Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 44248 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 37: Yet more ungrievous injuries
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2009, 12:14:51 am »

WTF A RED TOY MOUSE BROKE MY FOOT AARGH AND I DO NOT GET TAKEN TO A CLINIC!

Heal my foot.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2009, 06:05:07 am »

I will set up my sentry gun in this area and attempt to upgrade somehow using the shield I just found. And I set the Sentry Gun NOT to fire at Shoruke.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2009, 01:55:42 pm »

Call the producer to get this stupid red-rodent-puzzle out of the way because it's frustrating and probably costing him viewers.

If successful, wall-run forward!

If failed, swing with the beamsword at the object on top of the wall to get it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 38: Bodily harm extravanganza!
« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20:07 am »

Disclaimer: Any errors in this turn are due to sleep deprivation, and not due to the ineptitude of the GM at all.

Just keep walking. Hopefully my turn is before Aussie's (he's probably not got a lot of good feelings towards me right now). I'll use my 1-time challenge bonuses for movement.
|You pay absolutely no atteintion to the 80’s bot trying to kill you, and you just keep walking forward. A mysterious force adds a spring to your step, and you go very fast indeed. You got to 530m.

I Focus all my mind energy on a blast of mind force into the stupid robot

Aussie has become enraged
|The pain isn’t so bad that you can’t carry on. You try to unleash a powerful mental kinetic blast at the killer earth bot. |Your attack is pretty weak, but it still packs a bit of a punch. |You somehow epic failed a aiming though, and a bolt flies off in a semi-random direction! |The 80’s bot is hit by the blast! |It’s hit right in the head! | | |The 80’s bot’s face is completely messed up, it’s sunglasses are broken, and only one of it’s eyes work anymore. You feel that the only reason it survived at all is because it’s just so cool.

I will set up my sentry gun in this area and attempt to upgrade somehow using the shield I just found. And I set the Sentry Gun NOT to fire at Shoruke.
You set the sentry gun upright, and then you try to attach the silver shield to it. |You can’t think of a good place to attach the shield to the sentry gun, so you keep it for yourself.

Heal my foot.
You try to heal up your broken foot somehow. |The sheer pain of it prevents you from being able to do anything.

Call the producer to get this stupid red-rodent-puzzle out of the way because it's frustrating and probably costing him viewers.

You call a producer of the show. (Somehow, you knew his number, and you got your headset to work). –Ring- -Ring- “Yes, hello, who is this? Oh Siquo you say? I’m a huge fan of yours, I hope you win, and I’m not just saying that because I’m the producer assigned to you. What’s that? You say you’re stumped by the puzzle at 600m? Well, I’m not really supposed to tell you this but…You noticed how when the red button was pressed, a creature appears? Well, if you kill those creatures off, a way to get over the wall will appear. The more you kill off, the longer the way to get over the wall will stick around for. I hope that answered your question. Bye!”
You decide to take the producers advice, and so you attack the annoying Killer Mech Rat as your first target. You run up to it, and give it a mighty slash with your beamsword! |The sword hits it right in the neck and | |The rat is now 60% decapitated! He’s gone into super insane mode too.

Killer Mech Rat: At 600m. In super insane mode(-1 accuracy, +2 damage, +1 critical), Attacks that connect with it’s head are instantly fatal.
The killer mech rat tries to attack Siquo! |He jumps and bits Siquo in the right arm!|Siquo shakes him off before he can get in a good mouthful though.

WaspSwarm: At 200m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
|The wasps try to figure out how to get past the steel door. |They somehow realize that the pressure plate controls the door. They still don’t know how they’re going to get through though. It’s not like they can just stand on the pressure plate then zip on through.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
The killer earth bot continues it’s merciless attack on Aussie. |Once again, Aussie is hit right in the chest by the rolling planet! | |Ouchies! Aussie is completely run over, and the killer earth bot’s sheer mass causes almost all of Aussies bones to break. The killer earth bot is shut down remotely again, and the medics drag the unconscious Aussie into the medical clinic. |The healing of all those bones is going to take a while, about 5 turns or so.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 500m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
The gun receives the orders that Shoruke is a friend.

80’s Bot: At 450m. Possesses a metal fro, rollerskates(+1 to movement rolls), a sun monocle(+1 to speaking in a german or british accent), and a combat yo-yo(+1 to critical). Most of his face is a huge dent. (-1 to accuracy)
|The 80’s bot tries to fix his broken sunglasses. |He didn’t manage to completely fix them, it’s just a sun monocle now.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

As I promised before, there will be two new players introduced into the game, on turn 40 specifically. I'll put up the two characters available after the next turn. No claiming spots now I'm afraid.

Anyways, related to that, there will of course need to be some new professions for the new characters to have, and coming up with a few is this turns challenge.
So the challenge is to post professions of any sort, really. Keep in mind that it's the year 2021. If you want, you could also include one positive and one negative skill that they could start with.
If I end up using the profession that you came up with, you get a +2 bonus to absolutely anything.

BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 38: Bodily harm extravanganza!
« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2009, 12:29:17 am »

I heal myself with my mind.

Profession: Space captain
+1 to all leadership rolls
-1 Mind powers
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:26:26 pm by AussieGuy »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:05 am »

Ignore the pain and help Siquo.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 07, 2009, 02:55:26 am »

If wall is still there, destroy toy mouse.

If wall opens, go through it, and wall-run forward!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 07, 2009, 03:49:32 am »

Two new players? Nice!
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 07, 2009, 06:22:19 am »

I will take the sentry gun from where it is and KEEP ROLLING.

