Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38150 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

You could man one of the cannons. Or practice your lightsabering. (wait you don't seem to have one) Or practice your magic/unarmed combat skills. Or something.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I strenghten the shields of the Morning Star with magic.
Also, I bet the Morning Star's flooded with our tears now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:14:46 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

I finally go insane and convert some random part of the ship into another vessel and attempt to board the galleon, laughing evily along the way.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally go insane and convert some random part of the ship into another vessel and attempt to board the galleon, laughing evily along the way.

Please don't get a 6, please don't get a 6...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

I get me some new, pink and/or WEIRD clothes. If 'it' is capable of driving people insane I might as well capitalize on the effect.

Also... I figure I should have examined the new plans carefully before building 'it'. Although that might have driven me into insanity.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

Please don't get a 6, please don't get a 6...

Must... get... 6...

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ROLLS?!?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I sense a disturbance in the force.
Nah, not really. But there is an increasing amount of spacey things happening. Robots with lightsabers in errol's RTD. Jon's space adventure...
Coincidence?
Yeah, probably.

Oh, right, RO
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
LLS

Make a power sword.
| You take your other sock and will it to become a power sword. Nothing happens. But you think you understand why. It is your subconscious that controls your power, trying to make it happen is a futile attempt. But you can make it more likely by thinking about such things a lot more. Power sword power sword power sword.

"I'll handle the hacking, you go handle the cannons.  I examined them earlier, and they " *insert what my character knows here* ", hopefully that helps. Good luck, cap..."
I try to hack the merchant vessel, and shut down their systems. Specifically communications, weapons, and shields, but life support would be nice to hack too.
| You explain the YK-17 protocols of the laser cannons to the captain. He ignores you.
|You get down to business. A quick scan of the larger vessel reveals that it boasts anti-hacker systems. It appears the pirates are not-so-subtlely attacking these defenses. You recognise a few basic crashers and a more complex smasher. The defence consists of smackers and closers.

Time for The Morning Star to attack the merchant. Spend the turn firing at the engines from maximum Long Nine range, taking care to evade any defensive fire and not hit the pirates.
| You strap down in the long nine's gunner seat. You line up to fire. You pull the various safety catches. You fire!
No you don't, the long nine is beeping at you. Dammit. You try to work out what's wrong. | You get the manual. Ah, right, that's what's wrong.
But there is no time to dilly dally, the ship needs captaining. You get captaining.

I'll help man the cannons
| You man the front laser cannon. You are totally ready to fire.

I strenghten the shields of the Morning Star with magic.
Also, I bet the Morning Star's flooded with our tears now.
| You have no idea how to do this. So you just girdle your loins instead.
| Your loins are well girdled!

| You want to grab some stuff to make into a dingy, but you dare not. Instead you take some stuff no one needs anyway and make something else. | You make nothing.

I get me some new, pink and/or WEIRD clothes. If 'it' is capable of driving people insane I might as well capitalize on the effect.
| You realise your clothes are already pink and weird. So you make your disturbing sign more disturbing by emphasizing the hilarious misunderstanding. It's a good thing that everyone has gotten over it. Then you wield 'It' in a menacing fashion.

I'll patrol the ship, repairing anything if we get hit.
| You are ready to repair the ship.

BATTLE!
Morning Star:
Everyone is fairly roused: +1 to all rouse improved actions.
Nirur Torir grabs the wheel. | He steers the boat adequately (no bonuses).
Thunderclan mans the front laser cannon | He fires at the enemy vessel accurately | The laser by passes the shields and strikes the armour in a weak spot! |The armour is torn at the point of impact. Revealing a second layer of armour.
The other lasers are fired by computer | Shoruke's hacking has not been in vain! The lasers fly true. | They strike the shields. | The already weakened shields cannot stand this barrage and start to fail.
Errol fires 'It' at the enemy ship. | The blast is well aimed. | 'It's' bullets fly straight through the shields and strike the armour in the previously breached location with tremendous force| but the armour holds.
Digital hellhound fires magic at the enemy ship | A bolt of pure magic is launched from his hands. When it strikes the shields, they are disappeared. The magic stops over the deck of the galleon, and grows. As it grows, the galleon starts to dissolve.
Org fires his boltgun at the ship | He fires off a couple of rounds with ease. | The bolts all strike the same point on the ship, robin hood style. | One after the other, the bolts explode, easily breaching the outer layer of armour.
There is nothing for cheeetar to repair... so he fixes the long nine.

Pirate vessels:
Vessel one fires their laser cannons at the galleon | The shots are hasty. They strike the ship | but do only moderate damage
Vessel two fires their special explosive charge at the galleon | The improvised catapult launches the charge well. | Vessel two must have some geniuses aboard. The large explosive is launched straight into the cargo hold, bypassing all armour! | A huge explosion rocks the galleon, and fire bursts forth from cracks in the armour. The galleon stops as the engines fail.
Vessel three fires their laser cannons at the galleon | The shots strike true at the weakened vessel | Large chunks of armour are blown off the weakened frame.

Galleon:
The engineers repair the ship | The engineers realise that it is a lost caused and abandon ship.
The gunners fire at vessel 2 | The gunners join the engineers.
The other gunners fire at vessel 1 | The ship is collapsing, there is no way they could fire accurately. They try anyway. | Only one shot comes anywhere near the enemy. It is easily absorbed by the shield.

Well, that was easy.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Galleon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pirates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Long Live United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 10- Someone forgot to change their title.
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2009, 07:05:00 am »

Huzzah, victory! The infamous pirate Nirur Torir shall now negotiate with the other pirates to try to get our share of the spoils. Crew, please try not to anger them.

... Rolls!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome!

I create a magic shield for our glorious Captain, if we "accidentally" anger the pirates.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

How DARE I fail. I respond to my failure by makeing my lightsaber RADIOACTIVE!!

Sans context.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

I hide and try to keep any idiots under control.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 10- Zap, zap, pheet, phizzle, zap, zap, BOOM.
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2009, 12:41:23 pm »

I'll work on healing those slight wounds that "It" distracted me from before

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2009, 03:39:58 pm »

Apparently my hacking methods are lacking, ever so slightly. I begin writing a value-editor.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2009, 03:49:48 pm »

I start work on the laser nine, improving it and making it harder to damage.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33