Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Funny (and strange) tamed crocodile side effect  (Read 1294 times)

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Funny (and strange) tamed crocodile side effect
« on: March 13, 2009, 06:38:32 pm »

I added [trainable] to cave crocodiles, and then captured several from my cave river to start breeding war crocs. Didn't notice they have the building destroyer tag though -  now they keep going to the Countess's room and toppling her statues, again and again and again. I'll now set the doors to be locked to pets. (Consort was killed in the lava pit because he mandated crystal glass.)

EDIT: After a closer look the crocs that have been causing trouble actually are listed as "hostile" under the units screen. They can't be slaughtered, but they don't bother my dwarves either. They don't even touch statues placed outside the fort (in an attempt to lure them out). However, they attacked and killed an elven diplomat (probably came to tell us to cut fewer trees - good riddance). Not wanting any other troubles, I decided to "put them down" by putting weapon traps around a statue. They worked. I heard that tamed but hostile creatures aren't affected by traps? How strange...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 08:58:12 pm by NFossil »

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
Re: Funny (and strange) tamed crocodile side effect
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:08:37 am »

You'll get the same effect from horses used by sieging humans - they can be tamed, but they'll forever be marked as hostile and it's impossible to keep them as pets or even butcher them.

Really the only thing you can do with these animals is tame them to protect yourself from a rampage, and then stick 'em in the sushi machine once you grow tired of 'em.