Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Brokensquare (Community Fortress)  (Read 5497 times)

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Mica for it's perfect cleavage.
    • View Profile
Re: Brokensquare (Community Fortress)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 10:36:53 pm »

Nah Short, sorry. It was some random Stoneworker.

But don't worry, you're going to love the next post, which I'll add in a few minutes when I'm done writing it. (It's taken a lot of snooping to get the facts right [Note: This account is completely factual. Ok, I might have exaggerated the battle scene a BIT... Baltiel actually only got one kill])
I never really got that excited over Microcline... Oh wait, THAT blue stuff.

Baltiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 10:38:55 pm »

Oh wow, first community fort and I die during sparring.  :P  Oh well.

Yeah, that's no problem.

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 10:43:26 pm »

Ok people, (Especially you short-dwarf) please get comfortable, and go to the bathroom now. We don't need people urinating on themselves in happiness. (Also note: Things I've said will make a lot more sense now, I forgot that I hadn't posted the battle scene. See baltiel? You did more than die sparring, you saved the fortress!)

-LETS DO THIS-

24th of Granite, Early Spring, 4th Year.

Thank Armok it is over. Few were lost, but it was a bloody battle. Lured outside by the thought of elven treasures spilled across the ground, dwarves rushed outside right into the goblin forces. Meanwhile, our Dwarven Military was distracted by the right flank of the goblin ambush. I myself was out there to witness the carnage as I was caught in the midst of hauling lumber indoors when the goblins sprung. The first sign of the goblins was when they're leader, a human, was capture in one of our elephant traps. This exposed the rest of them to our scouts, and the military was on them in seconds. Two heroes of notable bravery were an Axedwarf and a Hammerdwarf, Baltiel and Cog. Surrounded by enemies, Cog took his hefty hammer, and spun around, slamming one of the Greenskins 50 feet away, where he promptly died, then struck the other two, killing them both instantly. It was not until this blur of motion was over that I saw the toll. Cog's body was mangled, one of his leg's was missing, and he lie on the ground, bleeding. Even If I were to run through the bloodied field at that very moment, (You see, I could not as I was faint in the head) I still wouldn't have made it there.
   The rest of the military watched in awe, and then sadness as the fight ended before they could even get there. Some of them went to help Cog, but others new it was too late. In minutes they had made it back to the fort, and were regrouping to head out to the other flank. Going north above the bulk of the troups, came Baltiel's story of heroics. The troupe came around the goblins from behind, and attacked one of the ambush parties, The marksdwarves shot quickly, and dropped a goblin in a moment. Then came Baltiel, running up to the bulk of the goblins without fear, and quickly rendered a goblin's arm useless. He acted in a blur of trained instinct, and the crowd of goblins was turned into a red peppering of blood.
   Continuing on to the rest of the goblins, more were killed by the marksdwarves, but others fled from the melee portion of our militia, and escaped to the north along with the other human commander.
   I hope the elves are not angry with the loss of their caravan, yet they may have yet been angrier if they had made it to our depot, and left empty handed again.

-Mayor Fahrm Beehd.

25th of Felsite, Late Spring, 4th Year.

Life has become a blurred vision, slowly dragging by. I had a wonderful idea, I went to put it in motion, and all I needed were a few things to make this wondrous contraption. It would have been legendary, would have gone down in our history. IT would be the great prize that wars would be fought over, IT would be the determining factor in political debates, IT would be the inspiration for countless other artifacts. It would have been wonderful, and seeing all that, I just can't see any reason to live anymore. No, I don't think I'll kill myself, not yet.

1st of Hematite, Early Summer, 4th Year.

This is the end, I am no longer mayor. My duty is fulfilled to my people, and with the world a empty as it is now, I have no reason to live. I have chosen to fast from both food and drink. I am not worthy of the pleasures of the flesh, and only seek the pleasure of death. I hope that I am strong enough to go without killing myself, but the river tempts me in it's beckoning freedom. I pass on to my succesor these requests and suggestions; Finish the aqueduct, it shall save us in our time of need. Invest in a stronger military, they too shall protect us. Finally, no matter how tempting a caravan full of free stuff sounds, do not run out to the fields, as it could be the death of you. I am going to leave this journal on the table in the Mayor's quarters, which I can no longer call my own, and go off to wait for my judgement. Armok take me.

