Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 37991 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 27- I say do I detect plot? I do indeed.
« Reply #420 on: May 19, 2009, 11:35:29 am »

I help Errol.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2009, 09:44:00 am »

The replacement crew member has been selected.
By the waiting list, top to bottom, 4/10-3/10-2/10-1/10 chance, and Ririka was selected. Hurrah. He is the fellow thrown over the warship, who now stands on the Morning Star's deck. Inventory & skills are being chosen.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2009, 11:24:56 am »

:D
Well, I'd like to be something like a fighter/rogue thing?...
I'm not really sure about the skills though.
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 20, 2009, 12:07:19 pm »

:D
Well, I'd like to be something like a fighter/rogue thing?...
I'm not really sure about the skills though.
No worries.
Letssee.
fighter/rogue thing.
Competent stealth, Competent lightsaberer (dual wielding), merchant, sailor (free), gunner (free), lockpicker, talker, novice mage, novice scryer, novice hacker.
2 deluxe lightsabers (short, 'the force' auto retrieval, stylish black handle thingies, colour modification (free action). Current colours: purple and purple), lockpicks, eyepatch of sight (+1 accuracy), enchantment suit (+1 to agility rolls).
Spells: Scrying.
Damage: Light bruising.
You land on the deck of the Morning Star | with a roll. | You bruise your self a little, nothing serious.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 25, 2009, 10:02:26 am »

Am rolling now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 25, 2009, 12:12:10 pm »

I return to the Morning Star, and instruct the Value Editor to locate the smuggler vessel, and hack whatever is necessary to learn what the hell the X/Y/Z numbers are that the ships (not to mention myself) have.
|You return to the morning star where you set to hacking anything you can find in order to find out what your stats mean. A brief search of the local library reveals that they are abstract concepts related to various forms of battle; duel, personnel, ships, and large-scale. The stats are the same throughout battle forms, being attack-defence-movement/agility. You are what is called a character, capable of duelling. Your stats refer to your ability in doing so. When in a personnel battle, your stats work on a lesser scale. In a ship battle, they effect things even less. In a large-scale battle you hardly effect things at all. However, your bonus stats (+x/+y/+z), affect all battles equally- namely increasing the stats of one unit of the class Mch. There is a list of classes; Sbr., Gun., Snp., Hkr., Mch., Hvw., Arm., Mov., and Shp.
Your Ld. Stat affects the amount of units you can command. Units with 2Ld. or less are not capable of commanding themselves. Units with a Ld. of 5 or higher can command squads and ships. An Ld. 7 or higher is required to lead fleets, and only units with an Ld. of 10 (or, hypothetically, higher) can command large-scale battles. As an example, a basic pirate squad is a 4/2/4, Sbr. class, but can be set to Gun. class in large scale battles. Their standard battle is personnel. This means they have a decent attack and movement when fighting other squads, although they suffer an attack and defence penalty when not in close combat. When in large-scale combat they allow for your army to count as having an extra low-level gun unit.
Clearly these people are insane.

I'll find and ask Pyromaniac, Three Eyed Pete, or Tinkerchap the second for my prophesy display, so that they can keep me up to date with each line in the prophesy that happens.
| Confused, you set off to find someone to lead you to one of those. Outside the factory, you stop a passerby, who | screams and runs off. Great. You walk along twisting street-like areas, until you encounter someone else, | who, to your call of 'Pyro? Three-eyed pete? Tinkerchap?', points you in the direction of a mooring tower some way along. He then recognises you, screams, and runs off.
Aaaanyway, you head over to the mooring tower, which has several shops at its base, selling all kinds of random crap. You enter one at random. | The shopkeeper doesn't talk to you, but gives you a note:
"Wrong store, Saviour. Try three doors down"
|You see no reason not to obey the note, happily walking into a seemingly identical store, where an old man hands you a prophesy display (you know the kind). He starts to yammer about something |, the usual stuff; downfall of the evil government, you are the saviour, attack fergus first, yada yada yada. Man, why won't he shut up?

I grab a random person and hold them to the ground, threatening them with death if they don't tell me where I can go to Tinkerchap and (if possible) I start going towards Tinkerchap.
| You grab the nearest random person (ririka), hold them to the ground, and threaten them with death.
Once satisfied that Ririka will forever be in fear of you, you set of for Tinkerchap II's random crap store. You do not muck about with the fake 'other stores'. Having completed your goal, you decide to mess with some of Tinkerchap's random crap. | Tinkerchap recovers from his shock and kindly asks you to stop messing with his fine façade of random crap. As he is holding a large device of aggressive implementation you decide to do what he says.

