Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like:

The Day extended by 24 hours?
The Day ended at 11 Central?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: DF Mafia Round 3 (Dwarves Win)  (Read 48620 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mafia Round 3 (Day 4)
« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2009, 04:57:00 pm »

I don't think I can do that with one statement without making it obvious what the truth of the statement is.

If I say I'm a dwarf with a night role, and I'm a dwarf without a night role, you get 'lie', which could mean I'm an elf or that I'm a dwarf without a night role. Proves nothing.
If I say I'm a dwarf without a night role, and I'm a dwarf with a night role, you get 'lie', which could mean I'm an elf or that I'm a dwarf with a night role. Proves nothing.
If I say I'm and elf or anti-town and either with or without a night role, then you get 'lie' unless BOTH are true. Which would nab you an elf if I was one, but not help prove whether or not you're the child. I'm not an elf, so that doesn't help any.

Unless you can think of a statement that will work...

To be honest, that's a really suspicious move on your part, and makes me trust Karlito a bit more.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2009, 07:01:39 pm »

It's not suspicious of me to want to uncover one person's identity. I don't want to have blown my last claim clearing my name, because short of surviving the lynch AND getting protected tonight, I'm done for either way. I want to make some good come of this role-claim, and either clear a living person, or preferably take an Elf down with me.

Still, scanning a combined statement like those which you've given will return the truthfulness of your entire post, so a combination of an Elf Check and Role Check can potentially conflict. However, I already know that Karlito is the Sly Elf, and thus we don't need to use the "anti-town" method Pandarsenic developed to thwart that.

I'm currently running through possible statements that will only return true if you're an Elf AND have a role, and yet will still reveal whether you have a role or not; the goal is to somehow both clear my name, and clear you of any elf-suspicion. I'm having difficulty though... Pandarsenic can perhaps help me with this?

EDIT-  Explaination: As I understand it, so long as there are players who can have the role, each role will appear at least once. Thus, unless we have more than 3 elves, each Elf will have a role: Druid, Sly, and Covert.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:11:17 pm by Solifuge »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2009, 08:35:41 pm »

Okay, I have been inactive for a while, rarely getting around to posting.
I am a(the) surgeon(or maybe a(the) philosiphor), and will be protecting either Karlito or Solifuge.

Since the chances of the elves killing one of their own are practically nothing, even if I protect the wrong one, there is no loss, and if I protect the right one it is a major gain.

If the elves kill me, it gives thr true child an extra turn to live to strike down the menace of the tree-hugging pansies who couldn't grow a beard of anything except blood, and even for that they need a dwarf's help!

DEATH TO the ELVES!!!‼!!!!‼!!!!!‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼‼!!‼‼‼‼‼‼!!!!!‼‼‼!!!!!
Eh?
Eh!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2009, 08:38:53 pm »

I've got nothin', Solifuge. Meph pointed out the problem and I can't see any way around it. His very choice, if he's a dwarf, would make the answer obvious already or you'd have to get false. :|
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2009, 10:28:48 pm »

Gottcha!
I am the Child, and have been in contact with Karlito since I checked him on the first turn.
Luckily for me, I've made contact with Org, and verified him several nights prior, without informing anyone.
Blatant rules infraction that it is aside, yes, I did contact Alexhans after I checked him out,
So far those are the three child scans you've claimed to have made.  But wait:
Of course I admit to contacting Alexhans! I was working with him, you, and LASD!
How could LASD have been involved on day 2?  It was clear that me, LASD, and Cheeetar were in contact with eachother at that point.  So you must have scanned him on day 2.  But wait, that means that you would have had to have made 4 scans in the last 3 turns, which is impossible.  I caught you; there's no way you can wriggle out of this one, elf.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »

I'll wait for Solifuge's explanation/excuse before acting on that.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2009, 11:02:30 pm »

LASD was never my scan target. Remember that we also had the Sheriff on our side, Alexhans. You obviously don't know how we got our information... you only know what we shared with you.

