Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When gaming, what role are you most willing to fill?

Game Master Only
- 0 (0%)
Game Master or Player
- 16 (57.1%)
Player Only
- 12 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Virtual Tabletop Gaming Club  (Read 21991 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D Club: DF Themed Campaign (Discussion)
« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2009, 06:57:03 pm »

Actually, the game is ongoing. Go ahead and join in on the action.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2009, 09:34:34 pm »

Well... I didn't get to play any. What's going on now, then? Who can I get in touch with?

Cerej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2009, 10:20:02 pm »

Sorry about that.  I would recommend getting in touch with Solifuge, who is planning to run a DF themed campaign in... a few weeks maybe.  I don't think he's given us a specific date yet.

I'm unlikely to continue DMing in the next few weeks, but someone might step forward to take over and bring the adventure to its conclusion.  Shingo had (I think) mentioned it as a possibility once.  I'll ask him later.

Sorry again for failing to get you involved.  I hope there will be a next time for you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2009, 10:46:46 pm »

Sorry if we missed your PM, Navian. Coordinating a virtual game on a forum can be a bit confusing at times, yeah.

Anyway, like Cerej said I'm in the process of writing a campaign for 4e D&D set in a world that borrows thematic elements from Dwarf Fortress (details are in the first post). Depending on group size, it'll either be 1 or 2 separate sessions in the same world, with players working toward intertwined ends, and you are welcome to join. If so, would it be your first 4e D&D campaign?

The DF-Themed 4e Campaign I've been working on, The Isle of Earthfire, is coming along nicely. If the pace continues as it has, it should be ready to go in a few weeks. 6 Seats will be available in total, and I'm starting to take Player Applications for it now. Experienced players and newcomers are welcome, and I'd be happy to explain anything that you need to know to get started in 4e.

If you're interested in a seat, please submit the following info:
 - Availability: Days and times you're free to play (In GMT)
 - Character Info: Name, Race, Class, and Gender.
 - Charcter Concept: In one sentence, describe your character as an adventurer.
 - Heroic Background: In a sentence or two, describe the deed which allowed your character to become Level 1 in their class.

Example:
Talan Karr, Human Fighter (Male)
Concept: A former soldier now hiring out as a mercenary.
Background: Unarmed and separated from his squad while on the front lines, he singlehandedly defeated an entire enemy squad, and bested their commander, using only a stout oak branch.

PC Class List:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PC Race List:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you want more information, are unclear on anything, or have other questions, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:50:07 pm by Solifuge »

FoboslC

« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2009, 03:11:15 am »

Sorry guys. Yesterday I experienced some technical problems which led to my computer catching on fire(dont ask). I could not host aparently. On the bright side, I now got a new motherboard!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:44:57 am by FoboslC »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2009, 06:09:25 am »

*winces*

Been there done that.  At least it didn't take long to get it back online!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2009, 07:04:17 pm »

No worries Fobos, and glad that it didn't cause any more damage than it could have, and that you're alright.

Cerej got game going without problem, and afterwards Navian and GauHelldragon tested out the Hamachi method, and it worked just fine.

Also guys, GauHelldragon set up an IRC channel for discussion, OOC chat, etc.
NewNet, #Bay12DnD

I'm juggling things right now, but once I can get to it, I'll post the remaining race info, and further directions for players and such.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 07:06:03 pm by Solifuge »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 08, 2009, 03:35:56 am »

Okay, I lied. Here's the first taste of the Campaign Pantheon.

CAMPAIGN PANTHEON PART 1)
The Primordials, and the Creation of the Gods

At the beginning of time, forces known as the Primordials came into being, and working in concert they formed the spheres of the universe. After their work was complete, they created a race of divine beings known as the Gods, in order to populate the universe and tend to their creation. The Gods were ageless, but powerless to shape the spheres as they saw fit, and over time, they wished to create beings of their own. The Gods banded together against their creators, aiming to take the powers of the Primordials for themselves. Thus began the God's War.

Though their powers were far greater than those of the Gods, the Primordials still fought only reluctantly against their own creations. Nevertheless, the Gods were innumerable, and though many Gods fell at the hands of the Primordials, they still would not relent until the powers of creation were granted them. It was then, realizing that the war would not stop until all the Gods were destroyed, that the Primordials struck an agreement with the remaining Gods. Each of the Primordials would surrender the powers of creation to the Gods, under the condition that each Primordial would retain exclusive power over certain elements of the universe.

Primordials:        (Element, Social Sphere, Virtue, Foible)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Kroom (Sun):        (Fire, Warfare, Strength, Wrath)
Rundu (Moon):       (Water, Trade, Agility, Dishonesty)
Marast (Spheres):   (Stone, Wealth, Constitution, Greed)
Lokk (Void):        (Metal, Creation, Wisdom, Idleness)
Soban (Ages):       (Sky, History, Intelligence, Pride)
Algenod (Emotion):  (Wood, Hunting and Farming, Charisma, Desire)
Armok (Blood):      (Soul, Birth and Death, N/A, N/A)

Although their existence is no longer common knowledge, and though their powers are vastly diminished, the Primordials remain the objects of worship for a select few Cults and individuals. The most notable of these is the Cult of Armok, "God of Blood".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:41:03 am by Solifuge »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2009, 05:43:19 am »

BLOOD TO THE BLOOD GOD!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2009, 06:11:17 am »

When does this one start?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 08, 2009, 01:29:10 pm »

As much as I want to jump right into the campaign, I won't start it until I get the loose ends tied up and feel that the campaign world is solid enough for game. My estimate is about 2-3 weeks from now.

Anyways, I wanted to share with everyone some of the things that have been discussed on the IRC channel. Provided we keep the players we have now, we've got 2 full parties worth of players. All players will be part of the same adventuring company, and for some days will be all together, but for most quests will be acting as separate entities. Who is in what party will mostly depend on availability, but expect characters to drift between parties as well.

Also, for players who are ready to pick stats, the preferred method we'll be using is rolling.
1) Roll 4d6, and drop your lowest die roll. Roll 7 stats in total, and assign the best 6 to whatever stats you wish.
2) If you don't like the array, you may choose to dump it, and roll a new array. If you do so, you can no longer use the old array. You can roll a total of 5 arrays.
3) If you don't come up with an array you are happy with by the 5th attempt, you may discard them and use the 22 Point Buy method as listed in the PHB. I'd prefer if this was used only as a last resort.
4) Remember, a poor roll can often make for a great character. If you doubt this, I would point to a great example from the Dragonlance series.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:32:11 pm by Solifuge »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2009, 02:27:54 pm »

I'm not sure how the character sheet works in terms of actually making it in the game, can someone explain this to me?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2009, 04:48:08 pm »

I don't understand how die rolls decide my stats.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2009, 05:47:46 pm »

Lets see, If its the same as in 3.5 I am right.

Okay there are 6 stats, you should know this.
Strength, Dexterity, etc etc
you roll 4 dice.
lets say you get a 6, 4, 3, and a 1.
You drop the lowest one(the 1), and that would be an example for 1(do that 5 more times, than choose where you want the point, like if you get a relly high number, and you are a rogue, you will want it in dexterity). The number(the higher the better) determines the modifiers you get for some skills.

There you go

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2009, 06:13:10 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25