Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38002 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

OH CRAP YOU GUYS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

I'll, um... I'll have the Value-editor edit some values of the other ships in the area (nothing major, just like screwing up their clocks and stuff) for practice. I myself will once again disembark the Morning Star, and methodically check each building in search of a prophesy display.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that the prophecy will probably mutate to fulfill whatever we do, so trying to find it is futile.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Most likely including dieing.

▼ ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:05:59 am by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that the prophecy will probably mutate to fulfill whatever we do, so trying to find it is futile.
Curses! How did you find out?
Aaanyway, I am now really rolling the turn.
Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought you people wanted rolls, but no, let's post a tvtropes link, sure...okay, we'll see the update soon, like in a couple months or so.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanted to call this turn 'Faust Errol' (which I'm sure errol at least would understand (and hopefully grin nervously at)) but you can't format titles so yeah.

I create the required materials, or give Digital an explanation how to do so.
I sing a song to help Errol create the materials needed.
| Errol racks his unconscious mind for a way to obtain railroad materials.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A song of summoning springs to mind. Errol and Digital Hellhound begin to sing it. The ground begins to shake, and, like, sulphurous smoke spirals into the sky and stuff.
| And lo, there arose from the ground a beast of hideuos appearance, with the tentacles, and he red skin, and the horns and the lobster claws, and it was all like:
"ROOARGH"
And everyone was all like;
"Oh shit the fucking prophesy is coming to pass"
And Eroll was all like|;
"Give me some fuel cells, bitch!"
And digital was all like |;
"Yeah, fuel cells! And some electronics and machine parts!"
And the big monster thing was all like; "ROAARGH", and then errol and digital had all the electronics, machine parts, fuel cells, and metal needed to build their railroads. It also attempted to steal their souls |, but what with their souls being so shrunken and twisted, it gave up after a while.
And then the big ass monster went on a rampage | of medium proportions, killing one population point, and doing 4 points of collateral damage to stuff.
This tactical location has gained the penalty; big ass demon (-1 to all rolls that require the absence of monsters and disasters)

Quote from: Errol&Digital's workforce
Keep working
| The workers, noting notefully the big ass monsters their masters can summon, set to work with a vigour. They finish clearing the rubble, laying the tracks (-8 units of metal, -2 units of machine parts).
|The left over demonic potential leaks into them, making of them Demonic Railtracks (20 units)

Quote from: Demonic Railtrack
I didn't even exist a minute ago, and unlike some RTD's the AI cannot see the future and thus it's actions are not geared to work with previous player or otherwise actions!
| Your petty complaints fall on deaf ears, and the GM heartlessly decides to make you laugh evilly
| You are just railway track, you can't laugh, demonic or no!
(Now available for it-better-be-funny first come first serve actions)

I'll return to the ship, and have somebody unload the spice. I'll also try to get some people to upgrade the ship, hopefully defensively.
| You return to the ship, where you unload the spice yourself.
Unfortunately, people are too busy running away from a giant demon thing to help you do anything, let alone defensively.

I attempt to mutate the pillz into additional minions. Menawhile my current minions will run into the portal I opened and randomly attack the nearest person they find on the other side.
| You attempt to mutate the pillz, but alas! You cannot open the bottle. Even your superior intellect is mystified by it's child-blocking capabilities. You try twisting it, hitting it, and pulling it, but nothing works!
MEANWHILE
|Your MINIONS travel through the portal, into a busy shipping lane. On account of how it is busy there is no lack of things to attack BUT your MINIONS are made of splattered enemy hacker and thus require OXYGEN AND CRAP to survive. | Fortunately they get caught by a passing | Merchant brig of some sort. The crew of the Brig | are all like; OH SHIT SPACE MONSTERS.

