Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 44372 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 27: Headbutt attack, and melting dimensions
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2009, 12:25:47 pm »

If the clinic has awesomely-cool rib-healing technology... why don't they get any bonuses to healing my ribs...  :'(

EDIT: 'Kay that's better. Since I'm still conscious now, I'm going to... uh... (Geez. What to do.) Read a magazine on fixing killer robots. Every clinic has magazines.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:36:35 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2009, 12:32:36 pm »

Fine, I gave them a +1 bonus and altered the turn a bit.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2009, 01:52:14 pm »

Bangles was wrong? I thought of the mini-croc-dreaming-sequence.

Okay, puzzlewall is out of the way, Get Wall-Running!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2009, 03:06:21 pm »

I sing in an attempt to put Aussie to sleep so that the zombie bot can tear him apart.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2009, 06:09:03 pm »

You said I was running when I said fly/charge?

I (with my mind) try to get control of the zombie robot

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2009, 07:05:19 pm »

Bangles was wrong? I thought of the mini-croc-dreaming-sequence.
You are correct that the correct sentence is in the mini-crocs turn. You probably just don't have the correct part of it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 26, 2009, 02:02:31 am »

Ahh, "The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog.... :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 26, 2009, 09:28:28 am »

Yes, that's correct, Siquo! Next time you're away you won't be a crazy puppet to some other player.

I wonder if Emperor's on vacation or something, and that's why he's not posting actions. Anyways, I'm not going to open the floor up quite yet, I'll give him a bit more time.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2009, 09:35:26 pm »

I've been left without internet.

All further turns are run forward. I don't care if something is in the way, run!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 28: Wherein a monster is created
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2009, 11:36:32 pm »

I find it truly unfortunate that Emperor cannot continue to play. Naturally, his wishes will be upheld...until somebody else claims the character that is. That's right, there's now an open slot. Of course, none of the people already playing can claim it.
Nevermind about that then, I misunderstood. 

I sing in an attempt to put Aussie to sleep so that the zombie bot can tear him apart.
|You sing a lullaby and play your guitar. You played pretty well, but the song didn’t carry up into the room Aussie is in.

I (with my mind) try to get control of the zombie robot
| |You infiltrate the zombie bot’s mind with your mental powers, and he becomes friendly towards you. There will be a control roll each turn, but you will gain +1 to it, since the zombie bot is pretty mindless in the first place.

Okay, puzzlewall is out of the way, Get Wall-Running!
|You start wallrunning again, but you somehow manage to run straight into the small part of the door that didn’t retract upwards fully. |You pull off some fancy gymnastics, and you manage to jump down and land safely, and you even add in some crazy flips, somersaults, and handstands when you land. When you’re finished with all of it, you discover that you got to 410m.

I've been left without internet.

All further turns are run forward. I don't care if something is in the way, run!
Lacking anything better to do, you run forwards. |You quickly regain the distance you lost by going backwards, then you watch Siquo’s fancy moves, and after a bit more walking you get to 440m.

EDIT: 'Kay that's better. Since I'm still conscious now, I'm going to... uh... (Geez. What to do.) Read a magazine on fixing killer robots. Every clinic has magazines.
|You look for a magazine on killer robots in the operating room using your flashlight(-1 power), but all you found was a gardening magazine from 1988. You are amazed by pictures of minuscule vegetables, and mystified by stories of people planting plants by hand. The power snaps back on again, so you return to the operating bed.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
|The wasps continue on their journey back to the destroyed nest. |The wasps got there is record time, and when they got there they found…|A miniature assault robot sitting on the ruined nest. The assault robot opens it’s eyes when the wasps draw near, and it regards them coolly. 

Mini Assault Robot: At 150m, sitting on the ruined nest. Gets +1 accuracy.
|The robot asks the wasps if the nest he is sitting on is theirs, and they tell him that it is. Nothing else is said, or done, by either of the parties involved.

Robotic Zombie: In a small room above 270m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks. A slave of Aussie.
|The zombie bot decides that living under Aussie’s rule wouldn’t be so bad, and he becomes an unquestioning slave of Aussie. |The zombie bot lets go of Aussie, but doesn’t think about helping him to get unstuck from the wall.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as a extremely smashed face.
The half sunk, shattered visage lies still.

---:|Siquo hears a loud sound behind him and he finds that the puzzle door has closed itself. He also notes that the ticking sound is gone.

Clinic Staff: In the clinic.
The staff try to perform the surgery again using the machines. |In the middle of the operation, the machines suddenly start beeping erratically, and a dramatic smoke issues out of most of them. Shoruke’s body is obscured, and the staff doesn’t see what happened until all the smoke emitting machines have been unplugged. They see that Shoruke’s ribs have fully healed, but they also see that |all of Shoruke’s stuff that was lying near the bed was incorporated in Shoruke’s body somehow.(See your status for the full explanation) The staff wake up Shoruke, and he says he feels fine. They decide that discharging him at the beginning of next turn is still perfectly okay. 

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Challenge time! This time around, only those players who have 2 bonuses or less can go for it. So:
What famous play did the title of turn 26 reference?
The first person to post the answer will get a bonus of +1 to a roll to convince someone of something. Answering this challenge would be a great way for whoever takes Emperor to start the game off.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:36:47 pm by R1ck »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 28: Wherein a monster is created
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2009, 11:38:32 pm »

WHAT IM STILL PLAYING

It's just all turns until further notice are run forward :P

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2009, 11:41:37 pm »

Uh, I see. Edited.  It seems like an awful waste of an player slot though...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2009, 11:42:44 pm »

Well too bad, you should have made someone claim me earlier :P

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2009, 11:50:28 pm »

Disregarding Emperor's character crisis, I'm going to run (forward) like crazy the moment I get back into the race.

...Where the hell do I get discharged to anyway?

EDIT: NO I'M NOT I'M GOING TO RUN I'M GOING TO FIX THAT ROBOT
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:55:19 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2009, 02:43:52 am »

Run forward, kill Emperor with beamsword, free up playerslot.

FIXED!  ;D

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31