Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38206 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 13- Chilling on the galleon.
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2009, 12:16:04 pm »

I say we leave. I don't think we want to be here if a military ship comes by.

If we don't leave then I'll keep a lookout for other ships approaching.

If we leave then I'll work to improve my agility

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2009, 12:23:56 pm »

Oh yeah, we should leave.
I want to fight a military ship, but I don't believe we would win.
Althought, we could board it and attempt to capture it...or destroy it, but anyways.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2009, 01:38:15 pm »

It's two roll Saturday.

For great justice.
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2009, 01:49:32 pm »

Make sure your lights are off!

Oh yeah, ROLLS!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2009, 03:05:41 pm »

Yup, rolls.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 14-
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2009, 03:22:35 pm »

Vote: Go or stay.
Go: ||||
Stay: |

That's a pretty clear RUN AWAY.

If we are moving off, I shall look at the diagram and puzzle out how to make a ship similar.
| You examine the diagrams, and start doodling how to construct a new ship. After a long time you have settled on a design which could be built out of scrap metal. In theory. There are a few gaps where the engines and the atmosphere/gravity generators should go. But the basic structure looks good.
Actually the engines and the atmosphere/gravity generators are 90% of the ship. But whatever.

Either way, I'll spend the turn practising with the Long Nine on asteroids.
Ok I'm sure of it now the dice do hate you.
| You don't like the Long Nine any more. You decide to play golf with a bar of scrap metal and some bolts.
Four!

I think we should get a move on. Anyways, I continue reading my wormhole book.
| This stuff is pretty deep. You read to the 3/4 way point.

I train as a PYSKER.
I'm going to play the GM card here. Psykers are out, mages are in. But you can do the same as psykers do. Heck, you can even go blind if you want.
| You want to do more with your magic manipulation. So you get Digital Hellhound to give you some of his crazy antimatter stuff. You bounce it around a bit. Hey, this isn't that hard. You use your magic control to look for magic within you. You sense a tiny bit of magic lurking in your mind. It's not as large as Digital's reserve, but it could be expanded, perhaps?

I inspect the books.
| Katsuun is reading the wormhole book right now, so you borrow errol's encyclopedia and read up on general information regarding the area. It's pretty boring... but you know a little bit more about cyclops.

I read my book, specifically the sectors about cybernetic implants.
| You recall that your book is an encyclopedia of this star system and therefore contains mostly geographic and historic information. So you take a gander at your legs instead. They teach you... nothing.

For the purpose of improving my value-editor, I create some simple programs that generate random numbers every minute or so. Then I use the value editor on them, and make any improvements I can.
| You improve your value editor by facing it off against some random number generators.
BATTLE: Shoruke's value editor VS 12 Shoruke's written-in-five-minutes random number generators.
Quote from: Random number generator 1-12
GENERATE NUMBERS
6 2 2 5 5 6 1 3 6 6 1:
2 generators break down. 2 generate nothing but twos at the value editor | The value editor pwns them, then eats them. It can now generate twos.
1 generator fires a string of numbers which are in a predictable patern | The strings are easily countered by the value editor.
2 generators manage to generate some random numbers. They are fired well at the value editor. |
But the editor has no trouble blocking them. A few scratches in the outer coding, perhaps.
But 4 generators group together into one superior generator. It fires a string of pure random at the value editor | The randomness is too much for the defense coding, and the value editor suffers damage in lines 234 to 256.
Quote from: Value editor
Edit the strongest generator
| The value editor resists the pain, and edits the shit out of the large generator. | It edits it well indeed, and the central code can now no longer access the main randomness. As such, the generator is struck down.
The battle is not over yet.

If we leave then I'll work to improve my agility
| See digital hellhounds 'agility training'- you jump off the ship. | Someone sees you and activates the emergency central gravity point. You are pulled back to the ship, and gravity is reverted. Tsk.

The Morning Star sails off along the route, towards arquas. You encounter... | No one, yet.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Value editor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Please point out any mistakes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2009, 03:25:08 pm »

I work on my Antimatter magic.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2009, 03:35:05 pm »

I work on getting more magic.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2009, 03:37:04 pm »

Holy SCHIST. I was thinking the 5-minute program code would be something like...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But apparently, in five minutes, I can make six random number generators THAT ATTACK OTHER PROGRAMS. Jebus Crust. Like, just, whoa.

I fix (Repair? Heal?) the value editor. Once it's fixed I check our system to see if that attack was actually some kind of hack from elsewhere.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 14- Dude what's the deal with the computers?
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2009, 03:47:34 pm »

Holy SCHIST. I was thinking the 5-minute program code would be something like...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But apparently, in five minutes, I can make six random number generators THAT ATTACK OTHER PROGRAMS. Jebus Crust. Like, just, whoa.

I fix (Repair? Heal?) the value editor. Once it's fixed I check our system to see if that attack was actually some kind of hack from elsewhere.
Heh. See the new title.
You probably did write something like that- whatever it is- but yeah... computers are... yeaaah...
But no, it wasn't an outside attack. It was just what you wrote.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2009, 03:49:37 pm »

I could explain the code if you want  :P

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2009, 04:15:46 pm »

I try to gain info about cybernetics by meditating.

I'm serious about this one.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2009, 04:16:00 pm »

I finish the book and THEN modify my lightsaber to open wormholes in the fabric of SPACE TIME.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2009, 04:27:41 pm »

Well, at least I didn't break anything. Tired of my failure at golfing, I'll go to sleep in the captains quarters, trying to have a lucid dream.

We get a failsafe while asleep, right? Either way, the most damage I could cause while asleep is ... Hmm, carry the three ... Oh, I guess I could sleepwalk into the engine, and cause the entire ship to self-destruct, but what're the chances of that?

Better yet, I'd rather not be unconscious during a battle. I'll just give a rousing speech about the correct places to shoot at a ship to create better explosions.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 04:32:51 pm by Nirur Torir »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2009, 04:29:57 pm »

Well, at least I didn't break anything. Tired of my failure at golfing, I'll go to sleep in the captains quarters, trying to have a lucid dream.

We get a failsafe while asleep, right? Either way, the most damage I could cause while asleep is ... Hmm, carry the three ... Oh, I guess I could sleepwalk into the engine, and cause the entire ship to self-destruct, but what're the chances of that?
Now you mention it...
1 in 6?
Nah, sure, you'll get a failsafe while sleeping.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33