Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28421 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2009, 07:13:31 pm »

Wayock sat upon his throne in the hallowed hall of Valhalla. There was nothing to do except judge and ponder life. He felt he had... Become greater than he was before - just by pondering.

It was an interesting thought.

((Raise Divine Rank: 2/5 AP left. DR is now 8.))

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2009, 12:16:09 pm »

Smoky tendrils reached out of a rip in reality as Garish's foul presence stroked the elves and caused great pain to them.

Pestilence: Aether Elves (4/5 AP left)

Raise Army: Skaturii Dominus (2/5 AP left)

Raise Army: Skaturii Dominus (0/5 AP left)
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2009, 05:05:46 pm »

Titus wacthed Garish torture the Aether Elves.He gives them a gift,he breathes happiness on to them and numbed their pain(Nourish populus 1 out of 4 ap used.)

He then turns his attentions back to his world...he creates deep gouges in the land some shallow some deep,some wide some narrow.He molded the land so that only a few large islands remained.(Mold land 2 out of four ap used total)

He then took a little bit of essence from the sun that warmed the material plane and placed it close to his home.(Shift land use rest of ap.)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2009, 12:32:21 am »

Wayock looked down upon the Ger, they were but a small tribe of people. They had no culture and has to use stone and bone tools. They could not smith nor could they mine. They had no access to metal. They were hardly worthy of Wayock, for now anyway. Wayock went down to them, and he went unto the leader. A priest of Wayock, albeit he could do little to have the Ger join Wayock in the afterlife, he tried his best. His name was Jaur. He was a large Ger, but highly intelligent. He was well equipped in skill, yet his arguments towards Wayock was not convincing most. Wayock went down to him, while Jaur was praying in the most devout way - sparring with his bone and stone weapons. Jaurs conviction was wavering, Wayock had done little to reassure the Ger populace that he was there. That he was watching over them. Wayock was, however, watching over them. Always and forever. He flowed to them, and went to Jaur, he drifted into Jaur and answered his prayers at the same time.

"Oh Jaur. You are one of the last, you are my most devout. For that I reward you with whatever you wish."

"S...S.. Sir? You're really there! I wish only that you would show yourself to me, show yourself to the rest of the people."

"Oh Jaur. I wish I could, but you see. I do not have a physical body in the Material Plane. However, I wish a herald. A devout mortal who will obey my every whim. Jaur, I am asking you. Will you be my herald?"

"Wayock. I will do whatever you wish."

"I am gifting you with teachings. Teachings that will advance you and your people, that will see them be worthy of me. Go out and teach them Jaur, for after you will be by my side."

Wayock flowed the essence of the learnings he wished into Jaur, since then Jaur knew how to do that. Jaur would go and teach his people of the things he had learned, eventually it will spread to all people. Causing strife and war throught the land. It will also, eventually, arm them for the coming darkness. For now Jaur travelled throughtout the land, teaching mortals of both the learnings and of Wayock.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2009, 10:59:26 am »

Aaron thought of his power. he is able to move, create, change, destory, and much, much more. So much power. But he felt limited, held back. He wanted more. He began to shine brightly, and when it was over, he had that power.

Evolve Physically - 0/3 AP left

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2009, 06:13:16 pm »

Usaria looked across her creation, and gasped as she felt Garish’s foul presence in her realm. The elves cried out in suffering, as Garish’s touch marred them. Her creations called out to her, begging for help, but she had not the strength to intervene.

Fortunately, their suffering was short, for another god intervened. Titus came to Aether, and bestowed a blessing upon the elves. Garish’s evil influence was stunted and diminished, and soon forgotten altogether. The elves rejoiced, and Aether rejoiced with them. The lands shifted, a portion of the plains sunk and filled with pure water. A freshwater sea was formed, a tribute to the Imperial Wave. A river flowed from this sea, forming a majestic waterfall when it reached the end of Eos. But Aether did not wish to waste any of the water, and altered itself to save it. Any water that fell from the edge of Eos and to the bottom of the plane was returned to the top, letting it fall back into the sea from whence it came.

<><><><><>

Grateful for the kindness shown by Titus to her creation, Usaria came to him in person, rather than send her herald. “Powerful Titus, master of the seas. Thank you for the merciful blessing you gave to my people, and ridding them of Garish’s curse. I am in your debt.”

“Titus, though Garish’s curse has been lifted from the Aether elves, I fear more strife will come. Armies of beasts and monsters are forming, and a storm is brewing. I fear it will soon break upon the lands. Garish is mighty, and each of us alone would be hard pressed to stop him. But Kryz, the Wandering Storm, has created a pantheon to protect that which is good in the planes. I have pledged my support to this pantheon, and will join as soon as I can. I invite you to join as well, so we can present a united front to those gods who seek to corrupt and consume all.”

<><><><><>

When Aaron the Holy slept, the herald of Usaria comes to him in a dream.

“Good Aaron, Holy one. My mistress Usaria sends her greetings. She has seen your actions upon the mortal plane, your creation of the order of the Paladins. She sees that you seek to defend the good in these worlds. Usaria desired for you to know that you are not alone in your endeavors. Kryz, the Wandering Storm, has created a pantheon for the purpose of defending what is good in these plains. I have pledged my support to this pantheon, and will join as soon as I may. I invite you to join as well, for Usaria has foreseen coming strife. Armies of beasts are being formed, and soon will be released upon the world.”

Shape land: Sea of Tribute
Action done by sentient plane.

AP 0/3

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2009, 12:53:01 am »

Some of the elves touched by Garish's pain did not receive Titus's blessing. They roiled in pain, and were changed by it. They retained their beauty but were no longer unearthly. They were beautiful by most standards, but their skin turned a deep gray, like the stones their hearts became. They found the Aether an unbearable place, and were wrenched from it by an unseen force. They were pulled into the forests surrounding the Nezumi swamps, and either learned to live like beasts, or tried to regain divine favor and protect natural beauty.

