Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Most evil/horrific thing that's been done to you  (Read 6902 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Most evil/horrific thing that's been done to you
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 09:53:15 am »

Spoiler: long gamelog (click to show/hide)

Synopsis. 3 giant lions after finally knocking me out(I was fighting for quite a while before this dodging and making minor cuts) Slowly ripped off arms and legs while nibbling on other bits before finally finishing me off.  Kinda had a black knight moment for a second.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 10:32:59 am »

You weren't kidding about the half dragon swordmaster, were you.  Wow. Coollio.

IT'S ONLY A FLESH WOUND.  HAVE AT YE!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 11:39:59 pm »

I accidentally took a armor piece from a human town and i  got mobbed by atleast 50 children who proceeded to bit me and rip my own sword out of my hand and cut off my head with it. But i killed half of them.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 11:47:29 pm »

It gives me a little sinking feeling when the you learn your latest (late) adventurer was impaled on a spike... or eaten.

ProfessorA

• Bay Watcher
  • don't close your eyes, they'll get your eyelids
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 12:30:21 am »

During my mass eye-gouging campaign in the human territories I happened to forget where I had carelessly retired a legendary adventurer in multiple categories.  After exchanging blows to each others' shields for a couple minutes the hammerdwarf quickly broke one of my legs.
Fortunately, I realized I had some points in swimmer while my pursuer did not.  Thinking quickly I jumped into the nearest pool of water and tried to use the water as barrier to maneuver myself away from him far away enough to skip out of town.
When I inadvertently strayed too close to the water's edge he broke my other hip.
Elves apparently can't tread water with just their arms, and to an elf, "Mighty" apparently means you still don't have the upper body strength to lift your own weight.  Must all be in the legs.  Which dangled at uniquely painful and useless angles in this case.
As my dwarf ex-adventurer watched my elf adventurer drown I felt that my sacrifice had made the world a better place.
I've lost more adventurers to drowning than to megabeasts this version.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 01:50:42 am »

A wolf attacks me when I'm near the top of a hill, and I leap away.

I jump straight into a pool of water.  ???
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 03:37:44 pm »

I just straight up jumped into a pool of water.  Stupid me.

I also jumped into an empty pool of water.  BONK.  I fast traveled out of that situation.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 03:01:28 pm »

Whilst playing orc mod, I got ambushed by half a dozen armoured elephants, starting in an empty pool.
While they spread little bits of me throughout the empty pool I wondered how in gods name I got in that pool, what ever makes elephants so malevolent in this game, and why the hell the elephants are armoured!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 08:30:22 pm »

i was spun around by the head by a wolf... instant K.O.A.
That happened to me when I was three.  Only it was a dog, and I lived.

The worst thing to happen to me in adventure mode; I took a fresh spearman to a giant's cave.  During the fight (okay, at the end of it) he stole my spear and killed me with it in one of my turns.  I have not played that world again for fear of further pain at the hands of that giant.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 08:13:11 am »

mine was something like the elf child punches you in the head,it explodes in gore.HE HAD 5 RED WOUNDS AND NO LEFT ARM!HOW DID HE EVEN SURVIVE!?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 02:29:16 pm »

Mine was this, its more a dramatic than horrific moment than anything else, but I think its worth mentioning. I had spawned as a pikeman, and had gone to avenge the many adventureres who had died in a certain human town filled to the brim with bowmen (I know its a bad idea, but I did so regardless). It was night, and I managed to sneak into a house and murder a family of four. Then I leave, tyring to get to the next house before I'm found.

Needless to say, I'm found, by one of the many marksmen who for some reason was awake. A bolt somehow mortaly wounds me in the heart and pancreas simaltaniously, and I stagger into the next house, where another family of four is soundly sleeping. I approach the bed, still bleeding to death, trying to get more kills before I die... and right when I'm next to the bed and ready to strike...

I bleed out. Lucky family.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 10:52:01 am »

I accidentally took a armor piece from a human town and i  got mobbed by atleast 50 children who proceeded to bit me and rip my own sword out of my hand and cut off my head with it. But i killed half of them.
You got mobbed by the children of the corn. :D

I'm still a new-ish adventurer, but I was on a quest to kill a giant or a golem, I don't remember, but I was still a little unfamiliar with the travel system, got ambushed by rhesus macques, but took good care of them, built some XP, and lost an arm, and spent half a day at the location of my target (it was night time), looking for his home. I'm thinking I can take him on, I enter to discover a network of caves, I get surrounded and exploded by the giant without landing a single blow.

When I get a bit more skill, I'll see what I can do about getting better stories.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:56:55 am by Itnetlolor »

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 02:46:54 am »

I married.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 11:42:14 am »

I married.
Oh cool. Adventurer's actually do stuff when your not playing.

I should make a world of adventurers, leave a self-sustaining fortress going over a few days and see how the world changed.

AND ON TOPIC - I attacked a orcish farmer,i am fully clad in armor, I miss and he counterstrike - OHKO's me and I fly back 6 spaces. Wow.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 11:09:02 pm »

I married.
Oh cool. Adventurer's actually do stuff when your not playing.

I should make a world of adventurers, leave a self-sustaining fortress going over a few days and see how the world changed.

Actually I was just screwing around. I don't think history continues on its own as it is now. Adventurers who are still alive don't even appear in legends for me.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3