Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Brokensquare (Community Fortress)  (Read 5501 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Brokensquare (Community Fortress)
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 08:36:18 am »

aww poor dragon, where are your cage traps O.o
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Mica for it's perfect cleavage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:39 pm »

Thanks, jarod.

Short: Well, I have three cages blocked by blinking mechanisms, and then another 5 south of the caravan.
I never really got that excited over Microcline... Oh wait, THAT blue stuff.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 07:37:47 pm »

awwwww just imagine if we caught the dragon in a cage*gets an evil look* what a special death arena beast that would be :D.................including that foolish Skedrin and Octavin :o we r not foolish ;). and nice job with dealing with what goblins were left :D

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2009, 07:59:38 pm »

Nice.  Dude is my favorite mayor so far.
Thanks, jarod.

three cages blocked by blinking mechanisms,
What do you mean by blocked?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2009, 08:04:40 pm »

I mean, since its a still frame, you can't see that the mechanisms are on top of the cages, all you see is the mechanisms. As in they are blocked from view by the gears.

Baltiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009, 09:01:50 pm »

Too bad I couldn't participate in this ordeal.

*Grumbles at my bad luck*

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2009, 09:38:44 pm »

Well, Baltiel was murdered by Bastion, and Bastion was murdered by a carpenter, and the carpenter was murdered by... Tekud, Who I renamed Barkid. He was quickly murdered by my mayor, who then went insane, and was burried by a random dwarf, who is now named Bastard.

Thats you.

Wait, I actually made up everything after naming Barkid, He's still alive.
Stats:
Accomplished Shield User
Talented Hammerman
Competent Wrestler
Proficient Armor User
Skilled Axeman
Proficient Swordsman

So he's pretty leet. Anything you want him to champion in? He's going to be assigned a war tiger first though.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2009, 06:08:57 am »

You need to spend bones to make bones, why do you have all your bones sitting out in the stockpile!!!

Bones for the bone god! Bones for the bone god!
*heads off to start a cult*(Is Ravm Argol still alive and smoothing?)

Congrats on not losing any dwarves, it is too bad you didn't get a chance to face the dragon though, that could have been epic...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Baltiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2009, 03:09:55 pm »

Uh..  Champion Axeman please.

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2009, 07:18:16 pm »

RAM, Ravl is no longer engraving, as I started on the Grand hall a bit ago, and want legendaries only.

And as for Barkid, he is officially awesomely well rounded.

Now to give him a fleet of dogs!

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2009, 07:30:45 pm »

oooo oooo oooo!!!!!!!!! how is octavin?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2009, 07:50:40 pm »

Yeah? Well I don't need your crummy work! I can make my own Grand hall, and I'll engrave it myself, and everyone will want to go there because it'll be better than yours, and nobody will want your crummy hall...

Hmmm, maybe I should see my personality before I make too many mandates...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2009, 07:57:24 pm »

RAM, My Great hall is totally pimping

All masterpiece statues lining the wall, Total masterpiece tables and thrones. An Artifact obsidian statue right behind where the king's throne will be (I'm hoping to get an artifact chair at some point) Pillars through the center, and MAGMA!

Octavin has an update in the next update.

Which probably isn't good considering he's military, and we all know how well our military does...

*cough baltiel cough*

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2009, 09:11:32 pm »

(Here ya go, lots of death in this one, so Baltiel, you might wanna just sit this out)

24th of Limestone, Autumn 305

Well, thats just dandy... Those dwarves from the mountain home left without trading anything with us! I mean sure, their liason died... And sure, one of their wagons got destroyed... But, cmon! It's not OUR fault that we decided to hide inside our fortree during a fricking joint attack by a couple dozen goblins and a DRAGON came wandering through...
   I'll write more later, I'm too tired to do anything else today.

-Mayor Dude

9th of Sandstone, Autumn 305

Well, the fortress is picking up, and both the water dispersal center, and the pump tower are well into being rebuilt. However, all is not fine, as post war depression is stronger, and farther spread, than I expected. It seems that civillians are angry about being told what to do, but I know it was the right choice compared to the casualties that would have come from other methods.
   Now that all the projects are almost finished, I need to find a bitchin way to leave my mark on all of dwarf kind...

