Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dragonslayers Inn(LSD)  (Read 4796 times)

Theoclymenus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonslayers Inn(LSD)
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 04:34:53 pm »

Ah, don't worry about it. I wasn't complaining  ;D Just a little concerned my little wooden town will be swept off the map before anything interesting happens.
This makes me want to come up with my own idea for a LSD.

Angellus

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 05:24:30 pm »

I've moved my own from the GD to here now :), also I'll be making more as soon as my modding skills have arosen ^^

Great map, I'll be playing this one before anything happens, be sure to try and remake in the newest version, would love to treat the charred leftovers of the adventurers ^^

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 09:41:57 am »

We had a close call just recently. Just three days ago we heard the sounds of war horns. A sqaud of Orcs, both bare hand and axes, came were seen coming in below the cliff. Right away the orcs ran straight towards the alligator and torn it to shreds. I thought we were next but then the orcs rushed towards Sulsar. While the others who were watching were screaming that they were next, the adventurers were in cold sweat, the Optimists weren't no optimistic anymore. The Romantics somehow were still confident... the drunks on the other hand were still drunk. I watched as the orcs drew closer towards Sulsar.

Sulsar Vs. Orcs

I smiled internally. That's my Sulsar.
Wonderful, I'm glad my worries were unfounded.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 10:14:33 am »

Earlier posts in this continuum:
Spring/Summer 111

Autumn/Winter 111

Spring 112:

"Yes, we are here for a year now and with all thats been going on I can't believe that that dim-witten dragon isn't on to us yet. Either we are very lucky or the way its sits in its canyon makes it face us with its right eye."

"In my brilliance I have devised a plan to make those grumpy villagers drink water from the murky pools they so normally detest. With a clever set of tunnels I ordered the non-too-bright miners to dig and a few channels and wallah! We now have a well in town and everyone is happy about drinking freshly from an underground reservoir where in reality they are drinking their own soil-filtered piss. Me and Alle will be sticking with rainwater."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The smith has finished forging longswords and chainmail set for the first three adventurers while the rest of them brawled unarmed in some newly constructed sparring area. The armed bunch grew so exited that they announced they would be leaving to fight the dragon tomorrow. I though it would be the last i would see of those fools but then I came up with a clever ruse."

"I told them that before fighting the dragon they could first use some warm up. I pointed them towards the cave infested by a flock of batmen. Alle utterly hates those thing and is afraid to go outside since an incident last year so I though some extermination was at hand. The misfits didn't quite understand my chain of though so I quickly put it to them in simpler words:"

Kill  the  Bat-man.

"Things went astoundingly well. Those dumb creatures(the batmen not adventurers) were caught off guard. The longsword cutting swathe in them and making the corpses fly of quite a distance."

"The final two monsters were cornered in their cave and also put to the sword. The ecstatic adventurers celebrated with cheering. Covered with batman blood they returned to the settlements."

"Impressive, I thought, and these brawlers didn't even dabble in sword fighting before. I must think of a way to keep them around longer and cull their suicidal tendencies and they may even prove to be useful. I would likely have a few more days to think after the drunken celebration the adventurers pulled off. By the time they get sober I will have come up with a plan."

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 01:29:50 pm »

Arghh. I was looking forward to this, but when I open the file, some sort of music program comes up. I've tried moving it to a compressed zip folder and a couple of other things, but I'm all outta ideas. Anyone know what's wrong? And where do I need to install it, anyways? Thanks! :P
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 02:35:26 pm »

I'll start on this, probabaly will write a small storyline as well if I dont blow up by the first year.

EDIT:Are you allowed to rename the inital seven dwarves?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 02:47:51 pm by Katsuun »
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 02:46:01 pm »

Arghh. I was looking forward to this, but when I open the file, some sort of music program comes up. I've tried moving it to a compressed zip folder and a couple of other things, but I'm all outta ideas. Anyone know what's wrong? And where do I need to install it, anyways? Thanks! :P

I don't know why you have this problem. Just unzip the folder in winrar and run the Dwarffortress.exe within.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 12:02:54 pm »

Oh.

