Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38164 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 16- yeah yeah sloops
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2009, 09:15:17 pm »

I'll get to work repairing our galleon.
Say what?
You currently have a sloop. You may soon have a wrecked caravel.

Ok, repairing the sloop.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 16- Explosive sloop-on-caravel action.
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2009, 07:11:50 am »

Time for update time.

After setting the Morning Star within boarding range of the caravel, I notice Org floundering about like he's blind, and use psychology to convince him that he is not blind. Convince a magic-user of anything strongly enough, and it becomes reality.
You walk up to org. He has a blindfold on. You remove it. | The blindfold is black, and made of expensive cloth. Certainly not something that was on the ship before.
No time to think about it, there is a caravel to board! You orientate the Morning star so that the gravity fields are alligned. The caravel is now boardable.
You girdle your loins. | You don't know how to girdle your loins!

I'll get to work repairing our sloop.
| You don't have any time to repair anything. You draw your lightsaber and prepare to repel boarders instead.

I finish off the Caravel.
| The caravel looks pretty much finished. So you boost up your flying and fly over to the caravel, stocking up on magic as you go.| Preparing magic whilst flying is hard though, so you don't manage to stockpile any attacks.

I try to find a way to close the other portals, then test it out by opening a portal into the galleon, again.
Galleon or caravel?
| Either way, you forgot how to deactivate portals. Eventually you just restart the system. There is no time to mess with these, there are boarders to repel!
Mutate: No.

I knock a crew member and myself out and proceed to give them leg cybernetics.
| A flash of inspiration strikes you. You knock out org, then knock out yourself.
You are now unconscious.

I'll fire my plasma blaster at any enemy crewmen I see.
| You make a dramatic pose, then swing across to the other ship. You draw your plasma blaster and say something witty.| My gods that was witty.
The five enemy crewmembers and digital must roll to dodge the extreme wit.
5 3 1 3 5 5
CrewmanX1 is too upset over his exploded weapon to laugh.
CrewmanG1 is amused. But not enough to not attack anyone.
CrewmanL1 falls to the floor, laughing.
CrewmanL2 is chuckles a little, but L1's reaction scared him enough to prevent... damage.
CrewmanP2 is not amused at all.
Digital hellhound is immune to thunderclan's shining humour. For obvious reasons.

I'm going to augment the value editor. Goddammit I'm going to make this thing WIN.
| You upgrade the value editor to version 1.5
Spoiler: BATTLE (click to show/hide)
The value editor has been improved.

I help in the attack.
| You are unconscious.

Battle!
Thunderclan | fires at the plasma-blaster-wielder. | one shot hits P2 in the leg, burning it badly. The other hits him in the chest, breaking some ribs. Thunderclan wields a piece of scrap as a close combat weapon.
CrewmanX1 draws his lightsaber. | He is still too shaken up about the whole 'backfiring weapon' thing.
CrewmanG1 draws his lightsaber. | He does battle with Digital. | Digital was planning on using magic, and so has a hard time defending himself. | He gives digital a bad cut.
CrewmanL2 fires at Thunderclan | He fires of multiple shots in quick succession. Thunderclan catches one on the scrap metal, but two shots hit him in the chest, and one hits his right leg. All shots cause bleeding.
CrewmanP2 fires at Digital. | The pain from his injuries is too great, and he passes out.
Digital fires magic at G1. | he fires a powerful bolt of antimatter at him. | The bolt travels straight through the man's chest, killing him instantly.

The captain comes on to the deck. He has a traditional astronautical outfit on, a big fancy hat, and a shiny peg leg. He wields an ancient ammo-using gun in one hand, and a yellow lightsaber in the other.
He fires the pistol at digital | with a bang, the round speeds out of the barrel. | Amazingly, the bullet merely speeds through digital's arm, doing -relatively speaking- very little damage.
The captain attacks Thunderclan with his lightsaber | he lunges at thunderclan. | Despite the captain's aggresive attack, and thunderclan's inferior weapon, the fight leans towards thunderclan.

