Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Spearwonders Succession, Large World, Early Years  (Read 3854 times)

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spearwonders Succession, Large World, Early Years
« on: March 16, 2009, 03:18:09 pm »

SpearWonders is a normal DF succession that I have just started up with a friend with the founding dwarfnames based off of our online group of let's players.

Myself and Ankarua who should be posting soon are the first two in line of succession. If anyone else wishes to join the succession just post also if you want dwarves named post that as well.

Also, this is done on 40d, not 40d9 not that it matters much. Also The entire game foldersave file will be zipped into the archive rather than just the save just for simplicities sake.
 This uses the mike mayday repack which can be downloaded from the first link below. (thank AFD forgot to mention that earlier) feel free to do what you need to the init files.
Succession
1. Deathstar175       Year 21 <Complete>
2. Ankarua              Year 22  <Complete> 
3. A_Fey_Dwarf       Year 23  <Complete>
4. Splendiferous       <skipped>
5. Vieto                  Year 24 <Complete>
6. xpCynic               <skipped and moved to end>
7. nil                      Year 25 <Complete>
8. Carcer                Year 26 <Current>
9. Deathstar175
10. Ankarua
11. nil

Unnamed Dwarf List

DF to use for this game : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=899
First Year Save File : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=897
Second Year Save File : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=904
Third Year Save File : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=923
Third Year Map File: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-5168-spearwonders
Fourth Year Save File: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=956
Fifth Year Save File: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=967
Fifth Year Map File: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5515-spearwonders
First Year next post.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:39:39 am by deathstar175 »

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearwonders Succession, Large World, Early Years
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:18:44 pm »

Diary of "Deathy" Alakdastot

1st of Obsidian, Year 20
   The Queen has decided to send 14 dwarves out into the wilds to set up a new Fortress against the greenie menace otherwise known as Goblins. The area has been decided and I have been voted as the first Leader of SpearWonders. I have decided to keep this diary of our exploits in the lands although I don't rightly know how often I will have time to write. I have also left a map of the area we are being sent to.

29th of Obsidian, Year 20

Many weeks have passed since leaving the mountain homes on this journey for new lands. From the start of this journey we knew hardships would be ours, little did we expect half our expedition to die leaving us with only seven, 6 men and one lady alive until more dwarves come. his is our first day at a new site for construction.

1st of Granite, Year 21 

Our wagon has finally seen its last day as we arrived at a suitable area to begin digging. The land itself seems to be pointing us in the right direction as we have ample supplies of magma cut of from our people by a mear dwarflength. We seem to be doing well and will strike the earth and lay out a basic foothold for our soon to be grandoise fortress.

28th of Granite, Year 21
   Construction is going well, rooms are being dug out as we speak and beds are being constructed so we can sleep on something other than sand.  Goron50 came and spoke to me earlier today and asked when our stoneworks were going to be completed. Soon enough I replied as I continued work.

1st of Hematite, Year 21
   The bedrooms are almost finished. We have decided to plan ahead and build many more rooms than necessary in case of immigration. As it stands we almost have 30 bedrooms as well as a barracks. Construction of the dining hall and trade depot as well as defenses for exposed throughways in the fort will be the next objective for these dwarves.

1st of Galena, Year 21
   The Bedrooms are finished as is our makeshift dining room which is quickly being filled with enough tables and thrones to be considered legendary in its own right. The barracks are being improved slightly to allow more room for sparring when the time comes.

1st of Limestone, Year 21
   The summer passed by in a flurry of work quickly the changing seasons will be reaching winter. We are expecting a caravan and liason from the mountain homes sometime in the next couple months and are preparing for them with many simple crafts as well as some very delicious food.

12th of Limestone, Year 21
   At last the dwarven caravan has arrived preparations are being made and various goods are being brought out for them.

11th of Sandstone, Year 21
   After much time I feel that the trades we perused with the dwarven caravan were within our favor. We happily set them on their way with a bit of our food and some special bolts. We should be seeing quite a bit of wood coming from them in the coming years and hopefully we will buy much of it as a growing fort is always in need of wood. As for the liason I have requested lots of food and booze we should see quite a bit with the next caravan. With them they also brought tidings of kobolds roaming the nearby countryside and warned us to safe guard our fortress from thier thieves.

18th of Sandstone, Year 21
   We were surpised to hear other dwarven voices in the distance and even more surprised considering that the liason had just left. Migrants have arrived adding much needed extra workforce as well as hope for the next generation that has yet to be concieved in the fortress. In total we recieved 8 new faces this is great as we can now start doing a great many things with them.

9th of Timber, Year 21
   The migrants are working quite contentedly and prosperously in thier old and new professions. I have achieved something great today as well, I am a legendary bookkeeper, and have calculated the exact totals of everything we have. Now to keep it curren.

1st of Moonstone, Year 21
   Winter has finally arrived, we will soon know if we will get a freeze and if we do we must prepare for the winter incase of any emergencies.

20th of Moonstone, Year 21
   Kobolds have found our Fortress at last, fortunately they were found by our woodcutter Robikku, who quickly seized the opportunity and sliced the kobolds in two.

1st of Granite, Year 22
   The first of the new year has finally arrived, my time as the overseer is over, and new blood must now take over for the time being. I have left the fortress in good condition with few things to note, first of all the bedrooms have been expanded much farther east the I originally planned but turned out alright. Secondly the large open foyer needs to be walled in on the next area up. I wish the next overseer much booze and delight.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:22:33 pm »

If anyone else wants to join in just post, same thing if you want to be dwarfed.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:26:46 pm »

Can't say that I will write a whole lot, but I'll give it a go.
Name a mason/glassmaker/animal trainer after me. I intend to build a box out of green glass blocks/windows and then fill it with water, maybe dump some animals in it.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 11:18:21 pm »

Glad to have you on AFD, we will let you decide who to become when you get the save which should be in the next day or so.