Profession:Splicer

Equipment:DNA Syringe (+1 to rolls to alter self, -1 to atatck rolls)

Abilities:Alter Self (Attempt to give self temporary bonus on a type of roll)
Unstable DNA (+1 to all damage taken)

how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2009, 03:12:20 pm »

Guess I'm gonna just keep running forward, hoping like hell to reach that wall at 600m and help the others with it. If the globebot is still able to hear and react to my commands, I'll order it to beat the 80's bot up.

Profession: Military Guard.
(he used to be the guy who guarded the gate to a military base, but... yeah... stuff)

Super fit: All the army training has paid off, and he gets +1 to movement.
Brainwashed: The army's desensitization program has taken its toll and prevents people from thinking creatively, -1 to thinking/puzzle rolls.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 39: Two new challengers approach!
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2009, 07:33:42 pm »

Aussie got lucky this turn... Get your mind out of the gutter, I meant dice rolls wise.

I heal myself with my mind.
You try to heal yourself from within your dream. You focus your thoughts for this difficult attempt…|You mind is supercharged with potent mental energies! You try to heal your entire body using this energy! |From within your dream, you feel the energy healing your body. You feel like most of your body was healed, but not everything could be fixed, there was only so much energy to go around. You slip deeper into unconsciousness from the supreme mental effort.

I will take the sentry gun from where it is and KEEP ROLLING.
You try to just keep on rolling along. |You decide not to jump up on the barrel this time, you just roll it quickly along with you. You get to 550m in good time.

Guess I'm gonna just keep running forward, hoping like hell to reach that wall at 600m and help the others with it. If the globebot is still able to hear and react to my commands, I'll order it to beat the 80's bot up.

You order the killer globe bot to switch targets to the 80’s bot who railed on you previously. Then you just keep on going. |You walk a bit quickly up to 560m.

Ignore the pain and help Siquo.
|The pain emanating from your foot dulls a little bit. You try to attack the killer mech rat that attacked Siquo. |You hobble over to the rat, and attack with your pitchfork. You hit the rat right in the back right leg.| |Your powerful hit completely destroys the mech’s back end, and the rat crawls around a bit before it dies from the injury.

If wall is still there, destroy toy mouse.
You try to attack the red toy mouse who is rolling around. |As you draw your beamsword, it flies out of your hand! |It somehow turned itself on in midair, as it flew straight towards Emperor! |The blade catches Emperor in his right arm. | |Luckily, Emperor’s thick shirt withstands the nicking. Emperor glares at you.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm is carrying their broken nest.
|The wasps try to figure out how to operate the pressure plate so that they can get through the door. |The wasps come up with a brilliant idea: put the broken nest on the pressure plate! | They fly back to the nest, then pick it up. |The wasps easily pick it up when they work together. Every one of the wasps are concentrating on carrying the nest.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
The killer earth bot hears Shoruke’s orders, so he attacks the unsuspecting 80’s bot. |He hits the bot straight on like a freight train but |the 80’s bot is only thrown forward. The 80’s bot gets up, dusts himself off, and prepares for robocide.

80’s Bot: At 450m. Possesses a metal fro, rollerskates(+1 to movement rolls), a sun monocle(+1 to speaking in a german or british accent), and a combat yo-yo(+1 to critical). Most of his face is a huge dent. (-1 to accuracy) Caught it yo-you string(must roll to escape).
Super ninja yo-yo attack go now! |The 80’s bot can hardly see, so he just gets the yo-yo wrapped up on himself. He struggles to get free from the super silk fibre string.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 550m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
Shoruke is in range, but the sentry gun of course doesn’t attack him.

***: The something on top of the wall rotates 90 degrees, and reveals itself to be a ladder. The ladder falls down on a hinge to the base of the wall. |The ladder is falling straight towards the large mechanical rat!  |The rat barely dodges out of the way. The ladder can be used to get over the wall.

Medical Clinic Staff: In the medical clinic.
A nurse notices that the sleeping Aussie somehow looks much better, so the doctor takes another look at him. A few tests reveal the over 80% of the broken bones and injuries that Aussie had healed themselves, and that no serious operation is needed any longer. The new estimate for the release of Aussie is two turns.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

I'm going to have to post the new player profiles in a little bit. Although there's only two player slots open, there will be more than 2 characters to choose from.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 39: Two new challengers approach!
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2009, 07:51:33 pm »

Alright, signups begin at exactly 11:17(forum time of course)

Now...it's spoilered info time again!

Spoiler: Balancing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Available Characters (click to show/hide)

I guess Shoruke, Aussie and Katsuun win the +2 bonus to anything bonus. However, since I'm in such a good mood, anybody other than them would clucks like a chicken gets a +1 bonus to anything. This includes anyone who signs up.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:17:02 pm by R1ck »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2009, 09:36:46 pm »

Disregarding the incoming stats for the new people, I'm going to steal Siquo's treasure bonus and keep walking forward. I'll just leave the globebot to deal with the 80's bot.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2009, 12:06:34 am »

CLIMB UP THE LADDER GO GO, KEEP GOING FORWARD!

and wtf siquo, you bitch

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2009, 03:24:11 am »

I have no idea when 11:17 forum time is, but if you consider this to be posted at 11:18, that would be nice.

Of course, if I get to pick a character, I'm going to be an astronaut! What little boy wouldn't want that?

Also, bok bok bok cluck?
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31