Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dragonslayers Inn(LSD)  (Read 4798 times)

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonslayers Inn(LSD)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 07:52:27 pm »

I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 08:00:25 pm »

Supposedly this thread is suppose to have a couple of others

Short_dwarf mandates story tellers.
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 08:15:52 pm »

Ooh, this looks enticing. I'm making a human fort atm, but it's boringly peaceful. Also I've never tried out the Orc mod!

When I download the dffd link what am I getting? Do I have to apply the orc mod/anything else to get it to work?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:17:56 pm by Chromie »

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 08:21:09 pm »

The orc mod will leave you with so much metal armor that having 3 full time furnace operators using magma smelters wont be able to keep up by the 2~3 siege. ^_^

Also unless your dwarves are near legendary, melee = bad idea ^_^
i'v even had it where the orcs would run over 10 layers of traps and still make it inside my fortress. :o

wow just had an immigration wave of 20. 15 were female. O.o 1 male was married
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:36:04 pm by short_dwarf »
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 04:05:24 am »

This is an interesting idea, I'll be starting at it tonight. One concern though, wont the Orcs come and attack the Dragon?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 06:48:26 am »

This is an interesting idea, I'll be starting at it tonight. One concern though, wont the Orcs come and attack the Dragon?

Before orcs come [DAMBLOCK:500], do it.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 09:17:32 am »

doesnt the dragon count as a wild animal? Cause I don't think siegers attack wild animals. But then again this is me taking my examples from the zombie mod  ::)

P.S. Had to save so that last immigrant wave never happened
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 09:26:44 am by short_dwarf »

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 09:41:55 am »

OOC: I have yet to have Orcs. I will have to see if they will be hostile towards him. This Dragon already has size: 30 and damblock 10 so I don't think some Orcs will be much of a concern. Unless they come along with regional leader snipers in that case ... It would be a humorous ending to the story if an Orc ended up trying to claim the prize. :P

An update to my version:

Ealier posts: Spring and Summer 111

Autumn 111 - My soft spot

"Autumn was very eventful. Asides from working our arses off. Remember that that sobbing craftslady that couldn't get over the loss of her mule that came with the last immigrant wave. Yeah, the stupid immigrant wave, that mostly got incinerated by the dragon. The girl came to me and started yelling at me as if it was my bloody fault. I tried using my people skills to calm her down with some reasonable arguments about how mules are sterile and don't really enjoy living that much. She calmed down for a moment staying in the Inn so I left to do some work."

"Next thing I know the girl went berserk, picked up a broken bottle and gutted out the miner who was just sitting there minding his own business. I drafted the lynch mob again and disposed of the psychotic woman. Only two of the original nine migrants survived from that wave. One adventurer who was now starting to get better and thinking about thing to screw up and the peasant woman who was still in a coma after the alligator bite."

"i quickly had to make use of the militia once again as Batman emerged from his cave and started chasing around the Innkeeper girl likely with corrupt intentions. Luckily for her honor(or any that left of it after we went "plant gathering"  together) she was fast enough to stay a few paces in front of him until the angry Builder guy caught up and tore him limb from limb."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"We opened a mining shaft to acquire some stones for masonry projects. I didn't take long before we hit a cavernous... cavern. That seemed reach down into the depths of the earth with no end.  Ominous growling sounds echoed from below."

"Mere seconds later the miners laid me out the entire geological history of the structure. A knowledge that i didn't really want to have."

"I'm sure we will find use for this peculiar discovery but right now I ordered everyone to stay clear of it."

"As a result of increasingly common orcish raids that lack the eloquence of goblins and burn down even the poorest of insignificant villages.  It is now a kingdom wide norm that all developing townships should be surrounded by wall by the time they reach a population of 3. I haven't been abiding to to this norm for quite a while and have decided to use the sudden surge of stones out of the mining shaft to construct a walled perimeter based on the mountainside. We also installed a wooden drawbridge that could be retracted in case of danger."

"The Innkeeper girl, lets call her Alle seems to have developed a crush on me. I can't really blame her, I am becoming a very influential man and women can see that. Also our paired breaks during plant gathering might be too explicit to describe here."

"I can't say I haven't gotten attached myself. If I'm going to get rich then why alone eh? I'll see where I can get with this."

Winter 111:

"Just as we where finishing up the wall another group of migrants arrived. 10 people including two new adventurers ready to be armed and sent to their doom. I have ordered the excavation of iron ore and the forging of weapons. Some new houses will have to be built to accommodate the families with children."

Continued here.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:31:58 am by Toady Two »

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 11:14:49 am »

Upon investigation of the raws of the save file I found no Orcs in the standard creature file or the entity file.  :-\

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 11:58:01 am »

They are in creature_orcs.txt and entity_orcs.txt. I'm using the orcs from the newset version of Rysith's Orc mod. They have [trAPAVOID] and can bring War Elephants.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 12:27:09 pm »

hmm I wonder how I missed something like that  :P

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 01:06:51 pm »

The first test of this business model... has been trying.

