Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fire and Ice (LSD)  (Read 981 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Fire and Ice (LSD)
« on: March 20, 2009, 11:01:03 pm »

To help spread the word of my new Frost Giant Citadel variant for Civilization Forge, I've decided to make a Location Scenario Distribution for it.

For those that don't want to spoil anything for themselves, you should download it and skip the rest of this post.

Note, you may want to replace the init file with your usual one. The one included is set to my defaults on a laptop, and may not be ideal for everyone.

The great ruler of The Dungeons of Gilding, Athapufa Wereseason has decreed that the Giants must gain further mastery over their elemental foe, Fire. A magma vent has been discovered in the tundra, bordering one of the many northern glaciers. It is here that Ice shall meet Fire, and become its Master.

Your group is tasked to create a mighty Steelworks in this region. Until now, only iron has been available for the Frost Giants. However, the secrets to creating steel have been learned from the Chaos Dwarves, and you shall harness this power. The site has been scouted, and limestone has been found. It will, it is hoped, contain everything you need for this new alloy.

Your initial group is to set up a camp, and begin building the foundations of this new Citadel of Ice.

Be warned, though, many of your neighbors are troublesome and greedy. They will assuredly seek to this spot from you by force.

Hopefully people will find this to be a fun and interesting challenge. Frost Giants make for an interesting Fortress mode race, with lots of advantages and disadvantages compared to the Dwarves.

I hope to hear many interesting stories about them!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:09:33 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Fire and Ice (LSD)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:18:03 am »

Looks interesting. I'll try it out!

Quick Question: Will I need the orignial Civ Forge mod to run this one?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:19:40 am by Katsuun »
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 08:06:15 am »

Sound very interesting, heavily modded so I will be expecting some surprises.

I'll try it out if I find the time. I would like the idea of LSDs to spread.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:00:46 pm »

I uploaded the entire folder for this one, so you don't need to download anything else.

I've got a wiki for civ forge, so if you're having issues figuring things out that should help. There are also files in the folder that explain a lot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 06:43:29 pm »

This sounds cool (urgh), but you seem to have messed around with the interface a fair bit.  You might want to note that in the OP.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:08:57 pm »

Good point. I think I mentioned that in the download for the file but not in the OP.
Come play Mafia with us!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:18:28 am »

Unfortunately, my hunter died and resultingly, I starved to death by the second season. Good mod though! I just fail as a player.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.