Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Windows Mobile  (Read 1867 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Mobile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 04:57:10 pm »

I admit the idea of playing DF on a PPC is very attractive. A laptop is good, but playing DF anywhere, well, that's a whole different kettle of fish.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 05:04:53 pm »

Reading this thread, I suddenly had a vision of someone installing virtualbox on their windows mobile phone and then trying to play DF inside a windows XP virtual machine. :D
Do they make virtual machines that run on mobile devices? Because I've been thinking about that new android phone...

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 07:53:35 pm »

Reading this thread, I suddenly had a vision of someone installing virtualbox on their windows mobile phone and then trying to play DF inside a windows XP virtual machine. :D
Do they make virtual machines that run on mobile devices? Because I've been thinking about that new android phone...

'That andoird phone' Has a powerful enough processor to run a 50 dwarf fort locally.

I checked its specs.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 11:28:21 pm »

Well, someone did create a applet to let the iPhone function as a front-end display+interface for DF, streamed over the internet.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 04:05:34 am »

Well, someone did create a applet to let the iPhone function as a front-end display+interface for DF, streamed over the internet.

That would work, would be as slow as a snail over 3g though. Unless they did some magic with the view system.

Actually thinking about it as we have a open source drawing bit with the new 40d# versions maybe there is a possibility to stream the grid and only do the display at the iPhone side. Would need some magic with regards to the resolution though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 02:58:33 pm »

That would work, would be as slow as a snail over 3g though. Unless they did some magic with the view system.

Actually thinking about it as we have a open source drawing bit with the new 40d# versions maybe there is a possibility to stream the grid and only do the display at the iPhone side. Would need some magic with regards to the resolution though.

See this thread.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 03:48:32 pm »

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 [2]