Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Spearwonders Succession, Large World, Early Years  (Read 3858 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearwonders Succession, Large World, Early Years
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 02:33:53 am »

Summer 23

9th of Hematite:
Humans have arrived on the far corner of our territory. I have ordered Deathy to get ready at the depot and for the other dwarves to haul some of our more valuable junk to be sold.

10th of Hematite:
It seems the only dwarves in this fortress with nothing to do are the miners. I'll sort that out.

11th of Hematite:
I have designated a large area on level -20 to be dug out for the catacombs. This will hopefully keep the miners busy.

12th of Hematite:
The miners today struck cassiterite, this is great news as now our forges will be able to work the large deposits of copper around here to a more durable and powerful bronze.

20th of Hematite:
Deathy seems busy with other things and hasn't yet dealt with the traders. I'll have to go tell him to hurry up before the Humans leave.

23rd of Hematite:
The magma has reached a level of 3/7ths full. Soon I will be able to start production on glass blocks and bronze armor.

24th of Hematite:
The champion wrestlers were sent out to kill the damn monkeys out there that seem to insist on stealing our stuff.

28th of Hematite:
Wow, the miners down in the catacombs are finding all sorts of wonderful minerals. Today they found some bismusthinite, which can be alloyed to the bronze to increase the efficiency of the process.

2th of Malachite:
For goodness sake, where the hell is Deathy. He hasn't shown up at the depot, even though I told him to a month ago. This has gone too far. I am going to have to do something about these dwarves not doing any work.

3th of Malachite:
I have figured it out. I will assign a captain of the guard and a group of guards to enforce the rules around here. They will also double as a fall back defensive force should our champions fail. I will also order the miners to dig out a jail to house any criinals who think they are above the law.

9th of Malachite:
Deathy finally got round to trading with the humans. We bought a whole lot of wood and food but couldn't buy an anvil as there were none. On that note, the magma is 4/7th's full now. I have told the furnace operators to start smelting down the bismusthinite into bismuth. Once they are done with that we can get started on the bronze.

11th of Malachite:
Wow, that was close, the traders left today.

21st of Malachite:
Everything is going as planned. I have ordered a sand collection room to be dug out and more cloth bags to be made. Hopefully we will have glass production up and running soon.

1st of Galena:
Sand collection has begun, soon glass making will be going at full speed. The dumping of stone into magma is however holding a lot of things up, luckily there isn't much stone left.

9th of Galena:
Here was I worrying about anvils from traders when there is one just down the hallway installed in a charcoal power forge. I have told the armorer to reinstall the anvil in a magma forge.

20th of Galena:
Bismuth bronze suits of armor are now in production. Hopefully we will have the military armored before autumn and the coming goblin ambushes.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 09:07:42 pm »

Nice job so far. Just be sure not to dig too far to the right side of the map. We don't want to hit the HFS before we are ready for it!

xpCynic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 09:40:46 pm »

I think I'll take a turn in this. From what I saw of AFD's turn, I can pop in that reactions file with my cat fix and do this without the Mayday pack, right? I sort of don't like the Mayday pack.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:37 pm »

The Cat mouth thing and the reactions_all_economic.txt file are all you need to play this with a clean copy. And added you will have the sixth year.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 03:04:21 am »

Autumn 23

13th of Limestone:
Six bismuth bronze plate armor sets have been made. Our champs are nearly fully equipped.

15th of Limestone:
Today was hectic, A dwarven caravan arrived and was instantly set upon by goblin ambushers. I have ordered the champions out to defend Spearwonders.

16th of Limestone:
The Goblins were killed but not before they could scare away the caravan. Also a peasent was possessed by the demons again today.

24th of Limestone:
The possessed peasant created a horse bone buckler called 'Columnlures the Father of Wasps'... Can't say that I approve, but at least it's something, I hope it doesn't do what it's name says.

25th of limestone:
More goblins arrived. The champs who, quite luckily, I had told to guard the front gates made quick work of the foe.

10th of Sandstone:
Everything is going smoothly, production of the entrance aquarium is underway.

7th of Timber:
The guard is now being trained in hammers before learning the use of a crossbow. This will hopefully help the guard if they ever have to fight in close combat with their crossbows.

25th of Timber:
Nothing much is happening around here. Ordered miners to dig a few exploratory shafts, and told then to dig me a nicer room.