I don't have Winrar. ;D Downloading... Now.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 12:26:25 pm »

If you mind paying for winrar, then 7-zip is a free alternative to open up rar files.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 06:14:26 pm »

Winrar is free, so long as you can ignore the 'you're outside the evaluation period' messages.  They don't do anything.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 06:16:33 am »

I just realized were palying humans after I traded most of my food for booze...  :-\

Sans context.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 01:18:00 pm »

Ahahaha. Hahaha. Haha. Ha.

Ha.

That sucks. :P

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2009, 06:04:42 am »

I'll just work it into my sotry somehow.

Sans context.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2009, 04:17:06 pm »

I think it'd be a shame to let this thing die, so I've finally gotten around to downloading winRAR and the save. I'll probably write a bit of a story to go along with it.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2009, 08:34:42 am »

Finally got around to writin' up some of the story. I'm pretty sure it'll come to a bloody end when winter arrives, what with the orcs and all. Oh well.

-------------------------------------------------

Part 1: Ze beginning

Grimes’ journal, 1st Granite, early spring, Year 1

And so, after many months of hardship and non-stop marching, my six companions and I have finally arrived at the site of the legendary dragon, One Sulostrasa Slusa Etog, or, as I’ve come to call him, One Eye. OK, maybe I exhaggerated the "months" part. A list of my partners, for future use (old age memory, y'know?):

Rubak Lubbezif, lumberjack
Tamun Adulticu, lumberjack
Domi Begustruslot, our specialized builder
Alle Tirinlasiv, the infamous innkeeper
Daslut Kamdepin, farmer
Aspa Acalemoth, smith

“Why, Grimes,” you may ask, “what in Armok’s fluffy, blood soaked beard happened that inspired you to go near a dragon’s lair!?”

Nothing happened, my foolish friend. I am a man of opportunity, and when this particular opportunity arose, I grabbed it by the balls. The king has begun a competition for adventurers all across the lands to slay One Eye. The prize? The hand of the king’s beautiful daughter. But where will they stay the night before they set out on their quest? In the nearby cave? Nonsense! They will stay in an inn of the finest quality, where they can rest their tired bones before confronting the fearsome One Eye. An inn, yes. But not just any inn… The DRAGONSLAYERS inn! ¤¤¤, here I come!

Grimes’ journal, 12th Granite

I have ordered my colleagues to begin the construction of the inn. Two are building, and one is cutting down trees to supply them with wood. I have also told Alle, the innkeeper, to begin gathering plants. They don’t really seem too pleased that I’m acting like the one in charge, saying that this is a joint venture.

I tell them where they can shove their “joint venture”. Pshh! Some people have a nerve.

Grimes’ journal, 13th Slate, mid spring

Today, we all fell asleep on the dirt within the space of a few moments. I still haven’t removed the stains from my coat! Later, we set up a trade depot and began making some booze using some seeds we have lying around the farm plots. I look forward to a nice, warm, refreshing mug of…

Sewer brew… Fuck.

Grimes’ journal, 3rd Felsite, late spring

One of our “skilled” carpenters nailed his foot to the floor today, and as he was trying to pull himself free, his assistant walled him off from the rest of the world with a well placed wall. Although it was hilarious listening to the man scream, I’ve ordered that the wall be removed. The inn won’t build itself, y’know.

Grimes’ journal, 1st Hematite, early summer

Once again, we all slept in the dirt. And, once again, I spent days cleaning out the stains. Clearly, there will be few comforts while the inn is being built. Speaking of which, the second floor has been built. We will use this as a dormitory of sorts. My office will be on the floor above it. Oh, even thinking about a comfy office all to myself makes me drool. It will certainly be better than sleeping in the mud with all of my sweaty, shit talking companions.

