Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mishosstinthad, Beachtheater (community)  (Read 1687 times)

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mishosstinthad, Beachtheater (community)
« on: March 16, 2009, 09:52:42 pm »

Well first off here is my embark location :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the map prebuilding :
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5062-beachtheater

I'm a pretty novice to mediocre DF player, so if I do something extremely silly don't mind it :D. The only modification that I'll be using is orcs. I'm also not a professional author by any means, so I'm not sure that there will be any storytelling like a lot of the other wonderful threads.

Starting seven dwarfs :

Profiles :

Joseph Stalin, Dictator

Leon Trotsky, Revolutionary Writer

Reg, Architect

Vasily Zaytsev, Military Sniper

Jeik, Serf

Zas Erithnish, Craftsdwarf

Rakust Orsharkol, Mechanic

Feel free to reserve immigrant spots.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:05:05 pm by djes »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Amstakud, Yawningmachines (community)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 11:47:04 pm »

I suppose I could hop on board.  And if we're going with the communism thing, I believe you need an antagonist.

Name: Leon Trotsky
Profession: Revolutionary Writer (Record Keeper, Marksdwarf, Wrestler, Novice Ambusher, Shield User, Novice Armor User)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 12:01:41 am »

Name: Reg *any last name*
Profession: Architect (Masonry,Architecture,Stone detailing)
If possible try to pick a dwarf that is lazy ^_^
its ok if you dont though
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 12:08:58 am »

Then I guess I'll continue the trend.

Name: Vasily Zaytsev
Profession: Military Sniper (Proficient Marksdwarf, Armor User, Ambusher)
Note: More loyal to the fortress than to any one person. I figure in the early days he can make for a good ranger if needed. Also eventually, cross-train with spears.
-J-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:11:14 am by Jarod Cain »
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 01:04:21 am »

Thanks for the participation! I'm loving the name/job combos :D

So far it looks like it'll be a mostly meat-based fortress for food (at least at first). We still need a carpenter, grower(optional at this point, but helpful), craftsdwarf, and another miner. I don't mind if anyone doesn't want to pick those, and I'd be more than willing to embark with the other four starters having nothing but noble/social skills.

After we get four more and embark I'll post what everyone's dwarfs are like.

Edit : It might be pretty neat to try out a cold environment (Russia) located near a goblin/orc fortress (Nazi Germany) given the setting.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 01:08:21 am by djes »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 08:03:43 am »

Sure, I'll take one:

Name:Jeik 'Whatever last name"
Profession:Serf (Grower, Cook, Carpenter)
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 12:15:36 pm »

Will Vasily and Leon start out with some gear because of their skills? (I mean because they have ambusher). Also, added you to the list Katsuun.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 12:22:10 pm »

that suddenly and strangely reminds me to ask this:

are you using any mods?
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 12:30:34 pm »

Only orcs.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 02:21:00 pm »

I think with regular skill in ambushing you get free leatehr gear and a crossbow or something. I'm not sure.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 03:32:15 pm »

I'm a bit impatient so I went ahead and filled in the last two. Things might be a bit slow going with one miner, but more will come I'm sure.

Remember, immigrants are still open for the taking, as well as the last two dwarfs if you want to name them :P.
Joseph Stalin, Dictator

Leon Trotsky, Revolutionary Writer

Reg, Architect

Vasily Zaytsev, Military Sniper

Jeik, Serf

Zas Erithnish, Craftsdwarf

Rakust Orsharkol, Mechanic

Edit : Bah! I forgot to set the name back to Yawningmachines.

Looks like the fortress is now called Mishosstinthad, Beachtheater. I uploaded a map of the unbuilt land, and you can find the link in the first post. Note the nice little waterfall to the west.

Edit 2 : Hahahaha. That's not a waterfall. Just part of the brook has no wall. I'll have to fix that.

Edit 3 : Actually it seems to be a combination of both. Weird. No mist though. :(

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:56:22 pm by djes »

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mishosstinthad, Beachtheater (community)
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 04:56:07 pm »

19th Granite, 201, Early Spring - Stalin's Journal
 We've stopped the wagon at this place that we will call Beachtheater. When we stepped out I immediately ordered Vasily to begin hunting the local wildlife. It's important that we stock up on food before the winter months. After Vasily disappeared to the north, we began moving the goods towards the waterfall to the west of our wagon. By the second trip Vasily had brought back at least six corpses of deer and fox. I told him to stop hunting and begin butchering his catches.

21st Granite, 201, Early Spring - Stalin's Journal
 I've just realized that we didn't bring any woodcutters from the Mountainhomes! Damnit. We are surely cursed. I've dug out a hallway and small area for a trade depot. Things are going quite slowly given that I'm the only one who knows how to pick a rock. Perhaps things will go better in the near future.

25th Granite, 201, Early Spring - Stalin's Journal
 Jeik has done a fine job of walling up the fortress side of the waterfall. Now the water is staying away from our food and wood stocks. I've dug out a temporary barracks and Jeik has begun work on making beds for us to sleep on. No more sleeping on the dirt for us.

Note to self : The walls and floors here are made from sand. We will likely have a glass industry in the future. Perhaps we are not so cursed after all.

15th Slate, 201, Mid Spring - Stalin's Journal
 We've not gotten a whole lot done since my last entry. I've been too busy sleeping and hauling things about to mine out the fortress. No longer! Everyone will work for the greater good of the fortress from now on. I will be the authority on what we create and who does it.

I see Leon watching me on occasion. Perhaps he is angry that I told him to stop killing foxes. We have a pile of rotting corpses even though they were both supposed to be butchering the kills. They'll regret that when we're rationing our food in the winter.

1st Felsite, 201, Late Spring - Stalin's Journal
 Summer is nearing, I can feel it in the air. We haven't even gotten farms or a still set up yet, but I think that is mostly my fault. I will work extra hard in the weeks to come to mine out the workshop area. Meanwhile I've ordered the others to bring the food inside to one of the spare barracks. The wagon will be disassembled shortly. I fear the orcs will come this winter, but after seeing Vasily and Leon shooting those foxes and deer last week, I'm sure we can handle them just fine.

25th Felsite, 201, Late Spring - Stalin's Journal
 Rakust has taken over mining, so I do no more than menial labor around the fortress. I don't even think we could call it a fortress at this point. Reg walled the other side of the waterfall today, hopefully that will keep the water where it belongs. Our meat supplies are low, perhaps I will send Vasily back out to hunt. Leon, however, will stay closer to me and butcher the animals that Vasily returns.

Z -1

Z -2

Z -4

(OOC: Holy Hell I managed to write a good bit in one season. Sorry for all of the clutter and boring stuff. I might tone it down in the seasons to come. I'm enjoying writing about DF though :D. The coloring on the images is a bit off. Sorry. PNG from now on.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:07:10 pm by djes »

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 05:08:14 pm »

I'm energetic O.o
I have a fertile imagination. O.o

djes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 05:13:18 pm »

I'm energetic O.o
I have a fertile imagination. O.o

Haha just realized that. If you want I can reassign you to the first immigrant dwarf that I find that fits being lazy

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 05:14:27 pm »

nah thats fine :)

this works to lol
Pages: [1] 2