Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38167 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 15- The cake is a lie. Also, errol fails.
« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2009, 01:59:47 pm »

What's the point in parley without excessive force? I just want to preform an action that won't involve a large explosion if I roll double {1}s.

Actually, it might. A boring conversation turning into explosions originating at my position would be cool though.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2009, 03:19:33 pm »

Is it too late to join? (If it isn't then maybe they could find me as a prisoner on the other ship?)
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 16- Explosive sloop-on-caravel action!
« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2009, 07:05:18 am »

Right now I feel that letting more people on might jeopardise my ability to roll a turn before school... but you may be interested in our adopt-an-npc policy?

Anyway, ROLLS

I'll hail [the caravel], and try to distract them by talking about golf.
| You contact the caravel.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The caravel spins round and fires the cannons at you! If it wasn't for the fact that shoruke has managed to connect to the caravel whilst you were talking to the captain you would be worried.

if we are attacked, I shall patrol around and repair damages.
| You are totally ready to repair any damage to the ship.

So, I uh, attack it with my antimatter magic (I hope I get a 4, 5 or 6...)
| You manage to reconnect to your magic, and stock up on blasts.

I try to integrate epic mechanics (preferably cybernetics) knowledge into my subconscious.
Hopin' for an overshot.
Did someone say, overshot? Did they then say, lolwhat u r cheetr?
Yes they did.
| You sit down, blissfully unaware of the coming battle. Then you try to organise your thoughts, work out what you know. Most of it was developed for the construction of 'It'. There is Errol's temporary magical theorem, Errol's second unified field theory, Errol's theory of electromagnetics, Errol's 34.66 principles of engineering, Errol's first, second, fourth, and seventeenth laws of thermodynamics, and of course, Errol's applicable trauma.
You spend a while organising them, and using the same methods to develop Errol's theory of evolution, from which you deduce Errol's biology of the human body. Combining that and some of your earlier principles you create Errol's guide to cybernetics.
Hah, done.
| Unfortunately you can't remember anything once you wake up. Not even that you know it. You realise you fell asleep for a while. Curses, there is a battle to partake in, people to traumatise!

If were attacking the ship, I will infiltrate the ship by tearing open a portal into it and sneaking aboard.
| You set the cooirdinates into the destination orb, and then fire the lightshield. Nothing happens. You try again, to the same effect. By the time you realise that you have to close the first two portals before opening the next, the battle is under way. You girdle your loins. | Your loins are very well girdled!
Mutate: Nope.

I use my so called "magics" to cause the people on the other ships minds to explode.
| You try to summon magical power with which to attack the enemy ship. Suddenly, you can't see anything!
Oh noes! You've gone BLIND!

If we're going to attack the other ship, I'll leave my value editor to fend for itself for a short while and try to hack the ship through other means.
Spoiler: BATTLE (click to show/hide)
| Having made an undetected link to the caravel whilst the captains were speaking, you look around the caravels network. | There are some defences here, but you think you can hack them. | You decide to try. You are making good progress, but horror, a hard to hack password is required to finish them off.
| The dumb-ass on the other side logs in without protection. The password is there for you to grab, so without further ado, you pass the password gate, and type '//l0l n00b' into the central defence code. 
Yay.

If we attack then I'll man the front laser cannon.
| You decide to man the long nine instead, seeing as it is a more potent weapon. You man it well.

BATTLE: Pirate Caravel VS Morning Star!
Pirate caravel has initiative.

Grain_trader_152 is presumably steering the vessel. | He spins the caravel so fast that it capsizes... but this is space, so that doesn't matter. The front and port laser cannons are well orientated to hit the morning star
Three laser cannons are fired by computer. | The computer's aim is shoddy. | Only one shot hits the morning star | Unfortunately that shot did just strike the front laser cannon. It is disabled.
Quote from: Cheeetar
Fix it!
| Seeing the damage, you run over to fix the cannon. You fix it easily, and loose a shot in revenge. | The shot is poorly aimed..| The shot doesn't even hit the ship.
One laser cannon is manned by a crewman. | He fires a shot at the Morning Star | You all laugh at his poor aiming.
The enemy hacker attempts to hack the Morning Star | But his terminal is flooded with messages suggesting that a) he is an inexperienced person b) that an unknown entity copulated with his mother last night and c)He recently got... minor chess pieced.
Remaining crewmembers fire any weapons they have at the morning star...
6 6 1 3 4
A small explosion lights up the deck as one crewmembers weapon backfired.
One laser pistol is fired at the ship, badly. | It misses the ship.
One laser pistol is fired at the ship with somewhat more control. | The shot glances of the armour.
Two crew men armed with plasma blasters fire at the ship with amazing control. Both shots hit the ship | One blast loosens a panel of armour. The other scorches the armour, but doesn't damage it.

