Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mishosstinthad, Beachtheater (community)  (Read 1686 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mishosstinthad, Beachtheater (community)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 11:34:23 pm »

Can I reserve an immigrant, Rasputin, a bowyer/boncrafter, who uses dead things to make dead things?

Not exactly communist I know, but hopefully manages to be controversial, being cheered when a crossbow trap kills a goblin, but less so when they run out onto the battlefield to collect supplies, very much less so when they enter a fell mood and make a dwarf bone crossbow with an image of a dwarf striking down a dwarf in dwarf leather...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 12:28:16 pm »

Sure thing. I'll get you a dwarf as soon as I get around to playing again. Haven't had as much time lately, but I'll get back into the swing of it again soon.

So far things are a bit slow with the fortress but it's bound to pick up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 01:50:12 am »

Thankyou!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 10:42:40 am »

19th Hematite, 201, Early Summer - Stalin's Journal
 I've ordered Rakust to dig out the area for the dining hall. It will be filled with statues and engravings of my greatness someday, so it must be very large. Vasily has run out of bolts and is beating the animals to death with his crossbow now. It is taking a significant deal longer than it should. I'll have Zas carve some bolts from bone later this week. For now he will prepare some goods for the caravan from the Mountainhomes.

12th Malachite, 201, Mid Summer - Stalin's Journal
 We haven't made much progress this month. Zas finished the bolts and goods for the caravans, our food and booze industries are going pretty well, and we haven't seen sight of invaders at all. The dining room is nearly mined out, but the going is slow with only one pick. Of note, it seems to rain a lot here. I somewhat dislike the rain.

26th Malachite, 201, Mid Summer - Stalin's Journal
 Rakust was stunned in a cave-in today. I ordered him to channel out some of the overhangs above our entrance and he did not dig them in the correct order. He seems to be uninjured, just a little shaken.

7th Galena, 201, Late Summer - Stalin's Journal
 Rakust tells me he's struck Milk Quartz in both the dining room and the lower stockpiles. Perhaps we will be fortunate enough to find more gems, and maybe even some metal ore.

12th Galena, 201, Late Summer - Stalin's Journal
 Hematite! We found it while finishing digging the stockpiles under the workshops. It seems we struck in the dead center of the vein, but perhaps we can increase the size of the stockpile area in order to gain access to it.

30th Galena, 201, Late Summer - Stalin's Journal
 I've ordered the construction of a roof above the small courtyard outside of our entrance. I fear marksmen may be able to shoot down at us if we don't cover it up. Perhaps a tower will be constructed through this roof so that we can shoot back at the enemies.

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 11:40:25 am »

13th Limestone, 201, Early Autumn - Stalin's Journal
 The Dwarven caravan has arrived. We don't have much to trade them, but I'm not sure there's much that we need from them. An anvil would be nice I suppose. Hopefully they won't have any problems getting down to our trade depot.

23rd Limestone, 201, Early Autumn - Stalin's Journal
 We've been too busy hauling the food to the new stockpile to get the goods to the depot, and I fear the Dwarves are losing their patience. On the bright side, we have finished digging out the dining room and new food stockpile.

2nd Sandstone, 201, Mid Autumn - Stalin's Journal
 We traded all of our crafts for some plump helmets and another pick. Surely this will speed up production. We must all work for the greater good of the fortress, no matter what stands in our way.

12th Sandstone, 201, Mid Autumn - Stalin's Journal
 More milk quartz in the stockpiles with the hematite. Not much time to write now.. lots of mining to do..

25th Sandstone, 201, Mid Autumn - Stalin's Journal
 Winter is nearing. We've begun moving all of our stockpiles indoors. I'm still devising a way to keep invaders out, but the progress is slow, and I'm beginning to worry. They will be upon is soon, and we've not anything between us and them.

10th Timber, 201, Late Autumn - Stalin's Journal
 The air is getting colder and colder, but we're not making any progress on a defense system. These cold stones that surround us may just be our tombs. Tombs.. That's it! Perhaps we can seal ourselves inside and wait out the invasion. No, no. We must stand and fight. No retreating. Cage traps may be our only option for now. We may be able to make enough before they arrive.

30th Timber, 201, Late Autumn - Stalin's Journal
 I pray they do not attack. We weren't able to complete the cages and mechanisms in time for winter. Our hopes will be with Vasily and Leon to hold the invaders off.

I may start only doing one journal entry per season with a posting once per year. We'll see I suppose.

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 12:08:36 pm »

Winter, 101 - Stalin's Journal
 Vasily and Leon were sleeping in the barracks when the invaders came. They woke up soon after and fetched their gear. I've stationed them at the end of the entry hall near the farms. Hopefully they'll be able to shoot down the invaders before the close in. By my guess, there are around 16 of them.. The majority are wrestlers, but there are a few wielding scourges and pikes. This may go badly.

These are my last words.. We are ruined! Vasily and Leon were overwhelmed. They are running rampant through our fortress, tearing the animals and citizens to bits and pieces. I am unsure of how long I have, but the sounds are getting closer. I'm scared, but I will fight to my last breath.

Stalin and Rakust were killed instantly after I drafted them. This has to be the shortest community fortress ever?

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »

Well, you could always reclaim then die again.  ;)
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 01:08:03 pm »

Ouch, so that is what orcs do...
Well, I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 [2]