Grimes’ journal, 14th Hematite

A caravan has finally arrived! They are cutting a group of rhesus macaques to pieces as I speak, which were probably on their way to steal some of the… Valuable… Artefacts… From our site. Ahem.
Oh lord… No! You fools! Keep away from the dragon! Why am I writing this down on paper instead of shouting it out loud!?

Two of the goods hauling merchants were burned alive in One Eye’s dragon fire, along with their mules. This is bad news indeed. Normally, I’d just be glad about getting free stuff out of the remains, but the deaths scared off the big, awesome-filled caravans. Curse you, One Eye! Curse you and your big, moneymaking ass! To hell!

Grimes’ journal, 1st Malachite, mid summer

Ahhh. There was a bit of a hiccup on the trading front, today. The trade liaison was not deterred by the fearsome dragon, and decided to come over to discuss our state of affairs over a nice, slime covered mug of sewer brew. Ugh. Anywho, halfway through, I had to go for a whiz. When I came back, he was gone! The cheek! This is an outrage! An outrage, I say! He’d left a note saying that it was not healthy to break the ties between our little outpost – outpost, not inn! – and the mighty human empire. Or something along those lines.

That bastard…

Grimes’ journal, 4th Malachite

Remind me never to piss off Alle. Her years of inn keeping have obviously left her with a taste for blood. That’s right, blood! Today, one of our neighbours (a batman) came over from the nearby cave. I don’t really know what it was doing, but it was flapping its wings a lot and screeching, too. Alle promptly pounded him into a fine paste on the ground, turned her back and muttered:

“Don’t piss me off.”

As previously mentioned, I’m inclined to agree with this statement.
She’s warned the rest of us to keep a look out for more.
What a badass!

Grimes’ journal, 3rd Galena, late summer

Customers!

Five adventurers, and three drunken layabouts looking for a drink. Two of these tried to cover up their uselessness by pretending to have experience in gem cutting and setting. Well, I hope they like sewer brew!

Adventurer’s diary, 3rd Galena

The time has come for greatness! After months of training (which consisted of going to the bar every day for a huge barrel of booze), showing off my bulging biceps to everyone in town and just generally being useless, I set out to find the “Dragonslayers inn”, and from there the fearsome fluffy wambler “One Eye”. Why the king wants such an innocent animal put down is beyond me, but hey! Free hot princess for the guy who does it! I don’t know how I’m going to go about actually DOING it, but maybe it will, like, just feep itself to death or something. I really, really hate blood.

Grimes’ journal, 4th Galena

Apparently, the king has taken this as an opportunity to get rid of the sissies in his cities, as well as the romantics, making One Eye out to be a harmless fluffy wambler who is so sick it can’t even feep anymore. It needs to be taken out of its misery, he says. I like his style. More business for me! After getting the wannabe heroes to pay rent for the next several years, I pointed them in the general direction of the bat cave. In preparation, I said. The pansies objected fiercely, but my reasoning brought them to see things from my point of view. And by reasoning, I mean “Getting Alle and the mighty woodcutter to pull up their sleeves”. To my surprise, they killed all of the batmen without any hassle. At least it’s another threat out of the way.

Grimes’ journal, 14th Galena

They’re all dead... The trees, I mean. That's sure to get under the skin of those fat fucks of elves. The woodcutter has killed hundreds of trees now, by my reckoning. His skill has grown so much that it only takes him about two seconds to chop down even one! What a guy. What a man. What a hero! Yes, things are starting to look up for this inn.

Oh, yeah! Nearly forgot. The adventurers were all mercilessly slaughtered by the dragon.

Grimes’ journal, 18th Galena

A cat has adopted me. Gotta say, I’ve never been much of a cat man myself. Maybe I’ll just butc-

Grimes cancels write: interrupted by cat mind control

------------------------------------------------

Yes, I'm allergic to screenshots :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:43:25 am by gumball135 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]