-Former Mayor, Fahrm Beehd.

22nd of Hematite, Early Summer, 4th Year.

My eyes are filled with tears as I write this. I have just evicted my friend, the past mayor, Fahrm from his own house as I take his job as well. As cold as it is, and as painful as it is, for me to say this, it is true; He no longer needs them, so I shall make the most of them. He still lives, and after reading this journal I understand that ghastly look about him, and the blank face he always carries. I fear he will not live much longer, and I fear I will not be able to handle another death. Baltiel too was my friend, the great hero written of earlier. Alas, that story is not written. As much as it pains me, I must do him justice here: Baltien suffered a death of suffocation merely minutes after I was appointed Mayor. His lung was injured during a particularly intense sparring session with a Hammerdwarf named Bastion Hagrav. Bastion, noting Bastiel's distress, quickly hauled him off to the barracks so he could recover, but he breathed his last breathe before he could make it.
   I shall take over this journal for now, and those who read it; do not worry. I have taken Fahrm's requests to heart, and shall continue what he planned for this fortress, even if my life ends in it's progress.

-Newly Appointed Mayor, Guln Shoddrah

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 10:51:33 pm »

:o
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 10:52:48 pm »

I kid you not, they selected you to be the next Mayor. I'm getting lucky with them picking named people to lead. Makes it more interesting for my 5 person fan base.

C'MON PEOPLE, THIS'LL BE FAMOUS SOME DAY, SO JOIN NOW AND BE A PART OF THE FOUNDING.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 11:23:46 pm »

I really wouldn't know, but it may be possible to knock out a dwarf by locking it in with dust from a collapse, if it falls unconscious while on a cage trap you may be able to transfer it to a chain...
If it works, remember to keep them drunk...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 11:12:18 am »

RAM, I know I asked that at some point, but I don't think it was in this thread...

Well thanks for the information anyways...

AND....

You're now part of the fortress as one "Ravm Argol" and he shall be... an Engraver! And with the way this has gone, our next mayor as well >.>

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 11:22:41 am »

lol of course unless I happen to get reelected ^_^
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 12:27:35 pm »

First post updated with more accurate character list.

Game updated with more names (I left out Helm, Octavin, and Ravm yesterday when I changed them by mistake.)

Going to update my notepad with the journal entries, and maybe go back and spell check a few of the posts.

Then I'm gonna play! (And try not to get carried away, and forget to log things)

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 12:57:07 pm »

he doesnt need to have a farming past and such a loss :( those lost will be avenged

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 01:56:25 pm »

Baltiel, I'm so sorry for your loss...

Editing in the next segment:

14th of Malachite, Mid Summer, 4th Year

I steal away from my work to write this, so it must be hurried. The human traders are here, and they have brought many goods. We have brought more, and most likely could by their entire stocks if we so choose. I have informed our own trader to request weapons and leather to make more armor with. I have also requested any chain and plate armor to be bought, as we are in constant need of supplies for our military. We do not need food, but I recommended buying some meat so we could have more than mushrooms for dinner once in a while. That broker of ours is a fine lass, in more ways than her mind. We've known eachother for a long time, but not very well.
   Alas, I stray from more important matters. There has been some whisperings of that dear Skedrin being up to something new, nowadays. I just hope it's something less exerting, for his sake, watching him fly through rocks, and now trees, is truly something to behold, but It's gone to his head, and not in the normal sense. All he has now is his body, and not an ounce of brain. I shall have someone follow him for a while, and see what he is up to.