The former hunted the latter. Thus were born the deep elves.

Create Subrace(Deep Elves) 0/5 AP Remaining.

Velik Broj, to no one in particular.

"These will prove to be useful vessels with which to tempt humans. They have grown wary of the Nezumi."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2009, 01:05:37 am »

Rhuax, to Garish.

"Garish! Enough of this silly fighting. I have better things to do. I have to smite that imputent Titus, rout the upstart Aaron and reclaim the suns which ought belong to me. I am the Sun God, and I shall allow your armies free passage through my plane. What I ask of you in exchange is your assistance in crushing Titus and all others who would take from me my rightful place as Lord of Light. I will give your Skaturii great power and add my own minions to our campaigns. What say you?"

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2009, 01:13:06 am »

Velik Broj, to Rhuax
"You are the god of light? That is something which I shun. Darkness is where I thrive, and light can burn away darkness. Fire is not subtle in any way. However... Light and fire have their place. What influence do you have over those who do not know the light of day, who dwell in darkness... Or storm clouds that block the sun, and substitute it's light for pathetic streaks of electricity.

It is in your interest to combat Kryz, for he blasphemes the sun."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2009, 01:45:29 am »

Deep in the Realm of Magic

Alether suddenly awoke. The time was almost right for him to begin. Looking through to the other nearby planes and the material world, he saw many gods, new and old. They were actively creating this 'life' on the world. These gods might think that their little pet creatures were all theirs to toy with, but Alether wouldn't let them have all the fun, now would he? His long sleep had increased his power even more, enough to start his experiments. All he needed now was a base of operation.

The Lord of Magic solidified the powerful arcane currents of his plane into a huge floating island, with a tower of infinite hight in its center. There, he wrote down all his plans, decisions, knowledge, and research in large tomes and manuscripts, storing them in the tower, and preparing to enact them. Because of that, the tower would be known as the Truelore Library, were most knowledge of the multiverse would be eventually gathered and stored.

Evolve Physically (3 AP)
Create Land: The Truelore Library, an infinite tower on a huge floating island (No AP, since the Realm of Magic is divinely morphic for Alether)
1 AP left
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:49:09 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2009, 07:48:40 pm »

From Titus to Alether the Supreme Arcanist by a herald
You are wise are you not?
You are powerful are you not?
Can you bestow the energy of arcana upoun me?
I will sacrafice my left eye and hand for a fraction of the wisdom of the arcana that you posess.

((I hate reapeating myself))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2009, 07:00:14 am »

Alether, the Truelore Library

Upon hearing Titus's message, Alether dismissed the herald to be able to think by himself. It was time for him to share some of his knowledge with the creatures of the material world, but was it wise to share the full brunt of it with the other gods? Even a small part of this knowledge once given to any of the other powerful beings could cause him great trouble and frustration. But not sharing his knowledge at all would mean it never gets used to thrive and develop. As such, Alether knew he would have to take the middle way.

Alether, sending heralds to all other gods

The heralds sent to all gods were beings of pure energy, shaped like a serpent with a fierce lizard's head. The serpents spoke:

"Alether, the Supreme Arcanist, the Lord of All that is Magic, Arcane, and Eldritch, has decided that access to the powers of the Primal Eldritch Realm shall soon be given. But it shall not be granted to the Gods themselves, but instead to the mortals of the material plane, to be fought over and used by the strongest and wisest of them. As such, his Gift is even now on its way to the world, were its arrival might cause great chaos and panic among the living. So now, dear fellow gods, Alether leaves it to you to take care of your current wars, and the wars soon to be fought over this power. Farewell."

Even as the heralds spread their message, a new burning spot could be observed in the planet's sky, at day and at night, growing brighter every passing day...

It was a meteor, a tenth the size of the planet, blazing its way through the empty void towards the unsuspecting mortal's land...

Mold Land: Meteor (1 AP) from the nearby suns
0 AP Left
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2009, 05:16:15 pm »

Rhuax grumbled something about him being the one true Sun God.

Gain Portfolio Element: Suns 2/4 PP left

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2009, 06:24:37 pm »

Kryz pulled a few select Storm-kin from the larger population and informed them that they were hand picked to be a unique race of Storm-kin. He bestowed upon them the power to conjure and control lightning.

"You have been given a unique gift, my children," he ushered," You can control and manipulate the forces of lightning. You shall henceforth be known as Boltlings. While very similar to the Storm-kin you are different in many ways. As you evolve your bodies will become slim and sinewy, your speed will be almost double that of the average human and you still control the power of the winds."

Kryz then left them to practice and perfect their new powers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kryz also took note of Usaria's recruiting. He sent his herald to Usaria to deliver a message. "Lady Usaria," the Hawk began," Kryz has seen that you are recruiting others to join the pantheon. My master is pleased with your work and wishes to thank you for doing this. He would greatly enjoy for the pantheon to grow and is looking forward to the possibility of others joining the cause."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kryz saw that the gods were slowly trying to further their own agenda. Kryz decided that, instead of bickering with them, he would sit and meditate. He focused on himself and how he could improve.

Create Subrace (3/4 AP): Boltlings
Raise Divine Rank (0/4 AP
) (DR is now 7)
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2009, 09:53:12 pm »

Rhuax, from his flaming throne you know where.

At the same time, his herald, in the Burning Palace.

"I, Rhuax, Lord of Flames and Magma, proclaim myself God of the Suns of all planes. I shall claim what is mine and slay all who try to stop me."

Gain dominion: Sun
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35