To say the least.

Only one fellow claimed to have building experience, but I shouted until everyone started putting trees in the ground. First priority was a fortified courtyard-- er, Biergarten.

The smith started smoothing the rock bits to making a dining room floor. I know he's no mason, but he's short and fat like a dwarf, so why not?

The innkeeper made a stew with a double helping of alcohol, the traders liked it so much they gave us a pick and two ropes -- for the well and for a guard dog. Well, cat.

Awww, isn't that a cute cat?

(picture taken ex post facto)

Anyway, rooms got finished above and dwarfy ap Smith dug us out a cellar below. I tried to outfit the rooms with weapon racks to look appropriately "adventuresome" but most were mere closets, and the first wave of fools came near immediately.

Not a weapon among them.

They seemed to enjoy the hospitality, and after a few boasts got into quite the brawl... Rather than deal with that nonsense I encouraged them out the door against the dragon. I had a bit of their money already... I started knocking together a few coffins.

None lasted more than a moment. It was gorier than I predicted. Flaming bodies...

Our farmer, and one of the peasant women insisted they be collected and buried properly. They burnt up as well. Thankfully the dragon returned to its little valley. Its alligator henchman, however, menaced from across the drinking pond.

I had the two lumberjacks and the smith take it out, since they had the most weaponlike appliances. One lumberjack returned. The innkeeper was foully upset, she was the sweetheart of the dead lumberjack, and she trashed her kitchen and still. I'm embarassed to say I was similarly frustrated, and kicked down the trade depot. Both started pestering me to talk about my feelings, and my memories of the dead fools... I claimed the best room upstairs to get a bit of privacy.

We numbered 7, again. Me, the builder, a lumberjack, the innkeeper, a peasant woman and two children. Not an optimal distribution.

The peasant woman had come alone, and was relatively unscarred by the tragedy. I handed her Smithy's pick, and set her to pick up his work. Namely, digging holes in the ground for these coffins. (I made a few more coffins) I told myself I wouldn't treat her as Smithy II, but it's inevitable...

The innkeeper came to shout at me again, her beau's corpse was going foul across the field. She insisted that "our own" be buried separately from the fool adventurers... but it was too late, someone had marked the coffins already.

Ok, I said, we'll put up some nice statues.

We put up some pillars. Sticks really.

To make matters worse, a horde of monkeys capered down the mountain, and took most of the poor sods' things.

*I* could have taken those things!

I went to the remains of the still and gulped down booze before Alle could boil it into stew. Suddenly, I had a brilliant idea.

I arranged to send a message and a package to the nearest local leader.
I knocked together a workbench and picked up what I needed...

Notice! All Adventurers!
The dragon One Sulostraza is dead! Come see the heroic resting place of the hero vanquishers! Try your hand aganst the very safe cave dwelling weaklings!
Join the new town militia!
... To be continued?

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 01:12:40 pm »

Yay some one has attempted to fill my mandate ^_^

Short_dwarf mandates more story tellers (1/3)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 01:31:31 pm »

Very interesting stories, keep em up boys!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34:29 pm »

(Short_dwarf's version)

Spring of 112

Om Egaadis, Buisnessman
Diary Entry 12 Granite 112:

That foolish romantic finally finished that artifact of his. I have to admit that letting him live to finish it was at least worth something. What I care anyways, he plans on facing Sulsar with the other romantics anyways. He will die soon enough. The artifact he created was an iron chain. Worth 36 grand. That will definately attract victims customers.

Diary Entry 18 Slate 112:

More victims customers have arrived. Many adventurers and even some romantics. One even came with a crossbow. Silly fool I was able to convince him that in order to kill Sulsar he had to use a sword. I wouldn't REALLY want him to kill Sulsar now would I?

Diary Entry 4 Felsite 112:

Some rediculus looking monkies decided to raid us today. I think they were called Rhesus...Macaies? Either way the hopeless and the misfitsOptimists and drunks thought they could handle it and decided to get rid of the Macaies. One of the drunks seems to have been blind rather than drunk. He fell into a pond and drowned.

Diary Entry 18 Felsite 112:

Ah glorious day. The lovely Laro has accepted my proposal. We decided not to have a formal wedding however. It was uneeded and a waste of money.

Diary Entry 28 Felsite 112:

Spring is coming to a close. The romantics seem to be in a hurry to slay Sulsar. They already have their swords. All that is needed is their armor. These foolish romantics will not know what they are in for....

(Sorry for lack of pictures, nothing was worth taking a picture of)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 10:19:35 pm by short_dwarf »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4