The hacker tries to save the computers| He fails, although at least he can use his own terminal again.

Nirur Torir grapples the caravel| with amazing skill. He runs across the line, and lunges at X1. | X1 defends himself with skill, and Nirur finds himself in a stalemate with the man.

If that sounds boring, play the pirates of the carribean theme tune in the background.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Caravel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy crew (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Value editor1.5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Please point out any mistakes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:16:34 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

While unconscious, I. Give. Myself. Leg implants.

I'll roll a 5 one day.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I leap across and attack X1. I also show him the broken green lightsaber.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks again for the weapon, Shoruke. I think I'll just cut this nice man's arms off.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheeetar:Why? I mean, why?
Analysis: Show enemy saber:
1: You drop the saber on your foot
2: You fail to show it
3: He doesn't care
4: ?
5: ?
6: You fix the lightsaber with the POWER OF YOUR MIND

Could you fill in 4 and 5 for me?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

5: He admires the saber
4: He makes a sarcastic remark
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

I hunt for the ships hacker and attempt to capture him as an experimental captive.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fight the remaining enemy crew.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile

I'll continue to defend myself, attacking when I have the opprotunity.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

When did I get unconscious?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Errol knocked you out in order to give you cybernetic leg implants while he sleeps, I think. I'm not sure why his action this turn is to give them to himself.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

"YO DUDES! BRING ME BACK THEIR COMPUTERS IF YOU CAN! THEY MIGHT BE USEFUL!"

After shouting myself hoarse at my comrades, and with the help of my value editor, I totally screw with the galleon's hacker's User Interface: changing the size of the windows to a single pixel, for example, or making it say "BRING TO MORNING STAR" and locking all the buttons. Stuff like that.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Cheeetar:Why? I mean, why?
Analysis: Show enemy saber:
1: You drop the saber on your foot
2: You fail to show it
3: He doesn't care
4: ?
5: ?
6: You fix the lightsaber with the POWER OF YOUR MIND

Could you fill in 4 and 5 for me?
1. He dosen't care about the saber. He attacks me.
2. Nothing.
3. He crys a little seeing the state of a lightsaber like his. I attack him.
4. He weeps.
5. He curls up in a ball.
6. His head explodes, because he mistakes the broken lightsaber as his own.

Edit: My main action is just attacking him with my non-broken lightsaber. I only added the lightsaber thing because my broken one was the same colour as his lightsaber.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:34:52 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Amazingly people

While unconscious, I. Give. Myself. Leg implants.
| You joyfully swim in your sea of unconscious knowledge. Ah, what a shame that it shall all be gone when you awake. You get to work planning some leg implants | The plan is a classical errol production: It will work, and then some. You are not sure of the details, but someone with these legs would be a very... disturbing person.
Unfortunately, you are unconscious, so actually performing the required construction and surgery is beyond you. | You try to transfer the knowledge into your concious memory... it sort of works.
| You fall into a deeper sleep.

I leap across and attack X1. I also show him the broken green lightsaber.
| You leap run across a grappling line to the caravel, and join the captain in his fight against X1. You branish the broken lightsaber...| It is about as effective as a Lvl 5 magicarp.

Thanks again for the weapon, Shoruke. I think I'll just cut this nice man's arms off.
The dice hate you. Seriously, they hate you SO BAD.
| You fumble in your attacks and just barely defend. Your superior opponent laughs at you.
Thank armok for Cheeetar.

I hunt for the ships hacker and attempt to capture him as an experimental captive.
|You run over a grappling line to the caravel. You carefully avoid the enemy crew and head beneath the decks. You see a small man desperately typing at a computer. You sneak up behind him and hit him on the head with a pipe. You | open a portal back to the morning star, and go through. You lock him in your cabin for the time being.

I fight the remaining enemy crew.
| You prepare to do battle with the forces of darkness.
That is, you will be employing them against the enemy.

