Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like:

The Day extended by 24 hours?
The Day ended at 11 Central?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: DF Mafia Round 3 (Dwarves Win)  (Read 48618 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: DF Mafia Round 3 (Day 4)
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2009, 01:22:10 pm »

Webadict:
Does the child get the results of his action at the end of the day, or right after he uses them?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2009, 01:31:22 pm »

Webadict:
Does the child get the results of his action at the end of the day, or right after he uses them?
The Child receives them right after using his power.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2009, 01:33:18 pm »

First of all, you just quoted a PM, and on top of that quoted a PM that wasn't sent to you. I'm assuming Alexhans shared it with you in quote form (which was a bad move on his part) after I sent it, but either way I'm really disappointed by the way some people are playing right now.

Ah ha!  So, you admit to sending that pm.  And I can quote any pm I want, as long as webadict isn't in it.  We already know that Alexhans is the sheriff.  So why would he be sending information to me?  Maybe because he already confirmed me himself.  If you are the child, and you've been telling the truth, then I must be the sly elf.  But, if I was the sly elf, then the sheriff would be able to detect me.  You've been caught in your own web of lies Solifuge.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2009, 01:36:15 pm »

Of course I admit to contacting Alexhans! I was working with him, you, and LASD! And if you recall, he had me proven innocent after he Sheriff-scanned me... convenient how you've been leaving that out!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2009, 01:44:42 pm »

No, you weren't.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2009, 01:45:32 pm »

Karlito.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2009, 02:05:18 pm »

Ok, prove yourself to me.

I have a night power role.

Alright, I'll check this statement.  I believe that Meph is pro-town, although I have no proof.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2009, 02:31:52 pm »

Karlito, "No you weren't" is quite possibly the best argument I've ever heard. In response to it, I tell you this. "Yes I was". The irrefutable nature of my argument should soon become apparent. ;D

Anyway, since we're quoting PMs now, how about these?
I tried to compile info on the last 3 days in the thread. Good luck making sense of it, because after the 2 Woodcutters thing, I'm getting progressively more confused about the rules in this game. Methinks time for a decent amount of sleep tonight.
Your info IS valuable but I'm not sure why I should trust you...  You had the same playstyle in paranormal mafia and were a filthy Alien... ;)

Can you claim to me or give me any sign of your innocence?  If you could then I could tell this to the Child, so he can strategize better with his contacts.

Alex, I AM the Child. I'm pretty sure that unlike the woodcutter, there can only be one of those too, so whomever you have been contacting as the Child is either a lying Dwarf, or more likely an Elf trying to earn your trust and get information out of you. I'd seriously advise caution, and urge you to let me know who he is, and who these contacts are, so I can scan them.

Woah, seriously? I'm not entirely certain that I can trust you yet, but I know the Sheriff, and can make sure you are what you say you are. I'm not going to reveal the name of the "other" Child until I've got you checked out though... Sorry.  :-\

During the night, he PMed the living members of the group that I checked out as Child, but never followed with the name of his former "Child" contact. LASD died due to his Lover's death, so he's not here now, and Karlito was the only one now living that also got the PM, (though I've no doubt that he'll deny getting it now). Even better though, later that night, Alexhans was killed by the elves.

EDIT: On top of his most recent claim to being the Child, that each member that was in the "cleared" group was systematically killed, save for Karlito, on top of which him being the one person who was checked prior to the Elf-Proof method, should make this pretty irrefutable. Well played Karlito, but you are, without a doubt, a very lucky Sly Elf.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:26:17 pm by Solifuge »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2009, 02:59:12 pm »

Very very ugly situation going on here. I don't like any of this. If we guess wrong we kill the child who is our last major asset against the Elves. Karlito did PM me back with the correct answer, but it could still have been a lucky guess.

I say we lynch neither of them today. Let's let our Hunters and Ambushers see what they can find out tonight.

In the meantime, let's see if we can figure out another Elf to lynch.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2009, 03:15:43 pm »

No, Alexhans checked me out already.  He knew I was the child.
Ok... Ive checked you.  Im the sheriff... I fully trust you cause I can find roles every 2 turns.  I know you're the child.

Im gonna catch up now-  and then we can decide what to do.

I can't wrap my head around this crazy story you are spinning, Solifuge.  If you were working with us from the start, then why are you attacking me for CJ's lynching?  By your own story you would have been involved in that too.  And since you claim we were all working together, how then does this post make sense?

I guess I should apologize to ChaoticJosh, since I essentially got him lynched.  I was unaware that there could be two Woodcrafters, and I had LASD confirmed from the start.  I know only one other to be a confirmed dwarf, and I would very much appreciate a guard tonight.  Preferably all of them.

Aside from you lurking until you finally came out now, this statement is the hardest piece of evidence against you, Karlito. You led two bandwagons, one against ChaoticJosh, who was claiming to be woodcutter, and should have in no way been targeted by a sane Dwarf when we both knew I could investigate him, and against Org, who is the only other living confirmed Dwarf.

Also, you know full well that there is most likely no guard left, since you killed Cheetar as soon as he was cleared via being Lover to LASD... which, by the way, was a really sly move. Targetting Cheetar in the night allowed you to "kill" his lover LASD, without making it look suspicious to us. If LASD had been the target, we would have noticed the pattern, as all our recent confirmations were being systematically killed.

EDIT: Its just not adding up for me.  (Which, of course, it wouldn't seeing as the whole tale is a load of crap.)  If you are the child, then why didn't you call me out when I led the bandwagon against CJ if "we both knew that you could investigate him easily."  Because you claim you would have also known that LASD was the woodcutter, why would that even be an issue?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:18:50 pm by Karlito »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2009, 03:26:15 pm »

Zaith.
Stop lurking, you dirty elf.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2009, 04:18:20 pm »

Whoops, been inactive. A lot of reading to get thorough, also as far as I know I am anti-town. I am a friendly dwarf as at the start of the game I was assigned the role of a peasant. With so many roles in this game I thought that was kind of odd, so I probably got a hidden ability. If this ability is the friendly one, then it all makes sense.

I tend to believe Solifuge's argument over Karlito's based on the current information but I am too much of a coward to make a decision just yet. So I will point my FoS at Karlito for now, maybe vote for him when I make up my mind.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2009, 04:26:05 pm »

Sorry, sorry. I've been distracted by other things. I've actually already subtly revealed my role in one of my earlier posts, though I wouldn't doubt it if nobody caught it.

This situation is rather similar to the first Paranormal Mafia game, where Josh was a doppelganger claiming to be the Agent, when I really was. If we lynch one, we may actually be lynching the Child.

The only "safe" solution that I can think of is to wait until the 5th day, and if one of them's dead, it should be the Child. Then we lynch the one remaining. And of course for this solution to work, the Hammerer should not kill either of them. However, this "solution" (I'd hardly call this one) is rather inefficient, and the Mafia could easily decide not to lynch the real Child because they're expecting this.

Right now, Solifuge has presented a better argument than Karlito. So, I FoS Karlito. (Ninja'd by AFD on that last bit)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2009, 04:31:05 pm »

Zaith.
Stop lurking, you dirty elf.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2009, 04:37:49 pm »

Zaith isn't an elf.  Alexhans checked him on the first day.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 04:40:58 pm by Karlito »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31