Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dragonslayers Inn(LSD)  (Read 4799 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonslayers Inn(LSD)
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 05:25:38 pm »

(Short_dwarf's version)

Summer of 112

Om Egaadis, Buisnessman
Diary Entry 16 Hematite 112:

We had a close call just recently. Just three days ago we heard the sounds of war horns. A sqaud of Orcs, both bare hand and axes, came were seen coming in below the cliff. Right away the orcs ran straight towards the alligator and torn it to shreds. I thought we were next but then the orcs rushed towards Sulsar. While the others who were watching were screaming that they were next, the adventurers were in cold sweat, the Optimists weren't no optimistic anymore. The Romantics somehow were still confident... the drunks on the other hand were still drunk. I watched as the orcs drew closer towards Sulsar.

Sulsar Vs. Orcs

I smiled internally. That's my Sulsar.

Diary Entry 02 Malachite 112:

More immigrants came, strangely all of them were female. Probably unemployed people hoping for jobs here. You never know. An adventurer might want to have a little chat with some fine company before going off to kill themselves.

Diary Entry 15 Malachite 112:

A Peasant went beserk today. Out of nowhere she just snapped and started attacking people.

She wasn't a very smart cookie.

Diary Entry 20 Malachite 112:

Those Macaies again.... the Optismists and drunks decided handle it again. This time without a drunk falling into a pond. Though many of them tired out.

Diary Entry 02 Galena 112:

Those silly Romantics, after seeing those orcs die to Sulsar they believe that they are even stronger than orcs. Foolish, but what do I care, they are finally ready to die before Sulsars magnificant flames. They are making last minute preperations. They plan to leave as soon as Autumn arrives.

Diary Entry 13 Galena 112:

This is the first entry I have made in my brand new home. It's even bigger than the one I use to have. and more occupied to now that the lovely Laro has moved in with me.

Basement --------------Ground Floor ------Second Floor

Diary Entry 28 Galena 112:

Summer is coming to a close. I'v begun to take count of our stocks. We're also preparing for the departure of the Romantics. We will see if Autumn brings more propser to me and my lovely Laro.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:18:34 pm by short_dwarf »
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 05:58:27 pm »

Wow you're doing well. The traders had just arrived so my depot "airlock" was open.. I'd let some dragonslayers wrestle for as long as it took me to make them kitten bone helmets... and so I had about 12 elite wrestlers and 1 or two new champions. I sent them to the door just as the orcs rushed in ...

Holy damn. All that's left is one champion with a mangled right arm locked in his room and the orcs are in the biergarten chanting war tunes.

I'm debating whether to abandon and reclaim, or see how long this guy lives, or just tuck my tail between my legs.  D=

(very fun)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 06:03:55 pm »

lol yea I got lucky that the orcs decided Sulsar was a better target ^_^

just wish that baby snatcher didnt pop up though, kinda messed up the movie a little :(
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 07:05:22 pm »

I attempted to reclaim, and for some reason we embarked RIGHT ON TOP of the cave entrance, where the dragon had moved. The orcs suffered from the 'hostile civ where you embark turn friendly" bug, but they were the least of the worries.

Right now all but 3 are dead or on fire. The two walking non-burnies just elected the stumpy non-burny mayor. One keeps trying to have a meeting with him, but he falls unconscious.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2009, 09:09:52 pm »

hmmm I have 3 choices right now, I can save scum cause I had so conviently saved before what just happened, I can just end it, or I can reclaim.

3 sqauds of Orcs have just ravaged the town :o

Nevermind i'v decided to end it, whether or not I reclaim afterwords. who knows ^_^
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:14:55 pm by short_dwarf »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 10:00:22 pm »

Not to bash any posts, but, what is with the constant use of 'romantics' for adventurers. It makes a good replacement now and then to throw in some noun variety, but you don't need to use it every 5 damn words.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 10:12:52 pm »

(Short_dwarf's version)

Fall/Winter of 112

Om Egaadis, Buisnessman
Diary Entry 01 Limestone 112:

The Romantics have finally left. They have gone to get burned alive by Sulsar. Ah watching as they experienced a slow death of burning or a quick death of being eaten, either way it was enjoying. Heh it seems the drunks had followed them thinking they would be successful. More food for Sulsar.

Romantics & Drunks vs Dragon

Diary Entry 11 Sandstone 112:

I'v decided to draft the useless workers into a militia. At least then we will have some kind of defence against orc raids when the foolish adventurers and romantics are no longer around.

