Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38135 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 7- Goodbye giant teddy.
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2009, 02:45:50 pm »

Yeah... my 2.5 hours recently turned into about 3.8.

Rolls?!?!?!?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2009, 02:50:54 pm »

And he's still online, that must mean he's working on the Rolls.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2009, 02:53:51 pm »

Yay, rolls! I like rolls, rolls are fun and-I-should-do-my-own-rolls-but-I-can't-because-I'm-trying-to-make-somebody-else-hurry-up-with-their-own-roles-and-I'm-procrastinating-by-refreshing-other-pages-so-I-won't-need-to-roll-my-own-rolls.

Rolls!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I proceed to reattempt to turn my purple lightsable into a dual-bladed lightsaber. Only this time, one blade is blue, and one blade is green. And modify it so it comes with a snack dispenser. "Nods"
+1 for your understanding of lightsaber mechanics.
| You take your purple lightsaber. You turn it off. You open it up. And then you fold it in two. Then you fold that in two. Then you fold that in two. You continue in this fashion until you have a circular lightsaber. Using your temporary six-given matter creation powers you add an infinite snack dispenser. The lightsaber now functions as a large circular 'shield'. Which can also cut through stuff. The 'blade' colour is cyan.

I give the broken lightsaber to Katsuun. I then try to repair the dummy.
Katsuun takes a quick look, fixes a few things, and gives it back. | You take a look at the dummy. Tssk, you just need to re-link these cables. | Good as... recycled.

I build 'it'.
| You don't have anything to build it with! Ah well, there must be some junk lying around here. Maybe some ship components? | You manage to find everything you need. You don't even take anything vital. Unless the magical perfume gem in the ex-captain's sock draw is vital... *cough cough cough*
You build 'it'.
'It' is glorious.
'It' is shiny.
'It' is not even humorously anti-climatic!
'It' does +1 shield piercing damage! 'It' has auto-fire. 'It' requires no ammo, instead generating bolts of condensed (perfume) magic with the aid of several interesting universe-bending principles. Ayup. 'It' will no doubt be hailed in myth and legend for millennia to come. Also, not defining 'It' has now become a running gag and will never ever ever ever ever change. Having characters admire 'It' without actually giving concrete information will be fun.
Digital Hellhound must make a saving roll not to be overcome by 'It''s shininess. | He is so awe-struck that his shiny receptor bursts. He can no longer sense shininess.

I'll consult my trading book, and have the Morning Star fly (standard speed) to somewhere in a trade route that is advised for entry-level private merchant ships.
I'll spend my turn giving a rousing speech to the crew on what great pirates we are, and how rich we'll be once we capture a few lightly armed merchant ships.

You consult the guide. Apart from some boring information on 'margins' and 'available resources' an extra page has been glued in. You consult it and decide that the poorly-defended food/machinery trade between Arquas and Berriden would be the best place to start your actual pirate career. You command shoruke to head for the nearest point on this route.
| You then proceed to give a rousing speech to to the crew. Everyone agrees that it is very rousing indeed. They are all pretty roused. 

After programming in Nurir's proposed flight path, I read the 'alternative computer use' file on the computer, in the hopes of learning to hack.
You easily program the navigational computer, and then head below deck to read up on alternative computer use.
| You learn to hack. You test your skills by hacking a home security system on smuggles and watching a woman shower.
Sick bastard.
You also print out a sticker which says '0ff1c14l h4x0r '.

I'll try to find/create a weapon
| No you don't. You sit and watch cyclops fade into the distance. Ah, such beauty.

I very sneakily free Org.
| You totally sneak down the ship, using your magic to stick to the ceiling when people walk past. You make it to org's cabin, and, bored of the sneaking, BLAST THE F***ING DOOR DOWN. | Unfortunately, the door holds, and the blast backfires at you. | You are slightly more burnt. Then you just unlock the door. 

I get ready to defend Digital with my -rope reed sock-.
| You take off your sock. It's pretty much solid after a few years of non-stop wear, so it makes a decent weapon. But it could be better. It could shoot ammo. Ammo made with DIAMANTINE. You can totally see it in front of you. Infact, you can almost feel it. Actually, it feels like pulling this trigger would | *BANG* shoot a hole in your cupboard! Luckily the bolter was loaded with armour piercing adamantine-tipped bullets, and it doesn't explode. (I'm not making this up. That's what armour-piercing boltgun bullets are tipped with) You now have your beloved bolter, and a little ammo. You're going to have to pull this changing clothing to stuff trick a few more times if you want more bullets.

The morning star will start rolling for encounters next turn.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)

Hmmmn... What mistakes have I made? The statuses have passed a critical point whereby I can't tell what's going on anymore.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:14:57 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 8-Too... many... good... roles... must... kill...
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2009, 02:58:19 pm »

I bandage Digital.

I overcome my fear of Digital by learning the complexities of my mind.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:13:52 pm by Org »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2009, 03:04:26 pm »

After I admire 'It' for 'It's' shininess and general power, I'll loot the ex-captain's room. I don't know what I'm looking for, but I'm sure I'll find something useful. All captains store useful items in their rooms. Known fact.

Edit - Nobody after Org is roused.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:07:08 pm by Nirur Torir »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2009, 03:06:07 pm »

I attempt to regain my shiny-sensing abilities.

EDIT: No wait, I attempt to scare Org even more!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:09:05 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2009, 03:08:57 pm »

I think the dice hate me.

I'll use my nearly nonexistent medic skills to help Digital

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2009, 03:15:33 pm »

Edit - Nobody after Org is roused.

Quite correct. Thank you.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2009, 03:19:48 pm »

Changed what?
Nevermind
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:25:14 pm by Org »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2009, 04:07:31 pm »

I'll practice my hacking by trying to access the medical bay's records, swivel the cannons and randomly fire the tractor beam grapple from the computer terminal.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:32:22 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2009, 04:16:28 pm »

I'll practice my hacking by trying to: access the medical bay's records, swivel the cannons, and randomly fire the tractor beam, all from the computer terminal.
You only have 1/3 of those things. Namely the cannons.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:51 pm »

I shall give my broken lightsaber to Katsuun, and then I shall practise on the lightsaber bot.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33