Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Refuse Barrels/Bins  (Read 1648 times)

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
Refuse Barrels/Bins
« on: April 21, 2008, 09:42:00 am »

It would be pretty handy if we could store our bones, shells and skulls in convenient barrels or bins.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Refuse Barrels/Bins
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

Seconded.  I tried setting a refuse pile's bins and barrels to greater than 0, all they did was toss an empty bin and empty barrel into the stockpile and never put anything in it.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

Trashcans! Garbageman dwarves! (garbagedwarves?)

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Zaratustra:
<STRONG>garbagedwarves?</STRONG>

Immigrants?
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Ralgor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

Thirded.  I tried to do this just the other day and was disappointed when it didn't work.  The problem is that some of the 'refuse' isn't something I want to get rid of.  Bones, shells, skulls, and maybe even raw hides should all be bin-able.
The dwarven equivalent of barbed wire:<BR>This is a finely-crafted Pig tail rope.  It is made from exceptional pig tail cloth.  This object menaces with spikes of green glass.

Thassa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

Not raw hides... they don't last even a month untanned.  Bones, skulls and shells will last forever indoors, but raw hides turn stinky real fast, and if I can't tan it right now, I want it outside where it won't turn into a smell worse then Urist's socks.
Dwarf Fortress players: Coming up with solutions for problems that haven't been implemented yet. 

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:41:00 am »

Certain refuse items should be binnable, certain others should not.  I'm unsure if the bins system supports this - there are things in a food stockpile that don't get binned, but that's because of stack size rather than item type.

Bones, skulls and shells are the big ones, because they're the ones we rescue ad recycle, but there's no reason (other than the cleanliness of your bins!) that chunks and limbs wouldn't fit too.

This would probably have to wait for a full rework of the stacks, stockpiles and item sizes systems, though.