Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 55556 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2009, 09:21:33 pm »

Dude, Solifuge. Archangel.

Maybe you just don't get it.

His win condition is mere survival, if he speaks truth.
His plan for us requires him to sacrifice himself.

As a former Survivor Alien, I wouldn't trust this guy any farther than I can throw him.
What I said was basically that we'll still be able to get rid of him tomorrow if we want. Do you understand my view better now?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2009, 09:23:43 pm »

Panda... as an Alien, he could be seeking to grab a Doppleganger for study, as he has implied, or to side with the winning team: which up until this decision has been Town.

Either way, he's a Town Ally. Stop trying to cast doubt on a person who has a 2/3 chance of being an ally (while currently most logical to be an ally), and who can easily be investigated and prove either to be immensely useful in getting rid of Dopples, or or a free definite lynch come tomorrow.

If you keep pushing this train of thought, you've got my Lynch vote, because you'll have lost all validity and sensibility, and tried to destroy what could be a game-turning move in the Towns Favor.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:25:53 pm by Solifuge »

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2009, 09:25:39 pm »

Pandarsenic: Okay, what would happen if you had betrayed the dopplegangers?  They'd kill you.  If I betray the townsfolk, they kill me.  It's that simple.  Right now things are in the town's favor, so I'm siding with you guys.  There's very specific conditions that will lead to me being able to side with the dopps, so you just have to kill me before those conditions are met.
Webaddict: I'm not saying I want to die for the town.  I'm saying I'd rather work for you guys and be lynched if things go poorly than to be lynched right now.

There's an advantage here.  I have to tell the truth.  The moment I lie, it's game over for me.  Yes, I could screw you guys over in the process, but
I still lose
So if I say I know something, I mean it.  Lying will only cost me the game.

Look. Give me one day.  Let the agent investigate me and contact me.  My only hope of surviving is to make myself useful to you, so give me a chance to do that.  If nothing else, I can confirm that it was the agent that spoke to webaddict.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2009, 09:28:15 pm »

I've had my suspicions strengthened by Pandar's eagerness to get rid of Beacon.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:58 pm »

I have to agree with Archangel and vote for Pandarsenic.  This isn't an OMGUS vote.  I'm just suspicious of someone who keeps assuming I can only win by siding with the dopps no matter how many times I explain that with the current mentality, my only hope is to side with the townsfolk.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 27, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »

Who do you suggest, then, Solifuge? Archangel? Beacon80 is a danger to us and all we work for. When crunch time arrives, he WILL side with the Doppelgangers.

I know the Survivor Alien's Psychology firsthand.

A lynch is less worrisome than a nightkill by far. I struck against the town when it was too late for them to act against me. And as far as I can tell, none of you are yet even realizing there are 3 Doppelgangers remaining, not 2.

I'm getting food, I'll continue this in a bit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 27, 2009, 09:35:07 pm »

The other thing I'm thinking about is this
Contact the FBI - The Alien chooses one person a night. If that person is the Agent, the Alien wins. The Alien vanishes after it has won (goes to negotiate with the government). If that person is not the agent, however, the Alien kills them to keep their identity from being revealed. If the person is a doppelganger, there is a 50% chance the Alien will be killed instead. The Alien loses if the Agent is killed or if the town loses.
The rules do not say the Agent leaves with the Agent Seeker.
My full sig

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 27, 2009, 09:35:41 pm »

No, you know your psychology.  And even then, you only sided with the dopplegangers at the last minute.
We've got 3 dopplegangers, 9 townsfolk (presumably), and me.  As I've stated... many times... I'm not a threat until there's only 3 of you left.  I'm offering up to be lynched right before that happens, because it's better than getting lynched now.

Archangel: The FBI-seeking alien is dead, anyway.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2009, 09:37:09 pm »

Just pointing it out for future games.
My full sig

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2009, 09:39:23 pm »

Sorry for the double post but what is the vote count?
My full sig

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2009, 09:44:05 pm »

I'm voting to lynch Pandersenic as well.  I was planning on delaying voting till later in the day, but I'm doing it now because his insistance and lack of support logic is confusing and suspicious.

Assuming Beacon isn't lying about what he is, he can be a great asset.  Pander has yet to explain why Beacon would betray us unless we get down to a point where both teams are on equal footing.  Obviously we could kill him before that happens.  The fact is, Beacon can no longer afford to betray us, because he has outed himself.  The moment he proves anything a lie, we kill him.  The moment we outnumber the dopps plus beacon by only one, we kill him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:45 pm »

I'm voting to lynch Pandersenic as well.  I was planning on delaying voting till later in the day, but I'm doing it now because his insistance and lack of support logic is confusing and suspicious.

Assuming Beacon isn't lying about what he is, he can be a great asset.  Pander has yet to explain why Beacon would betray us unless we get down to a point where both teams are on equal footing.  Obviously we could kill him before that happens.  The fact is, Beacon can no longer afford to betray us, because he has outed himself.  The moment he proves anything a lie, we kill him.  The moment we outnumber the dopps plus beacon by only one, we kill him.
... If we equal the Dopps in number of Townies... Then we lose. If Beacon adds one to our numbers, he'll switch sides as long as there are 3 Dopps.

I say we lynch him tomorrow or today, depending on our information. He could switch at any moment...

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2009, 09:56:59 pm »

Masami's point is that you kill me when there's only 5 of you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2009, 10:01:04 pm »

I have to cast my lynch vote for Pandarsenic too. You're not helping us by pushing senselessly to eliminate someone who is a either a much-needed ally and Agent liason, an ablative dopple-shield, or an easy lynch. Your reasoning is 2D and suspicious as hell.

Thank you, Solifuge.  If we both get out of this alive, you can have this... thing.  I picked it up off of a Neptunian on my way here.  No clue what it does.
Besides, Beacon80 promised me his Neptunian thing, and I am easily swayed by riches.

Also, here's the current scoreboard:

13 people remain:
 3 are Dopplegangers
 10 are Citizens/Aliens (Agent-Seeker dead).

Standing: Town up by 6-7

Voters:
Beacon80:        Pandarsenic
Archangel        Pandarsenic
Masami Phoenix:  Pandarsenic
Solifuge:        Pandarsenic

Inaluct:         Beacon80

Pandarsenic:     Org

Non-Voters:
Alexhans
ChaoticJosh
Karlito
Kashyyk
NUKE9.13
Org
Webadict
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:25:14 pm by Solifuge »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »

My reasoning is why you should've lynched me LAST game.

If you guys have confidence that he'll side with us, and be loyal, I'll hold back my vote ONE DAY if you suggest a decent alternative.

A reminder, though.

MY VOTE IS NOT ON BEACON80 YOU MORONS. IT'S STILL ON THE SUSPICIOUSLY SILENT ORG.

Don't misrepresent my actions.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41