The Morning Star retaliates
Nirur Torir mans the wheel. | Despite the unfavorable conditions, he rises to the challenge and dodges out of the firing arcs of the caravel, sailing over the top of the caravel, exposing the weak deck below... to the side... above? Whatever.
Thunderclan fires the long nine at the caravel | He fires of two shots in succession. | The first shot is aimed well, the second not so well. | The first shot punches through the deck, scattering the nearby crewmembers (L1, L2, and P1)| The laser pistol wielders are blown away from the point of impact, but they are merely beaten about. The plasma blaster wielder was not so lucky, standing directly on the point of impact. He, along with the blast, passes through the deck, and into the hold below. Probably dead.
The second shot bounces of the deck, and dissipates in the cold void of space.
The laser cannons (including the repaired one) are fired by computer. | Once again shoruke's work with the cannons makes itself felt, and the cannons all fire well at the deck. | The front cannon, hastily abandoned by cheeetar, fires poorly, and misses. The other two strike the deck well.
| The first shot does some damage to the deck... but the third shot hits, like, some explosives or something? Whatever, a huge blast rocks the caravel. It's not looking good.
Org does nothing.
Errol fires 'It' at the caravel |. He fires 'It' well. | The shot strikes the area just weakened by the explosion.. | No doubt that was pretty loud, what with all the cracks on the deck and stuff. If you had any plans of taking this ship, forget it, it's a ruin.
Digital hellhound fires magic at the enemy | He fires tens of bolts of antimatter stuff at the caravel. | They are poorly aimed, but | those that do hit pretty much finish the job of killing the caravel.
Katsuun really wants to get at the enemy.. | But without a six he does not dare to board the caravel from this distance.
Shoruke hacks. | He insults the enemy hacker, then turns off the caravel's engines.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Caravel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Value editor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Please point out any mistakes.
Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2009, 07:21:56 am »

Hurry, victory!

(I think I'll focus on charisma type skills.)
After setting the Morning Star within boarding range of the caravel, I notice Org floundering about like he's blind, and use psychology to convince him that he is not blind. Convince a magic-user of anything strongly enough, and it becomes reality.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2009, 07:22:44 am »

I'll get to work repairing our galleon.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 16- yeah yeah sloops
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2009, 07:27:17 am »

I'll get to work repairing our galleon.
Say what?
You currently have a sloop. You may soon have a wrecked caravel.
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 16- Explosive sloop-on-caravel action.
« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2009, 07:44:57 am »

I attempt to cure Org's blindness if Nirur fails, if he succeeds, I'll finish off the galleon. I finish off the Caravel.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:34:30 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2009, 07:56:24 am »

I try to fidn a way to clsoe the other portals, then test it out by opening a portal into the galleon, again.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2009, 08:13:41 am »

Handy ship guide:

Sloop - The Morning Star, our ship

Galleon - The big treasure ship where we looted the wormhole.

Caravel - Our current target. Partially destroyed, probably still has armed crew members. Give them no quarter. We don't need them in our cargohold.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2009, 09:36:05 am »

I knock a crew member and myself out and proceed to give them leg cybernetics.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:40:57 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2009, 10:17:18 am »

These actions are very open to GM interpretation. I get the feeling this next turn's gonna be fun.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:49 pm »

Yeah I got school too.

Don't fell you ahve to let me join, just if they ever find a stasis chamber or whatever...

Also would telekenisis count as magic?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2009, 01:54:37 pm »

I'll fire my plasma blaster at any enemy crewmen I see.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2009, 03:38:56 pm »

I'm going to augment the value editor. Goddammit I'm going to make this thing WIN.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2009, 03:49:20 pm »

I they both fail, I heal myself.

If not, I help in the attack.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33