Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: New Constitutional Amendments  (Read 7933 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: New Constitutional Amendments
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 08:38:49 am »

Kind of like stopping a fly by slamming the sun into it. Once you figure out you can't actually slam the sun into it, the fly eats you to death.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 09:53:36 am »

Kind of like stopping a fly by slamming the sun into it. Once you figure out you can't actually slam the sun into it, the fly eats you to death.
...Until the Death Squads go after them.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 10:46:13 am »

Using dozens of suns isn't going to help you.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 04:49:03 pm »

Using dozens of suns isn't going to help you.
No, but guns seem to work just fine.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 05:28:31 pm »

You can't possibly expect to kill every woman if every woman fights back.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 11:24:17 pm »

Hmm let me see... Constitutional amendments

Well not all of these are appropriate for the constutions (some are laws) but Ill give them out in bulk (I like feedback :P)

As usual don't shoot them down based on the names

1) Militia Enforced (Conservative): People are expected to be ready to serve in the military at all time, students will have firearm knowledge as well as adults in ten years time.
2) Guns Enforced (Conservative): It is illegal not to carry a weapon at all times. Everyone will carry a firearm at least as a side weapon, this also has the benefit of having weapon prices fall, but blackmarket weapon prices rise.
3) Liberal Crime Squad Banned (Any): If you squad is hated to a certain degree you can make it into the constitution. As a result anything you do as a result
4) Magna Carta Recalled (Conservative ++): If passed all Trials instantly end in failure. As well police officers and soldiers have free reign.
5) Right to Bare arms Reversed (Liberal +): No one is allowed firearms of anysort. Police and the like won't carry them. This law won't be passed generally if the Liberal Crime Squad demonstrates force.

Ugh nevermind I need better ones then this... Let me think harder.

1) Right to a trial / Right to an expediant trial recalled: The Holding process can last indefinite periods or effectively forever.
2) Right to Fair Treatment recalled: Arrested members become injured and those who go to jail die within days.
3) Increased Right of Press: The Press have the ability to do whatever they please. Your Safehouses can be raided by the press randomly and you can be stalked by the press at all times.
4) Freedom from Psychological Harm: Social attacks are considered illegal and harm as well Brainwashing is considered a capital offense. Students should also have their skills diminished, behave badly, and throw constant raves due to schools being incapable of telling them not to. (Hippi counts should rise)

Hmm alright... I guess that is all...

Ehh why not some more crazy Easter Egg ones... Hmm I can't think of many right now... uhhh

1) Aliens considered American Citizens: Number of Hippis as well as other groups (I don't know what they are called) including strange Agents dressed in bullet proof black suits start appearing. If this bill lasts long enough a SETI location will open up.
2) Canada Part of United States: Because this is a comedy game... I guess this means Hockey Players and other Canada themed characters will start showing up. As well Free Medicare should become easy to pass.
3) AI's Given Citizenship: SINCE the game does go into the future this could be one of the later bills. success in this allows androids to walk the streat and your Computer (if we ever get one) if taken will be given a trial.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:33:50 pm by Neonivek »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 06:55:00 am »

The Taliban would beg to differ.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 08:52:23 am »

The Taliban would beg to differ.

But in their case, not every woman fights. Let alone together with other woman...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 10:07:21 am »

Same if it happened in an ultra conservative America.  Sure, you could rebel and get risk being killed by a death squad, or you could just stay inside.  Which would you honestly choose?  Since society would have to be fairly conservative by this point, not many would pick up the struggle.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 10:14:25 am »

3) Increased Right of Press: The Press have the ability to do whatever they please. Your Safehouses can be raided by the press randomly and you can be stalked by the press at all times.

Awesome idea.

"This is CNN...

NBC News commando's carried out investigative journalism at the home of Rupert Murdoch today.  Mister Murdoch escaped unharmed but several senior editors of the FoxNews corporation were reportedly killed during the media expose.  An NBC spokeswoman, speaking from behind bulletproof glass, stated that deaths were "unintentional" and "regrettable" but that NBC actions were completely legal.  She stated that these attacks were carried out as part of NBC's ongoing series Fox-Hounding.  According to official company documents Fox-Hounding is dedicated to "educating the public on the effects of bullet wounds to the bodies of Fox News executives."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 11:13:02 am »

@mainiac: I laughed.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 01:09:41 pm »

"Tonight: a shocking exposé into the secret and murky world of the LCS.  Many people admire their campaigning and community service... but is there something more sinister?  After dissapearing into the main LCS hideout for 6 days, Jenkins McSleeperguy has got this report.

Jenkins: Yes, the LCS is great.  No really, it's excellant.  Everything about it is great, their methods, their politics, their everything.  We should all WORSHIP THEM!!

And thank you, Jenkins."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 05:33:25 pm »

Well at least ONE of my suggestions were good :P

Then again that is the point in sending so many out there

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 11:14:20 pm »

Well, not really NEW persay, but the game seems to have forgotten you can't be tried after the fact.

I burnt a flag once, it became illegal ~5 years later.

I was dating someone (cameraperson?), but they were a spy, and I was soon tried for the burnination of said flag.

EDIT: I also went to jail for 24 years.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 05:14:22 am »

Wow. 24 years for burning a flag. Impressive.

Your username is awesome, by the way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5