-Mayor Dude

24th of Sandstone, Autumn 305

Well, now THAT was awkward... So Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky Skedrin came up to me with a peculiar request in mind. He marched right on up and asked if he could have all the unassigned war dogs, AND the war tiger... I tried to explain that we needed those incase some of the actual war dogs died, but he insisted since other then that one attack that we didn't need the military for, we never used it. It made sense to me when I mentally rephrased it like that, but I'm not sure if that REALLY what he meant due to his wack lingo. At the end he kind of just... Zoned out, and stared at me for a really long time. It was really wierd, so I told him he could have the lot.    Then he started dancing around.

-Mayor Dude

(OOC, What? I like giving my favourites an advantage! [If he doesn't go insane from them all dieing first])

1st of Tiimber, Autumn 305

Y'know what? I just realized something, and its cRAaAaAzY! I was just hanging out in the smaller dining hall (No one is allowed inside the bigger one until all the pictures are engraved) and I noticed something. Not only are there a severe lack of female dwarves here, theres only a few married couples, and almost no dwarves courting others. It's kinda wierd.

-Mayor Dude

6th of Moonstone, Winter 305

Well, apparently training in using swords is a LITTLE dangerous. I had recently started a freaking awesome program that has all the militants training in all sorts of different weapon uses, and they're all learning to use swords now. Already after a week of using swords we have an injury. Luckily they're using blunt swords, so it was only a break, but Octavin won't be on his feet for a year at least.
   Well, that sucks!

-Mayor Dude

10th of Moonstone, Winter 305

Great news, dwarfs and dwarfettes! The water pump tower is once again fully operational, and now even more efficient than ever!
   Using my amazing good looks, and cunning brain, I devised that if all the pumps ran at the same speed, (which they do) then having one pump, pump directly into the source of the next pump, it would be more efficient than if it pumped it into a square away! I'm amazed no one else thought of this!
   Unfortunately, the aqueduct isn't done yet, so no Well for a while.

-Mayor Dude

17th of Moonstone, Winter 305

Oddity. It would seem that the brisk tint to the air has completely disappeared, in fact I can't even feel the temperature of the air anymore, and everything else feels exactly the same temperature-wise. Looking outside, the previously cloudy sky is now also completely clear.

-Mayor Dude

(Temperature and Weather removed to hopefully Up the FPS which is annoying me by running at 35...)

2nd of Opal, Winter 305

It was bloodshed, great drops of blood raining down from the hills. We lost six noble dwarves, and seven war dogs. It came as two seperate ambushes, once again one from the west and another from the north. The north was spotted first a bit above the pump tower. That group chased around a dwarf which escaped with his life. The northern spot was removed mostly from cage traps, and others were taken care of by marksdwarves wielding swords, as they didn't have time to change their weapons. Two were lost, but the northern group was removed. Shortly after the western group appeared. Many 3 peasents fell to rain of arrows they created, and they held out there until a trained militant arrived. It was not long before he fell since he had no backup, but he had taken down their commander before he fell. The archers then stood their around their commanders corpse, knowing not what to do. Then he arrived, the true hero of this battle, Skedrin.
   He had trained in the barracks for many month now, and was quite proficient in all manners of combat, but as arrows were fired in volleys at him, an injured bystander, (who now reports this to me), watched as surely Skedrin would fall. It happened in slow motion, he watched the arrow destined for Skedrin's death fly directly at his heart. It sank in with a burst of blood, as Skedrin continued running at the 5 archers.
   Out of arrows, the goblins ran from this man possessed, and seeing that Brokensquare was safe from these menaces, he fell, dead on the spot.
   This was not the end, no. Skedrin's pack of animals were loyal, and seeing their fallen master chased the goblins til the end of the land, not content until they had left.

Aftermath:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-Mayor Ast Erushmonang

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2009, 10:33:38 pm »

Wooho! Free dogs!
In this time of tragedy, we must look to the future, to build this place into a monument to those that have been lost...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7