I'll continue to defend myself, attacking when I have the opprotunity.
| You pick up G1's lightsaber and then you swashbuckle: make the occasional witty remark, and do crazy stuff like shoot strangely suspended barrels down onto your opponents heads, and make out with ladies in the middle of a fight.
Wait not the last one. Both crews are all male.
| You resist the temptation to make out with someone anyway.

| You are still unconscious. Not that it bothers you, you just get up and run into the fray.
You look like a very fresh zombie.

Bring me computers/hack caravel EVEN MORE despite the fact that ITS ALL CLOSE COMBAT NOW.
| You get off your lazy ass and do it yourself. You take Katsuun's portal to the caravel, and look around for computers. | The main terminal is too unwieldy to take with you, but you find plenty of other interesting goodies: Electronic components (not even scrap), external hard drives, external processors, and multiple machine components.
| Why would someone want all this, you ask? A small laser-wielding robot on treads answers your question. You back away to the portal, only to find yourself surrounded.
Uh oh.

Quote from: hacker
Deploy evil robot minions
You are tied up in katsuun's cabin. You try to get loose instead.| Katsuun sucks at ropes; you easily shake loose. Then you start on the door.| You take a hairpin from katsuun's draw and try to pick the lock. You're getting... somewhere.

Quote from: ...
|... ..., ... .... :/
Katsuun hears someone fall over.

BATTLE!
Thunderclan swashbuckles against the enemy crew! He attacks the captain: | He strikes out at the captain. The captain is now in retreat. Thunderclan almost manages to hit the captain at one point, but the captain saves at the last moment. He fires at the ropes holding some barrels back. | The shot snaps the ropes holding the barrels, and they cascade over the deck.
ROLL TO DODGE: X1:1 NT:2 CHTR:2 DH:5 L1:4-1=3 L2:1 P2:2+1=3 GT:5
You make sure that you are not in any danger yourself.
X1, Nirur Torir and Cheeetar were directly in the path of the barrels! X1 is run down by a barrel of pickles| He has had his safety training, so he ducks and covers. Whilst almost as good as a fridge against nuclear attacks, the barrels still batter him up.
Nirur |, jealous at Thunderclan's exquisite swashbuckling, jumps onto an oncoming barrel and runs along on it until the barrels calm down.
Cheeetar | simply stands aside. He gets a couple of bruises.
Digital hellhound is not in the path of the barrels.
L1 is run over by a barrel. This snaps him out of his Rofling.
L2 is [explanation] he gets | Oh, sucks to be you. L2 is borne overboard by the barrels, and flies off into space without anyone noticing. If you've seen the movie 'Sunshine' then you can totally imagine what someone dying in space looks like.
P2 is safely unconscious behind his little barricade. Nevertheless a barrel hits him| but it's a barrel of hydrogen and it bounces off
Grain_Trader sees what Thunderclan does, and easily avoids the barrels.

Grain_Trader attacks Thunderclan:| But Thunderclan's swashbuckling is too much for him; Thunderclan flicks his lightsaber out of his hands. He surrenders.
X1 attacks nirur torir | He picks himself up and runs up to Nirur. | The fight is on again, featuring pretty much the same odds as previously.
L1 shoots at org| The shot hits org in the arm.
Org attacks L1 | Org's brain informs him that he is asleep. Org is unconscious again.
Digital attacks X1| A bolt of antimatter strikes X1 in the chest. For some reason, the attack fizzles out.
P2 attacks digital | P2 awakens and shoots at digital | Somehow he manages to shoot perfectly, | blowing digital off his feet.
Cheeetar attacks X1 | He knocks X1 over the head with a metal bar.

Remaining dangerous crew: P2, L1.

Also, the atmosphere generator beeps at you to 'get some people off the damn ship'

Statuses:
Spoiler: Evil robot minions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy crew (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Value editor1.5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Please point out any mistakes.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33