Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like:

The Day extended by 24 hours?
The Day ended at 11 Central?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: DF Mafia Round 3 (Dwarves Win)  (Read 48613 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mafia Round 3 (Day 4)
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2009, 04:32:33 pm »

I know we can trust you, since I've checked you out, and you're elf-negative. I'm guessing you have a role since you know something about Alexhans... I'm going to try and get folks off your case right now with my connections, but I need you to work with me. What do you know?

Also, your latest statements just managed to get the Dwarves suspicious of you, and no doubt revealed that you had a role to the Elves. If I knew the Surgeon, I'd get them on you... lets hope they listen today.
Proof

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2009, 04:35:18 pm »

I vote as necessary to prevent the lynch.

This means that whatever is necessary - no-lynch votes or votes in a way that cause a tie - I'll do.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2009, 04:37:13 pm »

I'd rather see a timeline of Solifuge's version of events first.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2009, 04:37:28 pm »

Now, If karlito stops this madness, I will drop my vote.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2009, 04:37:58 pm »

Quoted from the bottom of last page, for convenience:
I don't understand what Meph is doing, this whole thread is too confusing. As it stands I believe Solifuge is the elf so I will vote for him. If Meph comes out and says something important, I can just as easily change my vote.

To explain completely, I had sent my scan results first to Pandarsenic, Org, and Archangel, who are the 3 players I know I can trust. The idea was that, if Meph claimed publicly that I was wrong and falsified my PM to him, I had 3 people who received the same PM, and Meph would have betrayed himself to be an Elf ally of Karlito. However, judging by what happened, either Meph didn't take the bait, or more likely that Meph is a Dwarf, and Karlito just got lucky.

At this point, I've played my last card, and what I think is in the town's best interest is to call off the lynch today, and use qwertyuiopas' method, to let the elves betray themselves in the night. The elves will target the real child tonight, and qwertuiopas will Surgeon-Guard either Karlito or Me tonight, at a coinflip. If he guards the wrong one, he's still fine, and the real Elf will be available for lynch tomorrow. If he guards the right one, he knows who he targeted, and can let us know, then, who the real Elf is, and the Town gets one last Child Scan.

qwertyuiopas' post:
Okay, I have been inactive for a while, rarely getting around to posting.
I am a(the) surgeon(or maybe a(the) philosiphor), and will be protecting either Karlito or Solifuge.

Since the chances of the elves killing one of their own are practically nothing, even if I protect the wrong one, there is no loss, and if I protect the right one it is a major gain.

This method is probably what is in the town's best interest at this juncture.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2009, 04:42:13 pm »

At this point, I've played my last card, and what I think is in the town's best interest is to call off the lynch today, and use qwertyuiopas' method, to let the elves betray themselves in the night. The elves will target the real child tonight, and qwertuiopas will Surgeon-Guard either Karlito or Me tonight, at a coinflip. If he guards the wrong one, he's still fine, and the real Elf will be available for lynch tomorrow. If he guards the right one, he knows who he targeted, and can let us know, then, who the real Elf is, and the Town gets one last Child Scan.

Why does it make sense for the town to accept such a proposal from a person who could be an elf?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »

The only issue is if I try to protect the correct person and the elves attack, and it turns out I am only a philosopher.

Or, if both Karlito and Solifuge are children, although that would be quite an issue.

Either way, I change my vote to NO LYNCH or SECOND HIGHEST because a lynch at this time is still a 50/50 chance.

The elves can't kill their fake(if they have one) as they will show up as the elf as they die.
If they kill the real child, there is a 50/50 chance I am protecting them, and an unknown chance(only webadict knows) that it does nothing. Either way we then know the fake.
If they go after someone else, even me, it buys the child another turn to check someone, hopefully allowing us to stop the menace.
Eh?
Eh!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2009, 05:32:47 pm »

I also switch to no_lynch. Let's see what happens tonight. I can't tell which is the real child, and a 50/50 shot of killing the child is just too high.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2009, 05:35:23 pm »

I also shall vote No Lynch. The night should hopefully tell us more.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2009, 05:36:16 pm »

No lynch

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2009, 05:56:51 pm »

Went through my PMs, and made a complete log of all my actions and known information, with my reasoning. In the event that I die, either today, or tonight, at least Alexhans' and my information will be of use in the rest of you. I've also included what knowledge I gained retroactively from Alexhans:

Day 1: Sat back and observed player styles and orders for common tells. Karlito had asked "Wouldn't the child actually read this statement as false no matter what?" which made me somewhat suspicious.
No Lynch occurred.
Night 1: I scanned Karlito's statement: "I am a dwarf too! What a coincidence." It returned as True, (non-conclusive for a Sly Elf, but chances were less than 1/16th that he was). Given the odds, I let him know my role, and that I was an ally.
Alexhans used his minor check on Inaluct. (I was informed of this on Day 3)
Inaluct was night-killed. Both he and Pandarsenic commented on this in the thread.

Day 2: Org made a suspicious statement: "I am a dwarf. Will not roleclaim. But it isnt not a good role."
ChaoticJosh was Lynched.
Night 2: I verified Org's "I am Anti-Town" statement. It returned False. I did not yet contact him.
(I suspect this was the point at which Karlito PMed Cheetar, LASD, or Alexhans as the "Child". I never received confirmation from Alexhans.)
Alexhans minor-scanned LASD, who informed him that his Lover was Cheetar. (I was told this on Day 3)
Cheetar was night-killed soon after.

Day 3: Org flipped out at Alexhans, and Alexhans flipped out at Org. Alexhans said he had contact with the child, which I knew had to be false.
I scanned Alexhans, and his "I am Anti-Town" was False. I explained that the "child" that contacted him was lying, and making false claims.
Karlito, Alexhans, LASD, and I met to discuss what we knew. I tried to mediate and get them off of Org's case, as well as get Org off of Alexhans'.
No Lynch occured
Night 3: Alexhans is killed. I do not know who he scanned, nor recieved the ID of his "child" contact.
LASD committed suicide due to Cheetar's death.

Day 4: Karlito role-claims Child, and lynch-votes me. I vote against him. I scan Meph to prove my innocence.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2009, 06:15:47 pm »

What if they are both children?
O_O

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2009, 07:03:37 pm »

So, what exactly makes you people believe that the elves will try to kill the child?  It seems like they'll just kill qwertyuiopas and then we'll be in the same position that we've been in.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2009, 07:30:25 pm »

And Solifuge, why would Alexhans trust you with his scan data, when he had not verified you?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2009, 07:38:31 pm »

Aside from the fact that I was trying to help him find you, and end the string of random lynch-votes he'd been making?

Also, I would ask you why Alexhans would blow a power he only has 2 uses of on you for no reason, and then send a PM that is timestamped before you claim to have contacted him, using broken sentences and emotes that I have never seen him use in conversation?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31