Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 44261 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 34: Injuries come out of the woodwork
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2009, 08:51:18 pm »

Grab red toy mouse and examine it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2009, 09:48:17 pm »

While in the clinic, I look around for some spare metal plating to make myself extra armor out of. I'll just let the globe bot keep hounding Aussie.

Bonus: I'm going to interpret Super Smash Bros (series) as good enough to fulfill the challenge parameters. I managed it in precisely six links.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2009, 10:43:28 pm »

okay this time i figure out (with my mind) what the yellow orb does

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2009, 10:59:03 pm »

While in the clinic, I look around for some spare metal plating to make myself extra armor out of. I'll just let the globe bot keep hounding Aussie.

Bonus: I'm going to interpret Super Smash Bros (series) as good enough to fulfill the challenge parameters. I managed it in precisely six links.
Hmmm...I guess I'll accept that if nobody else posts a path. I managed to get to the game page itself in only 5 links though...
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2009, 11:03:47 pm »

Hmmm...I guess I'll accept that if nobody else posts a path. I managed to get to the game page itself in only 5 links though...

Yeah well I happen to know that you use Wikipedia.org more than I do, you've had more practice.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2009, 02:58:09 am »

Wake up using +1 bonus. Slash emperor with beam-sword!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2009, 03:08:50 am »

Why must you be so violent? I mean really.

Change turn to:

Stab at Siquo with pitchfork.

Repeatedly.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 35: Drugs and head voices
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2009, 10:36:05 am »

Yo, it's a turn!

KEEP ROLLIN'
You continue to roll the sentry gun. |Suddenly, you get the idea that it would go faster if you ran on top of the barrel. You jump up on it, and start running. You make good time with such a method, and you soon arrive at 400m. You feel more experienced at barrel running.

okay this time i figure out (with my mind) what the yellow orb does
You open up the thermos, and focus intently on the yellow orb inside. |A odd voice pops into your head. It says; “Turn four…Turn four…Therein lies the answer…”. You wonder what the heck turn 4 is.

Wake up using +1 bonus. Slash emperor with beam-sword!
You try to wake up from your injury induced dream. |You wake up and jump to your feet. On second thought, you shouldn’t have jumped up, now you feel even more woozy. You still take out your beamsword and try to attack Emperor though. |Your concussed and woozy state cause you to miss Emperor by a bit. You feel less woozy now though.

Stab at Siquo with pitchfork.

Repeatedly.
You try to stab at Siquo, despite your blindness and deafness. |You don’t quite manage to find him because of your blindess and deafness. Both those conditions start clearing up rapidly though.

You try to look around for some spare metal plating. |What were you thinking, why would a clinic keep metal plates around? You don’t find anything useful.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
The wasps go full out crazy on the mini assault robot! |They swarm around his head, and they start to sting! The mini bot doesn’t manage to get them away, and about 5 of them sting at once. | |The mini bots head is smashed into pieces, and small chunks hit the attacking wasps. |None of them are injured though. The wasps celebrate their victory by throwing a victory parade.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
The killer earth bot roll attacks Aussie! |It just barely catches Aussies arm but |Ausssie only gets a few bruises.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 360m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
The sentry gun watches the 80’s bot carefully…

80’s Bot: At 400m. Possesses a metal fro, Sunglasses(+1 to coolness rolls), rollerskates(+1 to movement rolls), and a combat yo-yo(gets +1 to critical). It also has an innate coolness about it which can protect it from serious injuries.
The 80’s bot ponders whether or not to attack Katsuun. |He decides not too, and chooses to |rollerskate forward. |Katsuun sees him rollerskating off down the hallway.

---: |Just after the 80’s bot goes through it, the puzzle door closes! The puzzle has been reset once again.

Medical Staff: The staff give Shoruke the necessary drugs. |Well, actually they gave him highly experimental drugs. |Shoruke’s head injury was healed up fine, but he also feels like he drank 5 cups of coffee.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Katsuun wins the challenge, I guess. Now choose what you want the experience points to go to.
I'll put up the path I came up with myself a bit later.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 35: Drugs and head voices
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2009, 10:55:37 am »

GAH! Well I guess I'm going to solve the puzzle door again and head through it.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2009, 06:23:25 pm »

I coomand the wasps to come to me and tell them well done

I attack the robot with my mind!!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2009, 07:56:33 pm »

Wow, only two people have posted actions so far? I had hoped to get two turns in today since I posted the turn so early in the morning(well, early for me).

Anyways, probably nobody cares, but here's the path I came up with for the challenge:
Game
Video Game Console
N64
PlayersChoice
Super Smash Bros.

The reason I set super smash bros as the endpoint is because that's where the title of this RTD comes from.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02:41 pm »

The whole game makes sense now. It's a two-dimensional pathway, just like SSB. Missing means the blow fell just short or passed over the target's head, and the most effective way to avoid being hit is by rolling around on the floor.

WAIT A SEC! WALL-RUNNING?!?

My new-found perception of this thread's universe has been shattered.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 04, 2009, 12:02:39 am »

Wall running = lying down with your feet on the wall and running. Somehow this works in this crazy universe.

Anyway, turn:

If Siquo attacks me: Attack Siquo with pitchfork. Repeatedly.

If Siquo does not attack me: Try to find a way to get past the steel wall.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2009, 02:55:12 am »

OK, ok, we'll work together.

Push red button AGAIN! There must be something to it...

Also, emperor gets -1 to acc from pitchfork and -1 to acc from my briefcase. Just in case, next time we fight. Which is likely.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31