Diary Entry 11 Moonstone 112:

I can't believe it....They're all dead.... everyone was outside and.... the orcs came out of nowhere.... oh god the screaming.... Laro and I had barred the doors but.... oh god... Laro.... h-h-h-ow....how could I... how could I have killed her... I was so mad at what was happening...but still... oh god...

Diary Entry 19 Moonstone 112:

Theres no food...or water.... the screaming... it stopped but... they're all dead.... they're still out there.... i'v tried building a bridge from my home to the inn but... its to tiring... and they will see me... they're gonna come for me to.... oh god... Laro....

23 Moonstone 112:

Om Egaadis, Buisnessman

"Oh god... oh god... they're all dead... all of them.. Laro is dead.. oh god Laro.." I looked at my hands barely noticing that they were covered in blood and viollantly shaking"oh god Laro... I'm going to die to... they're still out there. I can hear them laughing. Laughing as they pillaged.... Laughing as they killed.... I can't reach the Inn.... wouldn't matter anyways... heard screams from there earliar.... I know.. I know..." I laugh silently,"I'll sneak over the wall...yea thats it... i'll just build a short bridge its not far ... yes..." I quickly take down the wall between my house and the house close to mine. I layed down the wood to make a makeshift bridge, almost dropping the wood as my hands were shaking so violantly. As I crossed over the birdge, my foot slipped and I fell down to the ground outside my house. I jumped onto my feet and looked around. There was no one there. Smiling I ran for the nearby stairs. I got half way before I suddenly stopped after jolting foward about a foot. I was so surprised that all I could do was blink and open my mouth. As I looked down to wonder why my feet stopped moving, I saw the end of a spear jutting out from the base of my rib cage. I didn't feel anything. The spear's tip suddenlt disapeared as it was pulled out through my back. The blood was gushing down my stomach. I fell to my knees. I felt no pain. It seemed like all the sound in the world had been silenced. I could no longer taste the salt of my tears or the roof of my mouth. The stench of death was gone as if swept away by a great gale. My sight left me soon after. Soon, everything went dark.

Om Egaadis has bled to death.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:18:56 pm by short_dwarf »

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2009, 10:16:51 pm »

Not to bash any posts, but, what is with the constant use of 'romantics' for adventurers. It makes a good replacement now and then to throw in some noun variety, but you don't need to use it every 5 damn words.

Sorry if I didn't clear that up enough :(
I didn't use the word Romantics and a replacement for Adventurers. They were literally what the group of people were called. I had Drunks, Optimists, Romantics, and Adventurers. The groups weren't the same but had different views of why they should slay the dragon and how confident they were. In a way its like calling instead of just calling a writer a writer, I would call them a horror writer, fiction writer, or a romance writer. They're all writers but what they write and how they write will be different. Hope that clears up a bit why I wrote using those terms :)

P.S. BTW on my previous post for the story, just about everything in there really happened.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:22:09 pm by short_dwarf »

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2009, 11:55:25 pm »

Gonna take a swing at this when I have some time.  Might debuff orcs slightly/buff the dragon a little more or something, though.  ;)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 12:05:51 am »

Gonna add that I can't reclaim. I tried reclaim already and the dragon was gone :(

but I did find Om Egaadis's corpse. Right where he died. and a bunch of friendly orcs.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 12:07:55 am »

I find this thread to be extremely awesome.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 12:14:02 am »

hope you guys wouldnt mind if I tried again from the beginning? Not now at least, want to take a slight break and test out some mods I'm trying to make ^_^

they probably failed though :(

Theoclymenus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 10:22:27 am »

This sounds like a good idea, I might give the save a try at some point. It is a little unlikely I would post anything more than a summary of experiences, but we shall see how it goes.

One thing bothers me though. Why the orc mod? If the aim of this challenge is to make a human town based around sending people off to their doom against a dragon, why make it very likely your little settlement is going to be wiped off the face of the earth by orcs? Just seems a little against the challenge, that is all...

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 12:19:59 pm »

I think he had that mod already in place before he came up with this challenge. But then again, i'm not Toady Two ^_^

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 01:31:55 pm »

I always play with that mod. ;) Sorry if it bothers people but I like that sort of thing. I might make a patched version of the upload without Orcs but obviously the site will be different then. If you really want no orcs then just remove invaders n the init files. If you love goblins however then... well sorry. I really like the versions you people are posting. I'll be continuing mine in the weekend.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 01:33:49 pm by Toady Two »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4