Splendiferous

• Bay Watcher
  • Psychotic. Primate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:23:00 pm »

I'll take a turn.
"He returns once every thousand years! Or if the stars align! Or whenever he's bored."

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 11:57:41 pm »

Noted Splend, I will send a message when your turn comes up.

Ankarua

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 08:44:15 pm »

Diary of "Terra" Sokanmelbil

Year 2 of the new Fortress.

1st of Granite

Today, control of the fortress was turned over to me, as the overseer.  I hope I do well.

Early Spring

We just received our first Elven caravan! *mumbling now* Tree hugging hypocrites... What?  NOTHING.

Middle of Spring

Apparently our fortress seems to be doing really good (for good reason, they have ME as a miner!), as we got a large of Migrants this season.

Early Summer

One of our group seems moody lately

Middle-ish of Summer

Rejoice!  One of our dwarves has made an artifact!

Middle of Summer

The humans came by today.  I didn't hear what we wanted from them, but I walked into the hall as they were discussing with "Deathy" Alakdastot what they wanted from us:

(Note: there might have been some Migrants here)

Middle of Autumn

I just heard! One of our Stoneworkers was ambushed by Goblins!  However our Champions ambushed the ambushers, and made quick work of them.

Late Autumn

We have more migrants!

Late Autumn as well

One of the new Armorsmiths has been taken by a strange mood.

Early Winter

The Armorsmith has crafted a Pewter shield!

(Note:  Sorry, but I forgot to get pictures of this)

And not much happened for the middle, and the end of Winter, just the outside wall being almost complete.

Here's the end of year stocks:

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 09:00:01 pm »

A_Fey_Dwarf come on down! It is now your turn to lead this fortress into hope, into life, and probably into the magma!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 09:28:06 pm »

O.K. Received the file. Will work on it tonight.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 09:35:24 pm »

I would like to sign up.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 09:48:04 pm »

Gotcha Vieto, Your # 5 on the list.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 02:22:44 am »

Had a couple of problems with getting the mods the mayday pack adds sorted out.

Maybe you should warn any other players who wish to join and aren't using the graphics pack that they need to add the reaction_all_economic.txt file and the cat mouth stuff from Mayday's pack.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 04:22:09 am »

Anyway I have the Spring update, more will come soon.

Spring 23
1st of Granite
A_Fey_Dwarf, Mason, glass maker and animal trainer signing up for duty. I have been tasked the duty of looking after Spearwonders for a year while the leaders have a rest. I hope the power doesn't go to my simple peasant head.

2nd of Granite
Today I just carried out hauling rocks like everyone else. It's all anybody ever seems to do round here, I woulda thought my new found power would mean something. No more hauling? A day off? Breakfast in bed? Nope nothing.

3rd of Granite:
As first order of business, I ordered Terra and the other miners to stop hauling stuff around and get to work mining out a magma shaft for much needed workshops.

4th of Granite:
Aaaand... No one listens to me. Terra has gone of to sleep on me and the other miners are no where to be found. Perhaps I should give this place some stricter rules. Teach the Dwarves here to respect their leader.

5th of Granite:
Ah Ha. I found the problem with everyone moving rocks around. For some strange reason, the previous adviser decided that all rocks be moved outside. I didn't even realize this was the case. I was just moving rocks because all the cool dwarves were. I have removed the stone designation, hopefully that will speed the dwarves up with other things.

6th of Granite:
I checked the food stores today, it appears we have a tonne of various food items but are running low on drink.

I will tell our brewers to brew some more of that sweat dwarven nectar that everyone loves.

7th of Granite:
The miners have finally started working on the magma shaft and furnace rooms.

9th of Granite:
Elves have arrived. I wonder what they have to offer... I will only trade if they bring an exotic animal. Also I wish someone would tell me what these levers by the front bridges do.

15th of Granite:
The Elves brought loads of wood, one of the first times I have ever seen a useful Elven caravan. I decided to hold back my hate towards their species and trade. Hopefully next year they will bring back more wood, or even a rare animal.

27th of Granite:
Nothing much has happened. I have ordered a garbage dump to be dug over the 'soon to be filled with magma' shaft. Hopefully that can sort out our stone problems.

3rd of Slate:
I have told the farmers to stop farming one of the plots. We are currently getting too many plump helmets for our barrels to hold. If we continue farming at this rate, we will run out of empty barrels, then we will get a problem with brewing drinks.

14th of Slate:
The mining of the shaft is still progressing. The defensive masonry work outside is done. Now I have to think of what to do with all of these idle dwarves.

16th of Slate:
We have struck Cinnabar, There are rumors among philosophers that this stone contains a magical liquid metal. For now it is just a pretty red stone, I reckon it will make good mugs.

20th of Slate:
A fishery worker went crazy today. He ran around babbling about needing to create an artifact for the spirits that reside on our dig site. He claimed a craftdwarves workshop and collected some stuff to build his artifact out of.

28th of Slate:
The possessed fisher finished his work today. It turned out to be a turtle shell chain. How that works, don't ask me...

9th of Felsite:
The dungeon master arrived at Spearwonders today. He arrived at the perfect time seeing as our forges are almost ready.

15th of Felsite:
The magma has filled 1/7 of the way up.

22nd of Felsite:
I have told the miners to dig some shortcuts between areas as currently everyone is taking the long way around, I have also ordered the idlers to start dumping any stone that is in the way down the rubbish chute.

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 05:04:54 am »

Thanks AFD forgot about that as it's what I normally use, ive updated the information in the first post. And good first season. Looking at the dining room and bedroom area i did notice that the entrances had been walled off by Ankarua for some reason.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5