Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38197 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 14- Dude what's the deal with the computers?
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2009, 04:31:23 pm »

Ya know Nurir, maybe your karma sucks for not posting in RoC often enough  :P
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2009, 04:37:48 pm »

Ya know Nurir, maybe your karma sucks for not posting in RoC often enough  :P
That may be. The dice don't want Rookie Arena to end either. People keep regenerating instead of dying, and my mouse seems to be slowly dying. I might get a turn up later today.

I'm changing my turn. I'd rather not be unconscious during a battle, so I'll just give a rousing speech about the correct places to shoot at a ship to create better explosions. Worst that can happen with this is I go off on a tangent about how great asteroid geology is, putting everybody to sleep as The Morning Star runs into a hail of plasma cannon shots. It's more heroic then the captain being asleep during battle.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2009, 05:36:30 pm »

I'll search the Morning Star for a weapon of some sort. Maybe check the galley for knives.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2009, 08:38:28 pm »

I'm gonna make the Long Nines a bit more resistant to damage.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 15- The cake is a lie. Also, errol fails.
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2009, 04:15:45 am »

I work on my Antimatter magic.
| You gather up magical force in preparation for your training. Suddenly you realise that something is wrong, there is too much magic. | You fight back the magic perfectly... actually, where did it all go? (-1 to next magical action)

I work on getting more magic.
| You focus on getting more magic. Your magical reserve increases a little.

I fix (Repair? Heal?) the value editor. Once it's fixed I check our system to see if that attack was actually some kind of hack from elsewhere.
| You get ready to heal the editor. You check for intruders, but a scan of the generators reveals that they are all exactly what you wrote.

BATTLE: Shoruke's value editor VS 3 remaining Shoruke's random number generators
Quote from: Generators
Generate random number shields
4 3 5
With varying degrees of success, the generators protect themselves with random numbers.
Quote from: Value editor
Agress generators
| The editor tries to use lines 240-248. It only just manages to prevent the damage from spreading.
Quote from: Shoruke
Heal the editor
You quickly replace the corrupted code with a backup. The damage is completely healed.

I try to gain info about cybernetics by meditating.
| You meditate on the nature of your legs, and how to intergrate machines into them... suddenly, images swarm through your brain. You totally get it!
|Wow!

I finish the book and THEN modify my lightsaber to open wormholes in the fabric of SPACE TIME.
| You finish the book. You hold up your lightshield... yes, yes, excellent. You take the first orb from the chest and start intergrating it with your lightshield. | It takes a while, but you manage to fix it on to the lightshield. Then you take the second orb and start working with it | You do whatever is necessary perfectly. As a test, you try to create a portal off the starboard side. You insert the desired co-ordinates into the second orb, then you fire the radioactive-portal-creator-lightshield. | Portals open up on both sides of the ship. You can see the back of your head, 5 seconds ago. You turn around, and see the front of your head. Five seconds later, it turns round too. Then you turn round again. You amuse yourself in this fashion for a while longer.

I'll just give a rousing speech about the correct places to shoot at a ship to create better explosions.
I am tempted to start cheating on your behalf.
| You start giving a rousing speech, but it dwindles off into a speech about explosions... nobody is listening anymore, so you continue playing golf. | Shock horror, you are out of things to hit!

I'll search the Morning Star for a weapon of some sort. Maybe check the galley for knives.
| You find a hand held plasma blaster in the captain's quarters. You have no idea why everyone missed it previously.
It is a fine model, stamped with the mark of Berriden manufacturing. You fire it off the ship a few times.
|

I'm gonna make the Long Nines(???) a bit more resistant to damage.
| You attach some scrap metal to the Long Nine as armour plating, and you weld the base to the deck a bit better.

| A medium sized caravel zooms past you towards berriden. Unsure of what to do, the ship turns round and follows it at a distance.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Value editor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Please point out any mistakes.

Long Live United Forenia!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2009, 04:27:31 am »

Should we attack the ship?
If so, or if we are attacked, I shall patrol around and repair damages. If not, I practice using the Long Nine on a few asteroids.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2009, 05:23:50 am »

Damnit.

Let's attack that ship, we can do it!

So, I uh, attack it with my antimatter magic (I hope I get a 4, 5 or 6...)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2009, 07:14:25 am »

In 50 years, people will tell stories of this. "Hey, want to hear another tale of the Morning Star with her inept captain who's crew managed to always pull through the hard times?"

Caravel vs Sloop ... I think if we stay behind it at maximum laser range, we should be able to win in a fight. Plus, we have the Value Editor.

I'll hail them, and try to distract them by talking about golf.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2009, 07:44:27 am »

Well, fuck.
I try to integrate epic mechanics (preferably cybernetics) knowledge into my subconscious. So that I may engineer stuff without actually knowing why the heck it works.

Hopin' for an overshot.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2009, 08:00:10 am »

If were attacking the ship, I will infiltrate the ship by tearing open a portal into it and sneaking aboard.

If were leaving it alone, I modify my lightsaber to make people suffer spontaneous nuclear fusion. And by that I mean, they die. Painfully. By nuclear fusion.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2009, 08:50:41 am »

I use my so called "magics" to cause the people on ther other ships minds to explode.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2009, 10:13:48 am »

If we're going to attack the other ship, I'll leave my value editor to fend for itself for a short while and try to hack the ship through other means.

If we're just going to parley with them or something, I'll help the value editor out. goddammit random numbers.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2009, 12:19:18 pm »

| You find a hand held plasma blaster in the captain's quarters. You have no idea why everyone missed it previously.
It is a fine model, stamped with the mark of Berriden manufacturing. You fire it off the ship a few times.
|

What exactly was the observation roll for? There is nothing after it?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2009, 12:23:57 pm »

If you fail an observation roll, you fail to observe something. I can't describe what you failed to observe.
Long Live United Forenia!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2009, 01:09:08 pm »

If we attack then I'll man the front laser cannon.
If we just parley then i'll continue my weapon search, if we missed a blaster who knows what else we might have missed.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33