Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38169 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 8-Too... many... good... roles... must... kill...
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2009, 04:29:07 pm »

Okay I understand not having the medical bay (my bad), but then precisely what was used to tow the broken wreck around back on like page 2?

EDIT: *goes and checks* oh. A grapple of some kind. I'll hack that instead of the 'tractor beam' then.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:31:19 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2009, 04:34:59 pm »

You are going to hack a grapple?
That'll be fun on a six.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2009, 04:54:09 pm »

Yes it would. Come on 6!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2009, 06:05:06 am »

I give the broken lightsaber back and proceed to use my circluar shield lightsaber thing as a boomerang.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2009, 08:27:37 am »

Who wants a broken lightsaber?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2009, 09:11:25 am »

Me! Me! I want a broken lighsaber!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2009, 10:49:04 am »

I give Katsuun's saber shield magical boomerang capacibilities (returns to owner after thrown, no exceptions) and change the color to green.

I do not care about -his- opinion.

I also proclaim that I'd like some broken lightsabers if someone has them.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:55:15 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ROOOOLLS!!!

I overcome my fear of Digital by learning the complexities of my mind.
| You mind is not complex. It can best be represented by a little green thing hitting stuff with other stuff.
Waap waaaah

After I admire 'It' for 'It's' shininess and general power, I'll loot the ex-captain's room.
| 'It' is certainly very shiny. You especially like one of the pointy bits. Errol explains what it does and you spend the next hour crying in a ball on the ground. The crew looses some rouse from seeing their captain crying. Although it is quite understandable, why on earth would errol put that on there? I mean, dude. Sick.

I attempt to scare Org even more!
| You go to scare org, but trip over Nirur. You ask errol why he is crying.
You spend the next hour next to the captain crying in a ball on the ground. Org sees you and is cured of his fear for you.| Org can't help but ask errol why they are crying. Errol explains, but org uses his simple mind powers to misunderstand. He walks of wondering why that scared them.

I'll use my nearly nonexistent medic skills to help Digital
| You see that digital has some quite bad burns, so you go to help him. You find him on the ground, crying.| You ask errol why your patient is crying. Errol explains, and then, bored of explaining everything, makes a sign.
You spend the next hour crying in a ball on the ground.

I'll practice my hacking by trying to swivel the cannons and randomly fire the grapple from the computer terminal.
... Fire the grapple, right...
| You crack your knuckles and start writing some code to hack the laser cannons. A little copy-pasting from the guide, and you can soon hear surprised cries from the decks. Then you look for something more challenging. For some reason, the grapple used to tow the wrecked spaceship springs to mind. But how to hack something of rope and metal? The most obvious solution would be a robot of some form. Ah, the training dummy. It's been unused for so long, no one will care. You cheat a bit by physically connecting the dummy's electronics to the ship, and then head below to the terminal. You get cracking. | Unfortunately you over-estimated the dummy's electronics, and nothing you do affects the dummy.
Well, it was good practice.

I shall give my broken lightsaber to Katsuun, and then I shall practise on the lightsaber bot.
You hand katsuun the lightsaber, but he doesn't want it. Then you head over to the training dummy.
| You strike at the dummy! It doesn't block or anything.  It doesn't seem to be working. You recall shoruke messing around with some wires at the back, so you go to talk to him. |You carefully avoid errol and his sign and make your way down. You ask shoruke why the dummy isn't working. Shoruke apologises and presses some buttons. You head back up. again[/i]:5 again]| You head past errol and check out the dummy. It's working again, all right. You spend the rest of your time making sure it hasn't been damaged.

I give Katsuun's saber shield magical boomerang capabilities (returns to owner after thrown, no exceptions) and change the color to green.

I do not care about -his- opinion.

I also proclaim that I'd like some broken lightsabers if someone has them.
| You seriously wonder why so many people are crying by your feet. Whilst 'it' is indeed very impressive, this seems a little over the top. They all seemed worried by this bit here. But that's just the... oh... right. You realise the hilarious misunderstanding.
You spend the next, say, 50 minutes crying in a ball on the ground.

I give the broken lightsaber back and proceed to use my circluar shield lightsaber thing as a boomerang.
| Wait, this thing doesn't have any boomerang features. Silly you.

Quote from: Morning Star
Wait for a weakly-armed merchant to pass by.
| A large, well armed vessel passes by, being harassed by several smaller pirate vessels. It appears to be a government-funded treasure galleon, richly loaded, surely. It's going to Berriden. The fight is stalemated, neither side has the upper hand yet. The navigational computer tags along at a safe distance.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Amazing how much easier the statuses are when a blank line is put between each one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Digital. We must band together.

Make a power sword.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best series of {1}s ever, although my laughter earned me some strange looks.

Time for The Morning Star to attack the merchant. Spend the turn firing at the engines from maximum Long Nine range, taking care to evade any defensive fire and not hit the pirates.

I'll hack the merchant ship, hopefully with Shoruke's help.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I'll patrol the ship, repairing anything if we get hit.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll handle the hacking, you go handle the cannons.  I examined them earlier, and they " *insert what my character knows here* ", hopefully that helps. Good luck, cap..."

I try to hack the merchant vessel, and shut down their systems. Specifically communications, weapons, and shields, but life support would be nice to hack too.

And I think, in future, 6s should give more than one bit of experience. I hacked the training dummy, for jebuz' sake. It's made out of recycled space-crap and I hacked it!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll handle the hacking, you go handle the cannons.  I examined them earlier, and they " *insert what my character knows here* ", hopefully that helps. Good luck, cap..."

I try to hack the merchant vessel, and shut down their systems. Specifically communications, weapons, and shields, but life support would be nice to hack too.

And I think, in future, 6s should give more than one bit of experience. I hacked the training dummy, for jebuz' sake. It's made out of recycled space-crap and I hacked it!
You went up from novice+1 to no tag+1- thats a jump of... 4 bits? I think so... also, take note that I never check the statuses when rolling. It's mainly for show. So your hacking capabilities may be higher than suggested.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You went up from novice+1 to no tag+1

Wups. I reread the statuses from the last turn and somehow missed the word 'novice'. Durrrrr.

Don't wurry y'all, I iz SMRT hxr. i'z gunna gits da cuntrolz off da ship.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile

I'll help with the battle preparations however I can.

Can't do much with my skills at this point

I'll help man the cannons
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:49:28 pm by thunderclan »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33