Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Couple of questions about a new creature.  (Read 1752 times)

Kilumanjaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of questions about a new creature.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 09:16:27 pm »

I had my doubts about Sanderson, being such a newb to authoring, until I read his Mistborn series.
Pure genius...  I've thought of modding in one of his nastier inventions as semi-megas, but it would be difficult without some sort of magic system.

Let me know how the Trollocs work out.  If you really can get them to be led by Myrrdral, I'd give this mod a try.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 12:25:52 am »

if you want Myrddraal, remember that there will only be *one* power per civ, so you'll have to make many many trolloc civs with very few cities if you want them to turn up with any frequency.

Also, i'm not sure a civ ruler ever does turn up in a siege. Can someone confirm this?

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 12:22:20 pm »

That's fine, anywho. I wouldn't want THOSE badasses to turn up in my sieges. As you've probably noticed if you can understand "moddish", the trollocs are fairly tough. Looking around in the Legends, I've found several instances where they lost, say, a horn, an eye, and had their noses broken, and then just crushed their enemy with one blow. Now, can you imagine a creature that strikes fear into the hearts into entire FORTFULLS of them? :o

Let me know how the Trollocs work out.  If you really can get them to be led by Myrrdral, I'd give this mod a try.

I'll do a bit more testing, and then I'll post 'em up, if you'd like. I'm going to toy around a bit in adventure mode for a while before I do, though. Wait, there's a thought. I'll test the Myrrdral as an adventurer. Anyone know of a really, really tough adventurer creature that's been made already? I don't really want to put a lot of time into a new character just for testing.

Thanks for all your help, guys.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 03:44:51 pm »

Alright, I've just about made the Myrddraal now. I'm trying to make it fairly accurate (no eyes, stuff like that), which has, of course, brought up a few more questions. So, here they are...

1) Does EXTRAVISION give it the ability to see without eyes? If not, how would I go about doing this?

2) How would I get the Myrddraal to use weapons, armor and clothes? And how would I get it to use a specific type? I'd like to give it one of those uber swords. Quite the prize for an adventurer to claim.

3) Seeing as I've given it the NOTHOUGHT and NOBREATHE tags, will it still die if it's brain or lungs are cut out?

And here it is so far. Can ye look over this and pick out any flaws? I copy and pasted the demon, then edited it to my liking. Yes, it's supposed to be super hard. :P Might tone it down when the testing is done.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:MYRDDRAAL]

[CREATURE:MYRDDRAAL]
[NAME:myrdraal:myrdraal:myrdraal]
[TILE:'M'][COLOR:4:0:1]
[POWER][LIKES_FIGHTING]
[FIREIMMUNE]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:2:6]
[TRAPAVOID]
[CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK]
[BLOODTYPE:0]
[BONECARN]
[EVIL]
[BIOME:ANY_GRASSLAND]
[BIOME:ANY_DESERT]
[MAXAGE:1000:2000]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[NOFEAR][NOEXERT][NOPAIN][NONAUSEA][NOSTUN][NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[NOBREATHE][NOEMOTION][NOTHOUGHT][PARALYZEIMMUNE]
[MALE]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[PREFSTRING:terrifying features]
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH]
[EXTRAVISION]
[DAMBLOCK:80]
[SIZE:8]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:punch:punches:10:20:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH] [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:chill:chills:8:16::COLD][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[EQUIPS]
[FAT:2]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[STANDARD_FLESH]
[EQUIPS]
[HOMEOTHERM:10050]
[SPEED:400]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:1250]
[PERSONALITY:ANXIETY:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:DEPRESSION:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:SELF_CONSCIOUSNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:VULNERABILITY:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:FRIENDLINESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:ASSERTIVENESS:100:100:100]
[PERSONALITY:CHEERFULNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:TRUST:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:ALTRUISM:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:COOPERATION:0:0:0]
[PERSONALITY:SYMPATHY:0:0:0]
[SPHERE:NIGHT]

EDIT: Changed the code around a bit. And I forgot to add...

Suggestions are appreciated. I'm just trying to throw this thing into the game to make sure it works in game. I have no idea how I'm going to implement it in the end.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:53:05 pm by gumball135 »
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:19 pm »

1)yes it does.
2) give it the equips tag to let them use weapons and armor.
make them a civ and give them some tags of what type of stuff they can use for a full race.
3)i have not try no thought but NOBREATHE works( ive had modded a werewolf adventurer who has not died of a cut neck or drowning,you may care to add nobleed and pain)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 09:06:35 am »

I'm back again to pester ye with more questions :P Well, one, actually.

After genning a world and going through legends, I discovered that three myrddraal had, in fact, spawned. However, they were all killed within the first 100 years of world gen. 2 were killed by TROLLOCS (I forgot to add in the "RELIGION:ALL_APPROPRIATE_POWER" tag), and the other was killed by one of my modified werewolves. I've fixed the religious thing with the trollocs now, but the trial run did prove one thing: they're not strong enough.

So, my question is this... How can you make a creature tougher, without giving it a huge size, damblock and attack increase? Is that the only way?

Thanks again :P

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 09:19:16 am »

I'm back again to pester ye with more questions :P Well, one, actually.

After genning a world and going through legends, I discovered that three myrddraal had, in fact, spawned. However, they were all killed within the first 100 years of world gen. 2 were killed by TROLLOCS (I forgot to add in the "RELIGION:ALL_APPROPRIATE_POWER" tag), and the other was killed by one of my modified werewolves. I've fixed the religious thing with the trollocs now, but the trial run did prove one thing: they're not strong enough.

So, my question is this... How can you make a creature tougher, without giving it a huge size, damblock and attack increase? Is that the only way?

Thanks again :P

Make it's size absolutely effin huge during world gen (500+) and then shrink them down when you play.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 01:10:07 pm »

Thank you Blakmane. :)

I've just decided to post 'em up like they are now. I don't know if the Myrddraal actually lead the Trollocs, but they at least receive a little bit of worship. It's just getting so getting too frustrating :P

Myrddraal

Creature -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trollocs

Creature -

Entity -

Just copy and paste those into the appropriate files and voila. They really aren't anything special, just a little bit of modding practice for yours truly. Enjoy. Thanks for answering my many, many questions :)
Pages: 1 [2]