Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: SPACE PIRATES RTD- Chapter 1  (Read 38035 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: SPACE PIRATES RTD-Turn 2- Lightsabers & giant teddy bears.
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2009, 09:25:25 am »

I pick up the pieces of my red lightsaber, trying to salvage any still usable parts.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2009, 12:53:59 pm »

Since I have some merchant skill now I'll try and sell off the alcohol.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2009, 04:06:35 pm »

I examine the ship's weapon systems, and attempt to learn to operate them.

I DO SO BY NOT ACTUALLY OPERATING THEM, ONLY EXAMINING.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, org has been and gone without posting, so I'm going to start doing rolls. No worries though org, if you post between now and tomorrow morning you're fine. Tomorrow morning is in 9 hours from this message's original timestamp for me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I examine my lightsaber while sitting down. What would I do if someone cut my legs off? Can it light things on fire? Would it look wicked cool if I played guitar while swinging it around? I try and gain some more experience with my lightsaber by plain looking at it.
| You look at your lightsaber, imagining all the possible situations in which it could be used...
You gain lightsabering skill.
You are no longer dizzy.

I hurry back, like, REALLY fast.
|You hurry back, really, really, really fast. You zoom over the deck and | bounce off some rigging. You hover above the deck.
You gain flying skill.

I return to the ship, having forgotten all about the CPU, and attempt to gather parts in order to reconstruct my lightsaber into a dual-bladed one. Thats yellow.
|You take the last (yellow) lightsaber from the crate. You push the ends of the two together, but nothing happens. You throw the yellow lightsaber at the computer.| You miss.

I'll spend my turn gathering information: The ship upgrades available, the cost of the next type of ship, and perfectly legal trade routes. (Not that we need to trade, but all the fun places are along perfectly legal trade routes. Smugglers tend to be more paranoid, and more heavily armed.)
NO. NO. NO. NOOOO!!!
| You cheerfully set off towards the space station again. You walk to a map and look around for interesting things to visit. You decide to visit the shipyards. There are a few people walking about here. One of them recognises you as the infamous captain Nirur Torir and is naturally delighted to guide you around. He explains that all their stock is 100% Fergusian metals forged in the factories of Berriden, and of finest quality. He shows you some items. You see nothing wrong with them.
Spoiler: Stuff you can buy (click to show/hide)
Also, we insist on giving you 100 credits credit. If you could just sign this poster which says 'Nirur Torir shops here'
EDIT: You also get a booklet titled 'Trading in Cyclops for dummies infamous pirates'

I pick up the pieces of my red lightsaber, trying to salvage any still usable parts.
| You scurry around after the tiny components.| It's worse than you thought. Although you manage to gather most of the pieces together they appear to be molecularly tiny. There is no way you could rebuild this. Although you could use them to, say, join two sabers together?

Since I have some merchant skill now I'll try and sell off the alcohol.
| You take another unit of alcohol and go looking for buyers. You encounter a few people who seem slightly interested. They offer a price of 1.2 credits per unit.

I examine the ship's weapon systems, and attempt to learn to operate them.
I DO SO BY NOT ACTUALLY OPERATING THEM, ONLY EXAMINING.
| You examine the laser cannons. They look like some pretty sweet laser cannons. Ayup. You investigate the sight, and all the buttons and dials that can be used. Looks pretty easy.
You gain gunning skill.

Quote from:  org who posted under this.
Train lightsabering
|You remember the dummy is broken, so you don't do anything.

Statuses:
Spoiler: Morning Star (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Katsuun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Digital Hellhound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Org (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thunderclan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shoruke (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:37:01 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2009, 06:27:55 pm »

Actually, space IS infinitely divisible. But in this sequence (see Zeno's paradox... use google or wikipedia), if you take a finite distance, and divide it into an infinite number of pieces, and then add the pieces all back up again, you get the original finite distance again.

...you don't happen to go to my school and be in my calculus class, do you? Because we got an assignment to answer Zeno's paradox just a few days ago. Thanks for reminding me to work on it while I'm at home, by the way.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2009, 06:36:39 pm »

Sorry. I train more.

Please change Title, as that is what I check for Turn Updates.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ROLLLLLS. See up.
Long Live United Forenia!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Get the medic bay and the computer terminal, Nirur. I shall do some flexes and gain some agility.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I plant explosives on the ship.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I plant explosives on the ship.
Wut and why.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Plant explosives. On. Ship.

Because I can.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

I follow Org and attempt to disarm and rearm the traps as he sets them.

Again, because I can.

EDIT:What is the matter with me?!?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:55:06 am by Katsuun »
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ya know, one day I'll be banned from all dice games, anywhere. It will be a sad day. Org, if you do something bad to the ship, you're likely to be kicked out and left in teddybear land.

Personally, I'd like to use our 938 (with alcohol) credits to buy armor and Long Nine. This leaves enough for a deluxe computer terminal, or a medic bay. I think I'd rather have a medic bay. Then, assuming Org doesn't destroy us, we could go find some harmless merchant to harass buy a premium insurance policy.

What are the firing arcs on fore/aft cannons? I'm not sure if I'd rather have one cannon at each side, or the Long Nine in front, a laser at the back, and two at one side. (With only 4 guns and the element of surprise, it's best to be able to focus everything we have at the target, right?)

Edit -- Right, actions are good to include. I'll return to the ship to see what the crew wants purchased, and stop anyone from doing anything really stupid (Org).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:45:02 am by Nirur Torir »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Perhaps you could build a quick manovery systen for the guns, so you can move them easily to face what your shooting?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll drag Org outside if he tries to plant explosives. If he doesn't,  I'll examine the Morning Star from outside, looking for hidden stuff.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:55:14 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33