Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38071 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

No one likes me.  :'(

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

Yes, that is true.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Well maybe if you weren't trying to bugger up the new computer just because of the running deteachment joke...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Fine then.

I get a lightsaber if there is one left5.

If not: I make a bolter(boltgun, close enough).

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 5- NUKE9.13 cancels update title: forgot!
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2009, 09:40:57 am »

Okay then. I make a plan how to craft an antique double-barreled energy pistol. These things are pretty much ancient (energy) pistols that have a cooldown time from 10 seconds up to half a minute and fire two shots at once. Although they are now obsolete, they still serve ceremonial purposes, are way cheaper/easier to build and just plain look badass.

Think 17th century pistols in space.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2009, 10:03:11 am »

I make a Boltgun, too.

If you don't know what that is, google it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2009, 01:20:20 pm »

Me thinks everyone has posted an action... me goes roll now.
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2009, 01:23:16 pm »

Me goes hurray now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2009, 02:49:07 pm »

Just so that you don't have to comment that it wasn't done.

ROLLS?!?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 6- Ahaha! First act of theft!
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2009, 02:51:44 pm »

Dammit, you sniped me with that!
Anyway, ROLLS!

After announcing that, unless there are any complaints against profit, we're moving out after the ship is refitted, I'll play a few combat simulations with the navigation computer to improve my knowledge of strategy and tactics. I assume that a navigation computer is able to at least provide a basic simulation, sorta like how virtually every commercial OS in real life (Windows, Windows, Windows, and Windows) comes with such things as Minesweeper, Freecell, and Pinball.
| You trip over a piece of ship-building equipment and | fall over. You are not hurt, but you forgot about trying to use the navigation computer to simulate combat (which would have been a lot of fun on a one... Heh heh heh). You do announce that everyone should gather at the ship once the workers are finished.

I make a bolter(boltgun, close enough).
I make a Boltgun, too.
How the hell do you hope to make boltguns with no machinery at all? (Nope, no more lightsabers left- blame the people who took two)
| Org and Hellhound decide to join up as the WH40K fan club. As a first order of business they decide to make- for some reason- a rare form of weaponry which uses ammo. Digital hellhound takes org's ruined lightsaber and tries to use magic to change it into a boltgun. | A bit of magic fizzles around the lightsaber, but nothing happens.
Org points out that perhaps they should look for a pre-made boltgun. They set off to look for one.| They ask a guard for directions. The guard informs them that Smuggles is currently under military lockdown and that all weapons are banned.
Whaap whaap whaap whaaaaa.

I make a plan how to craft an antique double-barrelled energy pistol.
| You decide to make the above. You borrow some equipment from the shipyard, and start drawing diagrams. Somehow you figure out a bunch of physics and engineering that you never knew before. From your primarily rumour-based knowledge of magic you deduce the guidelines of magic, which you also incorporate into your increasingly frantic design. | Finally you are finished. Phew. A few people are staring at you open mouthed. You look around and realise with despair that you have filled every piece of paper in the room with diagrams and plans... maybe you can simplify it next turn?

I'll work to improve my stealth again while I wait
| You decide to practice your stealth. It served you well in the corridors of Smuggles, it will serve you well in space too, surely? You slip into the shadows, pressing your back to the wall. A worker walks past you without seeing you, opens a door, and passes through. You spring through the temporarily open door before it swings shut and into the shadows beyond it. The worker spins round at the noise, but seeing the door swing shut, he assumes he is alone. He deposits a bag of credits into a crate. He walks out of the room without looking back. You sneak over to the crate. | It only contains what the man just dumped, 150 credits. You take them nonetheless. | You sneak back to the door. It is locked. You look through the keyhole. There is no one in the corridor behind, so you take a paperclip out of your pocket and try to unlock it.

I go install the new computer terminal.
while installing the computer, I give it a system administrator password, known only to myself.
You all have tiny cabins on the ship. There is also the captains quarters.
| Ah, three. The most boring of the numbers. You go to the workers working on your ship and ask them if you can help install the computer terminal. They let you watch. It's pretty boring. You ask them if you can at least put a password on it, on account of some idiots in the crew. They laugh and reassure you that this deluxe model comes with the best idiot shield in the business.

I will proceed to use the CPU to surf the internetSystem library for methods by which I can turn my lightsaber into a dual-bladed one.
| You ask the workers working on the ship if you can use the navigational computer. Nope, you can't, but you can use the demo one over there. You head over and log onto the system library. You find a file called DIY lightsaber maintenance. You read it in fascination. You now understand the workings of a lightsaber and how to modify them.

I'll do some workouts.
| Ayup. You are now fairly strong.
Boooooring.

Quote from: Shipyard workers
Work on the Morning Star
| The workers are all in awe of Nirur, and the honour of working on his ship is enough to make them work harder then ever before.
They fit armour plating on the side. All attacks against the ship will hit it. It receives +1 to damage roles.
They install the Long Nine on a rotating platform. It is a long-ranged weapon which does incredible damage. -1 to enemy damage roles. Can be fired in all directions.
They install the computer terminal under the deck. It can link to everything in the same system, although it requires co-ordinates of what it is contacting over long range. It is linked to pretty much everything on the ship, and could (theoretically) be used to control the entire ship from below decks. But for now it just gives information: how much damage, what is within range of the laser cannons, ect.
They repair the navigational computer for free.
They would repair the training dummy but it's workings mystify them.

The ship is ready to leave at any time. Thunderclan is missing.
In other news, Nirur Torir is now your captain. Noes, you cry? Well then choose a different captain. But he is the best choice. What with the infamy.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2009, 02:55:54 pm »

I will go off in search for Thunderclan, using caution and avoiding combat if possible.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2009, 03:02:19 pm »

Digital

We have to kill the guards.

NAOW!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2009, 04:13:14 pm »

I'm going to use the new computer... yeah that's about it. Just learning about how to interface with it, more or less.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2009, 05:09:46 pm »

I'll keep trying to pick the door lock.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2009, 05:22:46 pm »

You tried to hurt me on a {2}? I feel sad. I thought you were my friend. :(

Anyway, I'll wait a bit for the remaining crew to get back, and try to learn how to control the ship in combat from the new computer.

On second thought, I'll just generally learn how to use the computer with Shoruke.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 05:52:39 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33