Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like:

The Day extended by 24 hours?
The Day ended at 11 Central?

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: DF Mafia Round 3 (Dwarves Win)  (Read 48530 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mafia Round 3 (Dwarves Win)
« Reply #435 on: April 29, 2009, 10:01:11 pm »

That was an epic end to an epic game. Kudos to everyone, and to Webadict for that.

I'm still rather proud of Day 3... Karlito, you have no idea how exhausting it was to lie that much, refute your arguments, and keep track of everything I'd said to make sure I wasn't contradicting myself... Lying is hard work. ;D

You were exhausted?  Do you know how much time I spent sitting in the tub or lying awake at night going over your posts in my head, trying to find some chink in your story?  This game was literally the only thing in my life for like 3 whole days.

I'm still a bit hazy on your plan, though.  Was it really your intention to become the child from the start just to throw people off?  Would you have roleclaimed child on Day 3 even if I didn't accuse you?

And Webadict, I thought the Druid couldn't be night-killed.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:16 pm »

That was an epic end to an epic game. Kudos to everyone, and to Webadict for that.

I'm still rather proud of Day 3... Karlito, you have no idea how exhausting it was to lie that much, refute your arguments, and keep track of everything I'd said to make sure I wasn't contradicting myself... Lying is hard work. ;D

You were exhausted?  Do you know how much time I spent sitting in the tub or lying awake at night going over your posts in my head, trying to find some chink in your story?  This game was literally the only thing in my life for like 3 whole days.

I'm still a bit hazy on your plan, though.  Was it really your intention to become the child from the start just to throw people off?  Would you have roleclaimed child on Day 3 even if I didn't accuse you?

And Webadict, I thought the Druid couldn't be night-killed.
He can't but it only applies to the Hammerer.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 29, 2009, 10:29:56 pm »

Yeah, Flintius was going to kill you instead of Archangel that one night but we discovered that guards can kill druids.

Also, Solifuge and Karlito, you two are awesome.

And I think it was my idea to kill you, Inaluct.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 29, 2009, 10:34:10 pm »

Why? D:

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 29, 2009, 10:44:54 pm »

Not sure. You were being too smart or something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2009, 12:25:10 am »

Not knowing that one Child was guaranteed per game, I passed the idea around to the other elves, and started laying the groundwork for the plot early on, hoping that there wasn't a real Child. Once I heard Alexhans start to mention the child though, I had second thoughts.

I first made a mad stab that he was bluffing, and sent him a PM that I was "concerned about his child-contact claim", meaning to imply that I was the Child, and either call his bluff, or perhaps cast doubt about his contact if it was real... but once I realized that it didn't work (I didn't anticipate the circle of trust you guys had built) I pushed for us to night-kill Alexhans instead, so he wouldn't get too much word out on my bluff.

As for the public role-claim on Day 3, it was never my final plan, but came about due to the happy accident of all your contacts being dead. It was a desperate gambit, and most of what I said was fabricated on the fly. I was extremely glad that I'd laid some groundwork for a false child-claim, since I had Org to call on to "back me up"... the added bonus being that every townie whose trust I'd gained would immediately be suspected elves... so whether it worked or not, it was largely a win-win situation for the elves.

The ideal plan was to get you lynched during the day, to get Alexhans the Hammerer killed by the Druid in the night (since he'd be immune to being taken down with him), and then hope that you guys would pick apart my contacts, and then each other.

But yeah, long story short, most of it ended up being a fly-by-night... I'm still a bit surprised that my story even held water. Nevertheless, you were a truly excellent opponent, Karlito, and I hope that next time we're on the same side.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:30:25 am by Solifuge »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2009, 03:39:02 am »

...Alexhans the Hammerer...
Alexhans was the Sheriff. I was the Hammerer.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:57 am »

Hey yeah the only reason I tried to kill inacult continuosly on ridiculous mafia was...well there was a reason. And this game it wasn't even my suggestion so call off yer jihad  :P

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 30, 2009, 04:41:27 am »

o_O

PM me the reason for Ridiculous Mafia? I'm curious now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 30, 2009, 12:42:18 pm »

...Alexhans the Hammerer...
Alexhans was the Sheriff. I was the Hammerer.

Typo on my part. Archangel and Alexhans reversed themselves in my mind.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #445 on: May 09, 2009, 12:53:29 am »

Catching up with everything I left behind...

WOW! Best mafia game in bay12games EVER!!!

247 is the best post ever... the fake quote was so good that I almost had to check in my inbox to see wether I had sent it.

LASD was never my scan target. Remember that we also had the Sheriff on our side, Alexhans. You obviously don't know how we got our information... you only know what we shared with you.

Also, funny that you spring this the moment I send my scan results to Mephansteres. I found a way to prove both my innocence, and whether or not Meph is an Elf. The ball, however, is now in Meph's court, and I await his response.
GREAT ANSWER DUDE!  I had thought about it too.

284: Karlito is Sherlock Holmes.

314: Dude... Solifuge Rules...!!!

321: What's with the description voting...? First panda, now qwerty.

325: pretty good but it took you too long...

328:  GREAT POINT!!!!!
And Solifuge, why would Alexhans trust you with his scan data, when he had not verified you?

334: The detective Karlito nails it!!

P:... Solifuge.
A: Ok. no lynch
P:Are you sure no lynch is a good idea at this point?
A:No, but the person you voted for is dead.

380: A_Fey_Dwarf  is right again! :)

P:Our ambushers and hunters need to start working harder. We can't make it on only the child.
A:It's possible I accidentally killed them all...

If I have, oops  :(

Quote from: Solifuge
I still find it a bit funny that, on the one game where Flintus' curse didnt get him killed on the first turn, he turned out to be the Druid.
New Rule: If flintus is alive on day 2 he is definetly scum ;)
As far as guessing Meph's role, I had a backup plan even if I had guessed his role-hood wrong: I told Meph that he did have a Day-Time Role, and told 3 other players that he Did Not... I was hoping that I'd guess wrong, he'd claim that I said he didn't have a Day-Time Role, when I'd have 3 other people to jump out and "see that he was lying" and "was obviously working with Karlito the Sly Elf"
ABSOLUTELY GENIOUS DUDE!!!
I first made a mad stab that he was bluffing, and sent him a PM that I was "concerned about his child-contact claim", meaning to imply that I was the Child, and either call his bluff, or perhaps cast doubt about his contact if it was real... but once I realized that it didn't work (I didn't anticipate the circle of trust you guys had built) I pushed for us to night-kill Alexhans instead, so he wouldn't get too much word out on my bluff.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 09, 2009, 08:17:43 am »

Yes, this is definitely one of the greater games I've hosted. Solifuge did a magnificent job, and I then Mephansteras uses his Duke powers... I felt bad.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2009, 08:23:38 am »

why did you kill me Archangel?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile