Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 44158 times)

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 41: Boring turn is boring
« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2009, 03:48:18 am »

And as I don't want to give the impression that I edited the post to make it seem I answered much earlier, here's my action, in a separate post.

I will greet the squid as an old buddy of mine, having met in a bar on Jaglan Beta. I jest about him apparently not having lost a leg in Jaglan Beta. Maybe we could team up, for old times sake, y'know?
If he seems to try and kill me however... RUN. The right way! Follow Serephe! Unless Serephe runs the wrong way!
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2009, 07:45:56 pm »

Finding nemo. It was so obvious, even.
If it was so obvious, why didn't you get it when the challenge was first issued?  ;)

Shoruke is MIA. I'll decide his fate the RTD way, through a dice roll! |Well, he got lucky this time. I guess I can wait...
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2009, 08:31:46 pm »

6? Doesn't that mean you'll wait... but never stop waiting? :o

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 28, 2009, 03:31:01 am »

Finding nemo. It was so obvious, even.
If it was so obvious, why didn't you get it when the challenge was first issued?  ;)

Ah, only obvious when you know the answer. Now one wonders 'how could I have been so stupid'.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 29, 2009, 04:13:10 pm »

(plz o plz Ceiling Cat, let me be on time)

With great aplomb, I push the big red button, and if it says "That was easy!" so help me I'll break it.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 42: When Squids Attack!
« Reply #380 on: May 30, 2009, 10:34:22 am »

Sorry about the delay, I had homework.

The funny looking cat (the squid) is useless to me, as it is mechanical. Not my specialty at all. I ignore it and attempt to move forward. I'm sure Vlynndar can entertain it with his dancing, anyway.
|You say to the mechanical squid; “You are not a cat!” Then you try to get moving. |You quickly accelerate up to a sprint and by the time you get all the way to 600m, you’re quite out of breath. |A few seconds after you arrive at 600m, a loud siren blares, and you cover your ears to avoid going deaf. After the siren stops after a minute, you look for why the siren went off, and you find a plastic box with a lid. You open the box to find |a smaller box with three vials in it; a vial with green liquid, a vial with orange liquid, and a vial with purple liquid. You figure that the vials could fit in your chemical gun, but you have no idea what they are.

I will greet the squid as an old buddy of mine, having met in a bar on Jaglan Beta. I jest about him apparently not having lost a leg in Jaglan Beta. Maybe we could team up, for old times sake, y'know?
If he seems to try and kill me however... RUN. The right way! Follow Serephe! Unless Serephe runs the wrong way!
You try to convince the squid that you’ve met him on a far away space station before. |The squid is angered by your transparent lie, and it prepares to attack you with full force!

Just keep rolin', and rollin' and rollin'
|You keep rolling your barrel along. You’re now at 590m.

With great aplomb, I push the big red button, and if it says "That was easy!" so help me I'll break it.
You press the red button. |You don’t hear “That was easy!”, but you do hear a ribbit behind you. You see a red mechanical frog jumping around.

Heal foot. Then run forward.
You try to heal up your broken foot. |You hooked up a system with your rope that will keep you from experiencing too much pain from the foot. It’s not very sturdy though. (Any time you use it, there’s a ½ chance of it breaking)

AHwell, wallrun forward.
|You just can't get a good start, so you just walk along the ground instead. You get to 620m.

i try once again to wake up *yawn*
You try to wake up once more. |You’re back in a state of light sleep again.

Waspswarm:At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). Simply Decimated(-1 to accuracy and damage and some other rolls).
The wasps try to lure the steel slime onto the pressure plate. |The wasps cause the steel slime to jump attack, and it jumps on the pressure plate perfectly. The door opens, and the waspswarm zooms through it. The steel slime jumps at them again, but it slams against the rapidly closing door. The wasps celebrate escaping such a dangerous situation.

Steel Slime: At 150m. Enemies get -1 to damage and critical against it.
Whatever the steel slime does from here on out is irrelevant, since he’s trapped behind the door, and he’s not smart enough to get out.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
It just keeps on going forward. | The earth bot gets to 520m.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 550m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
The sentry gun debates whether or not to attack serephe. |It decides not to this time.

Mechanical Squid: Gets 2 attacks per turn. Enemies get -1 to damage against it.
The mechanical squid attacks Vlynndar with a multi tentacle attack. |The squid hits Vlynndar in the chest, | but not very hard at all. The squid decides to not attack again this turn, it just watches Vlynndar carefully.

Medical Clinic Staff: In the medical clinic.
The staff attend to the other patients in the clinic. Aussie isn’t even being watched carefully any more.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

This time around, it's a team challenge! The teams are:
Team Alpha: Serephe, Vlynndar, Katsuun
Team Beta: Shoruke, Emperor, Siquo
Aussieguy gets to choose what team he's on. (But he must choose before the next turn is posted)
The challenge is to find any sort of reference to anything in the turns. The players on the team that points out the most references get 2 +1 bonuses to anything each.  Good luck searching!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 42: When Squids Attack!
« Reply #381 on: May 30, 2009, 11:22:38 am »

I KEEP ROLLING.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2009, 04:14:25 pm »

Hooray! I escaped the funny looking mechanical non-cat and found treasure. I'm obviously good at this.

I attempt to inject myself with purple.

I see no way this could end badly!

I have learned not to make turns while drinking slightly and taking pain medication.

If I'm able to change my turn, I pick up the red mechanical rat.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 05:48:49 pm by serephe »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2009, 06:11:19 pm »

Okay, RUN FORWARD

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2009, 09:28:20 pm »

I shall roll to see which team i'm in. 1-3 alpha, 4-6 beta. *rolls* 3!!! I'm in team alpha.

Danm it being in the medical clinic. I tell my wasps to get ready for me as I wake up and finally get out of this place!!!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 01, 2009, 04:08:15 am »

Wall-run forward!

References:
Jaglan Beta - Hitchhiker's guide

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 01, 2009, 05:52:51 am »

'Course. Turn 42 without any tHHGttG reference? Impossible. Well. Highly improbable.

RUN LIKE HELL. While shouting that "I'll see you around, old buddy! Gotta run!"

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 01, 2009, 06:59:21 pm »

References:
Jaglan Beta - Hitchhiker's guide
I suppose that's one point for team Beta, although I wasn't the one who wrote that, Vlynndar was.
The score is now:
Alpha: 0
Beta: 1
The challenge will run until the total number of points equals 10. I'll have to think up something special in the case of a tie.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 01, 2009, 11:56:06 pm »

The Steel Slime, I believe, is a Dragon Quest reference.

I'm going to... pick up the red rat and mouse. If I can get away with it, I'll also reprogram the frog.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2009, 02:43:31 am »

"The challenge is to find any sort of reference to anything in the turns. "
It was inside the turn-post :) (And isn't Jaglan Beta a moon, not a space station?)

And in that case another one seeped through:

Quote from:  Katsuun
Just keep rolin', and rollin' and rollin'
Rawhide Theme Song OR
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary OR
Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
:)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31