Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Now mustering for the ogre camp Labamustro (Community)  (Read 2923 times)

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
Re: Now mustering for the ogre camp Labamustro (Community)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 11:41:46 pm »

Sixth Day of Granite in the Third Year of the New Age

After some organizing of a mason’s hut and a fisherman’s hut, the ogres have begun to colonize the cave nearby to where they settled in this land. ‘Cudgel’ has been assigned to keep watch over construction of a feast hall just inside the entrance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:10:07 am by Old-Man-Gator »

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McMason has been feeling clever lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 07:22:20 am »

If our food supply starts to actually look poor, I think we ought to perhaps try to dig channels from our brook/river to create more fishing sites.

I believe Drunka would call it "Dig for fishies."
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 02:42:25 am »

'Shovel's fish/turtle/lamprey cleaning made easy:

1. Get fish/turtle/lamprey/goblin.
2. Make sure it's dead and dry by smacking it into a hard rock for twelve minutes (fourteen minutes if very thick).
3. Take shovel and scrape off messy parts, like scales, shells, flesh, and organs.
4. READY FOR COOKIN' ON A SHOVEL!

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 08:59:21 am »

Another thing on the mind is if things are going well, then we ought to see about our main folks preferences for items and food, and meet the ones that we can.  Tempers can run hot for Ogre types so keeping people happy  should come soon after keeping people fed.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 03:55:29 am »

Righto

I have been away a couple of days doing stuff out of town.

Back now and writing up the game plan for the next couple of months/seasons for the fort.

Bamorrow wants the swamps given some kind of channels to increase water area. I might ogre-fy this idea but I will try and put it in.

Stockpiles for favoured foods. This is a very ogrish idea. We don't want wastage, that is the only issue regarding food.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 04:13:44 am »

Eighteenth Day of Felsite in the Third Year of the New Age

‘Shovel’ wandered a little far from the protection of ‘Cudgel’ today and ran into some of the cave denizens. Fortunately they were batmen and not much trouble for the cook to take care of. ‘Shovel’ remains still within the cave for the moment.

‘Shovel’ emerged a few hours later with the corpses of a couple of batmen and an annoyed look on her face. The ogres have begun to try and block off some access in the cavern complex in order to control access to the surface levels from below.

Meanwhile, ‘Tardicus’ is providing the lion’s share of the food while ‘Cudgel’ is assigned to guard duty. I expect ‘Cudgel’ will contribute greatly once he is no longer required to keep the builders safe.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 11:05:00 pm »

Twelfth Day of Hematite in the Third Year of the New Age

Word has travelled around the camp that the guard ‘Cudgel’ has slain a Minotaur in the cave. ‘Drunka’ has immediately ordered ‘Gronk’ to carve out living quarters for the warrior and is probably serving the remains of the beast to ‘Cudgel’ at the time I am writing this entry.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:54:47 am by Old-Man-Gator »

bamorrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 11:19:59 pm »

Cudgel defeats the Minotaur!  Huzzah!

Among Cudgel's prefs were Rhyolite, and I'm curious to see if we were lucky enough to have any of that stone on our site.

Also, anyone else notice that Gronk has `slow to anger'?  Clearly Gronk must be afforded a position of responsibility with that must patience at her disposal.
KAlSi3O8

AdvancedBen2E

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 01:47:17 am »

I think they ate the skull though, never found a minotaur skull to make a totem out of.

As for 'Gronk', yeah. She is a bit of a strange one, as all the other ogres (with names) tend to be angry, active buggers.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 04:23:42 am »

Twenty Third Day of Malachite in the Third Year of the New Age

Work has commenced on digging out a barracks close to the entrance to the cave. ‘Cudgel’ is likely to be bolstered by any otherwise useless ogres that wander into the environs of Polish Dark. ‘Drunka’ has made it quite clear that she wants ‘Cudgel’ out hunting meat as soon as he is able.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 08:19:22 am »

Seems that ogres are seriously subject to angry spirals, that and I'm having a bit of trouble staying motivated at present. Anyway, I'll put up the rest of the journal entries up until Winter 06 and move on to my next phase project.

Uploaded the initia save and raws to the DF File Depot.

Uploading the latest save and raws to the DF File Depot.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 08:21:53 am »

What's Hacka up to?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 09:12:52 am »

Last I knew, Hacka was busily demolishing trees

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 09:16:10 am »

First Day of Limestone in the Third Year of the New Age

‘Rawhide’ encountered a small pack of naked mole dogs while removing rotten meat from within the cavern today. While he was uninjured, he was somewhat irritated at being unable to eat the ugly little menaces and asked ‘Cudgel’ for some help.

It seems the hunter will still be of use for some time in keeping his fellows safe.

Twentieth Day of Slate in the Fourth Year of the New Age

A band of ogres arrived at the eastern edge of Polish Dark territory and are moving toward the cave.

They are led by an ogre who calls himself ‘Gum’ and have arrived from the Jaundiced Bone. ‘Drunka’ of course is not tardy in assigning a number of the new arrivals to the barracks. The normal ogre instincts are sure to follow.

Others of the band have been assigned to clearing the forest and various other duties around the camp with an emphasis on construction and food carting.