I try to ask a random person what the hell is going on.
| You try your very hardest to ask someone what is going on.
| You jump off the Morning Star and ask everyone you see what is going on. The answer is usually along the lines of;
"Shit man there is a fucking huge satan thing are you blind or something?"
| Suddenly a man runs up to you and punches you in the face. | he knocks you unconscious.
You awake later in a dark room, tied to a beanbag.
A voice in the shadows reliably informs you that no one expects the Monty Python reference in the middle of an RTD. You mumble through your gag (did I mention you were gagged) that everyone expects such references and indeed many people were wondering wtf was taking them so long.

I get all the prophecy I can from Tinkerchap II. If he refuses, I'll threaten him.
| You briefly consider threatening Tinkerchap when you recall that he knows barely a few dozen extra lines of the prophesy, most of which are irrelevant! Ha ha!
You walk off, laughing to yourself.
Tinkerchap takes the opportunity to, as we say in Dutchlands, pear him. That is, he runs off.

I request a reality roll!
| Same as always.

I myself will once again disembark the Morning Star, and methodically check each building in search of a prophesy display.
You already have a prophesy display!
You instead decide to hack the exceedingly large evil otherworldly being running around.
| You manage to make a connection with the ethereal monstrosity. It's thoughts are, however, to ethereal and monsterous to comprehend, let alone hack.
A flash, and your prophesy display flashes up;
BIG ASS MONSTER DEMON GIANT THING
6/6/6 Bam. class
Standard battle: Personnel
      No penalty for duelling
Bonus: -1 to enemy morale, +2 to defence against magic.
Notes: This creature is a Bam. class. Bam stands for Big Ass Monster.
Well how about that.
Anywho, your value editor.
| The value editor scoots around hacking defences, looking for a weak one. It finally finds one merely defended by three BNCR-201's, and engages in contact.
THESE PEOPLE ARE MAKING A MOCKERY OF YOUR HONED BATTLE SYSTEMS

Quote from: thunderclan
trip balls
| You steer your vessel under the legs of a giant volleyball. As it steps forwards, it stumbles, falling down into the bright liquid. You laugh at your shenanigans, until you see several fins heading towards it. The volleyball thrashes, crying in pain, and you see the water turn red. It slowly sinks beneath the waves. A terrible feeling of terribleness comes upon you.
Fortunately, with that, you return to sanity. You are now unconscious.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Pyromaniac (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Value editor1.5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ririka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Please point out any mistakes.
[/quoet]
[/puoet]
[/quoet]
[/puoet]
[/quoet]
[/rabble]
[/quitee]
[/quote]

Edit: Digital: pwned!
The irony is somewhat that I was infact spending my time doing a bunch of stuff, including tvtropes, and that Nirur posting a link to it gave me the motivation to actually do this instead of that.
that story, although short and morally satisfying, is not true in the slightest.
LOOK, ZULUS!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:53:58 pm by NUKE9.13 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops.
Terry Pratchett reference?

I order the Big Ass Monster to help build the railroad.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Terry Pratchett reference?
Read 'em all, apart from one or two obscure non discworld books. Namely, truckers and diggers (read the last one)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, you're blaming me for breaking the universe!
Oops, sorry.

Well then. I'll convince some people that they're really great engineers, and that they can fix or improve anything mechanical that I ask them to.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

I laugh maniacly and run into the portal, trying to rip open the PEELZ. Meanhwile, my minions will attempt to mutate the nearest person to themselves.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile

Err...
I try to escape the dark room.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:59:24 pm by Ririka »
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I start crashing around in his store of random crap, looking for anything that will be of use to me or that is related to the prophecy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

I tell the big ass demon: "Look, either you vanish instantly, or I'll beat you over the head with THIS holy... um... kitchen tool!" I then proceed to do so if the BAD does not obey.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

BACK onto the ship AGAIN, and help the Value-Editor in its decidedly nonstandard epic battle.

I also instruct the Value Editor to move in a generally left-ish direction sneakily. With surprisingness. And ninja-editing skills. And stuff. Hoping like hell that A Certain Trope works in my favor since I was so vague about the upgrades to the Value Editor.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33