I go back into the Morning Star and task my MINIONS into guarding the portal into the Pirate base. I will then attmept to turn my ludicrous lightsaber shield thing into a suicide pill.
| You command your MINIONS to guard the portal. Unfortunately they cannot fly. | You create a portal with your lightshield for them to guard instead. Now if anyone on that busy shipping lane should happen to enter this portal, they will face two angry globs of goo to stop them!
Anyway, you attempt to turn your lightshield into a suicide pill. You realise that you are standing in a place with more pills per square meter than a '70s nightclub, so you decide to go looking for some instead.  | The factory the Morning Star is parked in yields a crate of bottles labelled: 

Suicide pills
Family edition!
Keep out of reach of children
Apply annaly. Well, you don't have to, but hey, your life sucks already, right?
No seriously. Oral ingestion may cause... well, ok, never mind.

Dammit, it has one of those child-protection caps.

I scare the crap out of the population and ask for railroads. And brains donations
I help Errol.
| You combine forces to make a guy in pink being flown around by a mage type fellow, using It's projector function in order to project the traumatising sign explaining the function of this bit. A diagram of It shows the bit in question.
The population must make a cry-in-a-ball-on-the-ground check. | Many are struck down, others, seeing the detestation inflicted on their fellows, flee with their eyes on the ground. Nevertheless, a third of the population have been demoralized completely. The others are suffer a -1 morale penalty.
You land in order to acquire railroads and brain donations. The demoralized population is too traumatized to work! You turn to the rest. | You acquire a bunch of people to do your bidding. They start work on a railroad. You will require metal and machine parts for the tracks (4/1 per 10 units of track), building materials and electronics for the supporting infrastructure (2/1 per building), and metal, machine parts, electronics, and fuel cells for the trains (4/2/1/2 per 4 engines). | The workers clear enough land for 20 units of track and two buildings. They do not have enough resources to continue (available resources: 12 scrap (can be processed into 4 building materials, or 6 metal)

This place is scary.
(|You decide to leave acquiring brains until you have a use in mind, as brains are notoriously hard to preserve.)

Quote from: Thunderclan
Bla bla bla something about being on holiday, put me on AI
Stop being high.
|You briefly struggle. Your surrounding stabilise somewhat. Things (unreal things) come into focus a bit. You leave your office, admiring portraits of your dogs. A blue elevator carries you to the foyer. Here you see Katsuun pass by, looking for pills. You also see a puddle of carbonated beverage. You board a vessel sailing it. Pretty colours swirl. 

Quote from: ririka
Be a fighter/rogue thing.
| You have just been threatened with death! This is no time to consider your true calling!
You girdle your loins instead | You girdle your loins most greatly. Infact, they have girdled away your fear of Cheeetar in the process.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Pyromaniac (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Value editor1.5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ririka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Please point out any mistakes.
[/quoet]
[/puoet]
[/quoet]
[/puoet]
[/quoet]
[/rabble]
[/quitee]

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

I create the required materials, or give Digital an explanation how to do so.

I then ponder the question of braaaaaaaains storage.

Our workforce shall... continue working.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll return to the ship, and have somebody unload the spice. I'll also try to get some people to upgrade the ship, hopefully defensively.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

I attempt to mutate the pillz into additional minions. Menawhile my current minions will run into the portal I opened and randomly attack the nearest person they find on the other side.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Ririka

• Bay Watcher
  • 1 out of 8000
    • View Profile

I try to ask a random person what the hell is going on.
Call me Rika.
'I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about,'said Twoflower.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I get all the prophecy I can from Tinkerchap II. If he refuses, I'll threaten him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

I request a reality roll!

Nuke 9.13 joined on December 01, 2007, 01:01:01 AM. Odd.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:30:18 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sing a song to help Errol create the materials needed.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I request a reality roll!

Nuke 9.13 joined on December 01, 2007, 01:01:01 AM. Odd.
Huh.
Never noticed. I think my first post isn't until a few months later, though.
Aaanyway, I'll roll later today.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note to Nuke: Waiting list needs updating. Ririka is no longer waiting.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33