Also, funny that you spring this the moment I send my scan results to Mephansteres. I found a way to prove both my innocence, and whether or not Meph is an Elf. The ball, however, is now in Meph's court, and I await his response.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2009, 11:36:49 pm »

Wow. Lots of activity. Just so everyone knows, the Day ends in 24 hours. Vote soon, while you can.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2009, 11:39:42 pm »

I eagerly await Meph's response to my PM.

Also, Karlito: going over your current argument here, I found this awesome little tidbit.

No, Alexhans checked me out already.  He knew I was the child.
Ok... Ive checked you.  Im the sheriff... I fully trust you cause I can find roles every 2 turns.  I know you're the child.

Im gonna catch up now-  and then we can decide what to do.

Nice fabricated quotation. Aside from when this was timestamped, The writing is nothing like Alexhans'. "I fully trust you cause I can find roles every 2 turns." particularly so; neither is that Alexhan's writing style, nor would he stop to explain the minor details of his role to you without involving a plan.

In addition, why would he randomly blow his limited-use-power on you, without any reason, which conveniently states that you were the Child?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 12, 2009, 12:22:43 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and vote for Solifuge. He seems to be the most likely elf in my opinion. If Solifuge is an elf, then we can guarantee that Org is also an elf. My vote counts for two so I think that puts Solifuge down as dwarf/elf with the most votes.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 12, 2009, 12:25:29 am »

Fey, wait for Meph's report before voting, would you?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 12, 2009, 12:28:43 am »

I don't understand what Meph is doing, this whole thread is too confusing. As it stands I believe Solifuge is the elf so I will vote for him. If Meph comes out and says something important, I can just as easily change my vote.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 12, 2009, 12:40:22 am »

Meph has made a statement and each "child" is to send the verity of it to him and he'll say if they were right or not.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2009, 12:55:39 am »

Day 4 Votes (11 Players):
Player          Votes          FoS
Solifuge        2(3?)          N
Karlito         2              Y
quertyuiopas    1              N
Zaithemaster    0              Y
Org             0              Y

Mephansteras     Lynch Solifuge, No Lynch, Lynch qwertyuiopas
Karlito          Role-Claim (Child), Lynch Solifuge
A_Fey_Dwarf      FoS Org, Lynch Solifuge
penguinofhonor   Lynch Karlito
Org              Lynch Karlito, FoS "Zaith" Zaithemaster
Flintus10       
Archangel        Lynch Solifuge, No Lynch
Pandarsenic      [TF] Lynch Karlito, No Lynch
Solifuge         Role-claim (Child), Lynch Karlito, "Org, Archangel, and A_Fey_Dwarf are guaranteed roles"
Zaithemaster     FoS Karlito
qwertyuiopas     Role-Claim (Surgeon/Philosopher)

Proven Roles:
* Living Roles: Archangel (Hammerer), A_Fey_Dwarf (Friendly Elf/Dwarf)
* Dead Roles: inaluct (Peasant), Squeegy (Ambusher), ChaoticJosh (Woodcutter), Cheetar (Royal Guard, Lover), Alexhans (Sheriff), LASD (Woodcutter)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 12, 2009, 01:36:28 am »

LASD was never my scan target. Remember that we also had the Sheriff on our side, Alexhans. You obviously don't know how we got our information... you only know what we shared with you.

So then Alexhans must have confirmed LASD.  Which means in order for LASD, Cheeetar, and me to lynchwagon CJ you must have been in contact with the sheriff by the second day.  Of course, that wouldn't explain why Alexhans voted to lynch Cheeetar on day 2.  If he was the one who confirmed LASD, then he'd also know that Cheeetar wasn't an elf.  Also, remember those pm's that we quoted earlier?  They detailed all the communication that took place between you and Alexhans.  All of them are timestamped April 4-5.  Day 2 ended on April 1.

Solifuge's version of events simply doesn't add up.  I'd think the truth would be pretty clear by now.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31