-Mayor Guln Shoddrah

21st of Malachite, Mid Summer, 4th Year

Finally the traders have left, and with them much of the confusion and chaos. They also took a good deal of the goblin armor around here as well. The stuff is useless to us, but they found it pretty valuable. We made off pretty well too, we took all of their food and much of their milk that they had for trade, as well as some precious metals, these we bought so their wagons could take the weight of all the crafts, and some weapons and shields. They aren't the best quality, but they're better than nothing.
   During the chaos, my hired shadow found out what Skedrin is up to, and his new friend Octavin. I haven't actually met this Octavin before, but I've been told he used to be a farmer. Apparently, Skedrin and Octavin got into a small scuffle, which led to Skedrin, thankfully, throwing his lumber axe down, and starting to wrestle with Octavin. Being as strong as he is, Skedrin was the obvious winner, but Octavin put up a good fight. They also had so much fun, that they went against they're jobs, and started a partnership where all they do now is practice wrestling. (Note: This isn't the first time Skedrin has randomly reassigned himself. He would still be a miner today, if he hadn't decided to go berserk and start cutting down trees. When he mentions his being reassigned during his portion of the journal, he doesn't mention he reassigned himself.)
   I consider Skedrin my friend, so I will make sure he isn't ever actually put into the field. Maybe a fortress guard would be a good position for him? Actually, we don't have any Fortress Guards, not even a sheriff. I will need to fix this.

-Mayor Guln Shoddrah

25th of Malachite, Mid Summer, 4th Year

Today is a day of mourning, left alone to sulk in his depression, Fahrm Beehd, has died from dehydration. When attempted to force liquid down his throat, he would spit it out, and lash at anyone near him. His death was his choice, and even with this less than noble demise, he shall be remembered with great reverence. He is being moved to his Tomb today.
   That Is All   -Mayor Guln Shoddrah

4th of Galena, Late Summer, 4th Year

Armok be damned! No matter how blasphemous, there must be no more blood for the Blood God! He has too much already! First our military is damaged in that goblin ambush, and now this!
   I shall try and keep this as factual as possible for the sake of history: Today in the middle of the day, a carpenter in the Barracks went berserk. In a normal situation, this would have been dealt with quickly, and fatally. He would have been silenced, and put to rest. Not this time. This time the only ones in the barracks with the now berserk carpenter were two fortress guards. That would have been fine, if they weren't currently wounded and rested. One with a broken hand, and the other with a broken leg. Both were asleep, as the carpenter came down on them in turn, ripping their bodies to pieces with his bare hands. By the time the military showed up, they were both dead in their beds.
   The first of those to show up was Bastion, the accidental murderer of Baltiel. With his hammer, he swung once at the carpenter, severely damaging his leg. This would have been enough to send most people into a comatose state of pain, but not him. In a berserk rage, before Bastion could swing again, his hand was broken. Having no way to attack with his weapon hand, he started swinging with his other. By now another hammer dwarf arrived, and with his arrival, a burst of blood, and Bastion's leg was on the ground, pooled in blood. The 2nd hammerdwarf made quick work of the carpenter, then knelt at bastions side, and listened to his last words. They are as follows:

"You stole my kill, you... bahh...sss...t.... *Cough, gush, spurt*"

In four minutes, four were dead. Now as I write this, I here that several others are going mad with grief as well, including our famed miner Legus Lorken. If he breaks and starts killing people, it could be fatal to many people. A burly man like him with a mining pick is dangerous stuff... We need to stop this now.

-Mayor Guln
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:26:36 pm by Skelodwarf »

Baltiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 02:30:26 pm »

Son of a bitch, I died again?  XD

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 02:40:01 pm »

Son of a bitch, I died again?  XD

Signatured for epic win.

Also: You have been reincarnated as the Hammerdwarf that "saved" you.

Org, do you want to be Reincarnated?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:42:45 pm by Skelodwarf »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 03:01:29 pm »

What?

When did I die?

How?

I have not been checking this. XD

Uhh...sure. A soldier. named org.

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 03:13:12 pm »

Well, you were elected Mayor, and then you got moody, and then you dehydrated because we didn't have any of the cloth you wanted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7