able to fend of the invaders. Luckily, those last seemed to have started a slow retreat, apparently having gotten what they wanted... but...

WHAT did they want? In the heat of the battle, Firmus hadn't thought of that. Now, he knew. Without delay, he ran towards the center of the crater, where the RElic should lay...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:24 am »

As Thiliazari rested in his plane, he realized that he had an ounce of strength left he had not put to full use. He decided he would mold his plane a little further, if the universe would permit.

The plane had a finite shape, yet it was filled with nothingness. Thiliazari attempted to fix that, and created a landmass to fill it to its brim. The land itself gave off a faint golden glow, but he knew it would not be enough to keep alive what life he would soon bring to it. In the center of his paradise, he created a lake, with many rivers branching out to all corners of his plane. In the center of that lake, an island formed. Thiliazari used the last of his energy, and took a piece of his own soul to give to the land. He had seen the god Rhuax, and his jealous hoarding of all suns and stars. He would work around this.

In the center of the island, a Great Tree sprouted, a brilliant gold, shooting miles upon miles into the air. It created a great light, forever to bring light to the plane he had so carefully molded. Such a marvelous thing of beauty needed a name, and so he named it Tin'ziil, The Goal. With no energy left, he decided he would speak to the other gods for the first time.

He crafted a herald, small in stature, but beautiful all the same. It was a white stallion, with angel's wings, and given the gift of three mouths, so that he may give all lies and deceits to one mouth, and forever shut it, and give all blasphemy, heresy and hatred to another, and shut it. He sent this herald out to each god with the message "Hail, fellow children of necessity; brothers in power. I am new here, and wish to serve the good of the worlds both material and non, what goes on here?"
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2009, 12:19:23 pm »

Genedin had been in the woods for years, ever since he was cast out of the tribe by his mother's slayer, Nas. He gathered a small militia of Elvish exiles and rogue Nezumi. They were armed with stolen human and merfolk weapons, with beetle-chitin weapons.

Geneding marched toward the elvish capitol. A small number of guards intercepted them, warning them to return to exile, or be tortured as a public spectacle.

"We outnumber this towns' guard. Bring me to Nas, so that I may take my revenge."

"I acknowledge your right to vengeance, but Nas is long deceased. Velik Broj took his life in an arena fight."

"I... Then, how would I take my vengeance?"

"You cannot. You shall remain in exile."

"Velik Broj has taken my honor."

"The thousand will eventually take everything."

Genedin signaled to his band of exiles. They turned and left, this time heading for the continent's southern coast. Safety can be found in the mangroves. He thought to himself. Perhaps I'll build a city of my own.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2009, 04:04:45 pm »

Aaron has grown tired. tired of these pointless and worthless gods and their toys. He feels as if his work is for nothing, and that it would not matter if he left or if he stayed. Sleep. Sleep is what he needs. Away from the others. With his power, he created a place of beauty and paradise, where those of good may rest their own bodies and souls. With is resting place finished, he turned back to material relem for on last time, and gave them a gift that they would remember.

Arron the Holy to all:
"Good-bye, noble stangers. May one day we meet again in more acceptable times"

And so Aaron the Holy slept, until he was needed again.

Create plane: plagiarius totus lux lucis (1 out of 4 AP left)
Normal Gravity
Timeless
Self-Contained Shape
Divinely Morphic
Minor Positive-Dominant
Strongly Good-Aligned
Impeded Magic

Teach populous (all): Hope (0 out of 4 AP left)

[And I'm out of here]

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2009, 06:05:41 pm »

Kryz looked upon his people. While they had a structured law system and a way to keep them from running amok in the street, they had no real direction. He decided to give them indirect direction. He sent inklings of knowledge to a select few of the Storm-kin. Those Storm-kin began to spread the word and preach to others. Soon they all had some form of the idea of Destiny in there heads. To them it represented, not what they are going to do, but what they have the potential to do and become. Many paths laying before them but none clear in their ultimate outcome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on Kryz did the same with the idea of Karma. Causing many to believe that their good actions will be rewarded and their evil actions punished. While Kryz himself will not punish and reward each individual, he will act only on some very special and specific cases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon after these two messages were sent to Kryz's people, they formed an idea all there own. They began veiwing certain things as unavoidable. The only common things amongst these thoughts were Death and the After Life. They began viewing these as inevitable and named them just that, the Inevitables. While some viewed these as unavoidable truths, others believed that nothing was inevitable and everything could somehow be avoided. In teaching the idea of Karma and Destiny, Kryz had indirectly taught the people the idea of Inevitables.

Teach Populous(4 of 5 AP): Destiny
Teach Populous(3 of 5 AP): Karma
Teach Populous(2 of 5 AP): Inevitables
Gain Portfolio Element (0 of 5 AP): Destiny
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 14, 2009, 02:01:10 pm »

Titus turned back to his plane. He let water flow into the crevices and chasms making lakes,rivers and seas of his planet,which he renamed Var. He then gathered up a ball of earth and poured water on it making a completly submerged planet that he set behind Var that he called Kio. On this palent he created a great palace that riviled the Burning Palace. He named it The Submerged Palace Of Kio.

Titus then made three more specks of earth which he sent into the orbit of Var.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2009, 02:15:41 pm »

Joriak was bored, and was feeling rather left out from all the excitement. It was then that he noticed that The Flesh Realm, while possessing all the elements needed for life, was still lacking somewhat. To be specific, it was rather flat, and boring. Remedying this, he began to sculpt the very flesh that made up this inside-out planet and created to his presumably mechanical hearts content. As a finish to this sudden bout of activity, he created a gigantic cathedral to reside in. This being done he entered the structure and fell into a shallow sleep.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35