26th of Timber:
I installed some nice cinnabar cabinets and coffers in my room. It's looking much better already.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47:36 pm »

Winter 23

5th of Moonstone:
Winter already? I must have slept through a whole month...

11th of Moonstone:
The miners have struck precious aluminium. I was hoping for gold decorations in my room, but aluminum is expensive as well so it will do.

21st of Moonstone:
Ahh, I thought we were safe for the time being. That I could withdraw the champs to let them spar with their new weapons.
I was wrong. Bow goblins have sprung from an ambush.

22nd of Moonstone:
The champions were quick to get ready and saved us from the goblin menace.

23rd of Moonstone:
More goblins have shown up. Hopefully the champs can take care of them.

25th of Moonstone:
The champs took care of the goblins, but not before they could kill a hunter, a tanner and worst of all about 5 dogs.. Inspired by the fighting Terra was taken by a fey mood. I hope she finds what she wants.

26th of Moonstone:
As leader of this fortress, I hereby claim all artifacts made under my leadership as mine. I have installed the shell chain in my room and have attached a puppy to it.

27th of Moonstone:
Terra finished her work. A nice Quern, it'll look nice in my room.

5th of Opal:
We have stuck more bismuth and cassiterite. This means we can smelt some more of the wonderful bronze.

28th of Opal:
No, A baby snatcher made off with a baby born here at Spearwonders. This is dreadful news.

3rd of Obsidan:
My turn as leader is nearing an end. Hopefully I will get this aquarium done. I am also amazed that there have been no migrants this year.

30th of Obsidian:
The aquarium is incomplete. Hopefully the next in line can finish it off, all that needs to be done is build it up another two layers and pump the water in. Anyway it is time to hand power over to the next in line and hope the don't take away all the privileges I have given myself (Hehe Royal bedrooms, dinning room and study, Grand mausoleum).

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=923
Map: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-5168-spearwonders

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 02:19:46 pm »

Looking good AFD, Splendiferous your up!

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 01:42:46 pm »

Splendiferous You have until High Noon tomorrow to at least post confirmation of the start of your turn or you will be skipped.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 04:33:27 pm »

yo can I get in line on this puppy

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 06:32:21 pm »

Your up on the list Nil

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 05:50:55 pm »

Well times up Splediferous for not posting or letting us now it was being worked on Vieto your up!

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 07:13:41 pm »

downloading.

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 11:31:39 am »

Oh dear. I went to Germany for break and forgot all about this.
My sincerest apologies for any inconvenience I have caused.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 04:33:50 pm »

Spring 24:

1st Granite: I got the word today that I became the new leader of this though my metal working and wild animals are more important, I must take this role, as the Dungeon Master of this place. My first order of business? How about getting myself a room! And not just a small, meagre quarters I appear to be stuck with, but an actual room!

Also, I saw some unlabeled levers, which I decided to pull. Apparently, somone was standing on the bridges, and was flung into the moat. A rescue group has been sent, but I’m currently busy labeling those levers to prevent any more accidental losses in the future.

10th granite: After the mayor banned the export of animal traps, I began to dwelve into the idea of ‘hotkeys’. After a bit of fiddling, I found out that elves were headed our way. Personally, I think our Depot needs a future elf trap, but for now, I will welcome them.

4th Slate: I went to put some war dogs on our new chains, when I discovered: there are no war dogs, not even dogs, but puppies! Really, I do hope our military is adequate to deal with surprise goblin raids.

14th Slate: Dark Gnomes. I would be interested, but my mechanics are too lazy to set up any cage traps, so I guess they will just have to be slaughtered. A pity.

24th Slate: Immigrants came, 21 of them, so I put some on mining to get things done, and I also but some in the military. I suspect things will be better around here now.

11th Felsite: A peasant, with no skills what so ever, went fey on us. I’m curious as to what will be made, though I’m not really into crafts.

27th Felsite: I should have mentioned this earlier, but I’m digging out an improved Dining hall, which I am in the process of beginning to make an indoor waterfall for. Also, the new recruits are doing well in their training. I intent to give them all hammers and axes when they become champions, and then teach some hammer dwarfs to wield crossbows, though depending on how things work out, I may skip a step.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 01:41:01 am »

It's Alright Splendiferous, I will put you back in the running at the end of the list if you want.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5