Nineteenth Day of Hematite in the Fourth Year of the New Age

Kobolds seem to have found the encampment; one of the new warriors whose name is ‘Bluto’ chased a pair of the filth out of the cave earlier with some of his fellow trainees in tow.

While no valuables went missing, ‘Drunka’ voiced concerns to her founding fellows about this being a sign of things to come. As a result, more warriors have been selected from the ogres present in the camp.

Twenty Fourth Day of Malachite in the Fourth Year of the New Age

An ogre by the name of Ogo produced a larch crown after a week or so sequestered away in one of the crafting huts. The crown is quite remarkable for ogre craftsmanship and the craftsman has received some prestige among his fellows.

Twenty Seventh Day of Sandstone in the Fourth Year of the New Age

Another band of ogres is approaching Polish Dark from the southwest led by a female (called Ngaxa as it happens). It remains to be seen what these ogres want, I am expecting these are more fellows from the Jaundiced Bone.

Fourteenth Day of Timber in the Fourth Year of the New Age

One of the new ogres has retreated inside one of the crafting huts and refuses to come out. Her name is Lasut, one of the first of the reinforcements, and she was assigned to making use of the bone piles around the camp.

Nearby ogres report she is looking for cut gems, which are in short supply. I wonder if she is possessed by the spirit of a dead dwarf. In any event, she may not be with the camp much longer.

As it happens, Lasut emerged from the hut and started ambling among the other ogres after a week or more, looking forlorn.

Thirteenth Day of Obsidian in the Fourth Year of the New Age

‘Drunka’ has reported being attacked by an irate peasant in her quarters, when I investigated the situation she was found to have a sprained wrist and a strained knee. The ogre who did this, who goes by the name of Xodu, is still at large.

‘Cudgel’ has expressed the desire to punish this Xodu, in a surprising show of solidarity.

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 09:17:57 am »

Twenty Third Day of Obsidian in the Fourth Year of the New Age

The forlorn ogre Lasut died some time this week. The vent has caused a number of highly strung ogres to grow angry at how things are at Polish Dark. Some have thrown tantrums, including a particularly violent individual who went on a rampage through the trading area, destroying several crates and rendering the depot temporarily unusable.

Third Day of Slate in the Fifth Year of the New Age

A number of elven traders who say they are from The Copper Buck arrived to trade plants and fibers today. While ‘Drunka’ is still recuperating, ‘Shovel’ has taken over trading duties with supervision from ‘Drunka’ and seems to be doing quite well at hiding wooden cups and craft work while trading seeds, useless plants and leather to the merchants.

Twelfth Day of Hematite in the Fifth Year of the New Age

The heat of summer has brought with it a caravan from my home; I will make myself scarce for the moment while ‘Shovel’ deals with the merchants. 

While the merchants were trading at the cave entrance depot, the bodyguards amused themselves by slaughtering a passing kobold.

The merchant’s visit has been roundly seen as a good thing as the camp has been able to secure some animals and an anvil amongst other things, as well as a new hammer for ‘Bluto’. The ogres will be bolstered by the ability to create metal weapons and armour in the near future.

Twenty Second Day of Hematite in the Fifth Year of the New Age

An ogre contemporary of ‘Gum’ created a yellow stone amulet while attention was fixed upon the human trading delegation. While the object is not particularly valuable, the ogre in question has asked ‘Drunka’ to be allowed to try his hand at stone carving.

‘Drunka’ in turn has graciously allowed the fellow to try to bring more wealth to the camp, as well as turning out high quality stone axes.

Also, the ogre ear marked as a hunter ‘Premer’ announced today that he will not be hunting again. Given the size and skill of the fellow, ‘Drunka’ seems to agree with the assessment, but has wisely asked the warrior to keep a look out for goblins when he is not talking about how powerful he is to other ogres.

Fifteenth Day of Limestone in the Fifth Year of the New Age

A caravan of dwarven traders arrived from The Short Mechanism earlier this week. While they were setting up, an ogre named Slozgo created a wooden amulet that is referred to as Rosyround the Contingent of Greed. I am at a loss as to why these artefacts are coming from the hands of possessed ogres, they are not especially good with their hands.

However, the end results speak for themselves.

‘Drunka’ and ‘Shovel’ on the other hand are organizing an effort to have the artefacts kept in a special chamber. I assume this is to keep them out of the hands of light fingered kobolds.

Sixteenth Day of Moonstone in the Fifth Year of the New Age

One of the woodcutters was clearly not impressed with the quality of their crude stone axe, for they commandeered a crafting hall to work on a new chopper. The result was a little unexpected, a bone axe that ended up being quite fanciful. I have sketched the artefact below.

The vaunted ogre waterworks project that ‘Drunka’ has been planning while recovering from her wrist injury turned out to be a dam. The builders put it together over the course of a week or so and ‘Gronk’ and her team dug out a diversion for the brook to fill it.

Twelfth Day of Slate in the Sixth Year of the New Age

An ogre beast tamer and keeper of the Glutton’s dungeons arrived this week and with his arrival, the population of the camp is up around a hundred ogres.

Pages: 1 [2] 3