Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 55576 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2009, 07:05:56 pm »

I'm voting for Org. His inactivity is suspicious. If Org speaks more, I'll change my vote to Beacon80 instead.

I have firsthand experience with how easily a Survivor Alien can screw over the Town. I'm not letting this happen to us.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2009, 07:14:37 pm »

The doppelgangers will approach you, then, since they'll know that it'll result in the doctor being tied up.
Then you'll have the name of another doppleganger to kill.  Seems like a worthwhile trade to me.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2009, 07:15:50 pm »

The doppelgangers will approach you, then, since they'll know that it'll result in the doctor being tied up.
Then you'll have the name of another doppleganger to kill.  Seems like a worthwhile trade to me.
Or you'll say nothing when the Doppelgangers approach you. Like I did. Which totally worked for me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2009, 07:18:39 pm »

Exactly.

And you're our only known enemy.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2009, 07:18:58 pm »

Or you'll say nothing when the Doppelgangers approach you. Like I did. Which totally worked for me.
Except the Dopplegangers approached you when they were on equal footing with the townies.  When you're vote gave them the majority.  I'm suggesting that they lynch me the day before that happens.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2009, 07:21:10 pm »

No. In the endgame, time is of the essence. In this quiet before the storm, we know that you're an enemy. We can't let this opportunity slip past.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2009, 07:21:20 pm »

Except the Dopplegangers approached you when they were on equal footing with the townies.  When you're vote gave them the majority.  I'm suggesting that they lynch me the day before that happens.
Only, see, what you would do then is just keep saying nothing.

The Survivor Alien is better-suited by joining the Doppelgangers - there's no chance of a vengeance-slaying for lack of cooperation and you're aligning with a side who can nightkill whomever they feel like.

Sorry, Beacon80, but you're a liability.

I'm gonna be pissed if he's a Dopp-seeker Alien, by the way. XD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2009, 07:49:44 pm »

If I say nothing, you kill me.  That deadline essentially removes any ability for me to work with the dopps

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2009, 07:53:00 pm »

Beacon, you may think you're helpful to the town, just like Pandarsenic thought he would be. He tried to convince everyone to vote for chaoticjosh, starting with me. Of course, I showed him that there was no possible way for him to win by helping the town, because there wasn't. I would've made sure we killed the Doctor, then the Alien.

Right now, you are only helpful to us because the doctor is still alive. If the doctor dies, you will no longer help us in a situation unless the number of Dopps drops to 1.

Therefore, you could instantly become a nemesis in one death.

However, you are right that we don't have to worry about you yet, but we will have to turn on you eventually if we don't win before then.

By that point, we might have a known doppelganger. You're a threat. We can't conclusively say that about anyone else, but we can say it about you. You may not be a doppelganger, but you're still a threatening role.
If you have a known doppleganger, then I'm still not a threat.  Look at it this way:
4 townies
3 dopplegangers
1 alien (me)
If you know who a doppleganger is.  All 4 townies vote for him.  He dies.  The remaining dopps kill a townie.  Now it's:
3 townie
2 dopplegangers
1 alien (me)
If the doctor's still alive, he can buy my vote if the dopplegangers try to approach me.  If not, you can kill me then.
This only applies if the Dopps or doctor are unknown. If they are known, you will side with the Dopps, because otherwise you will be killed.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:27 pm »

Okay, this really isn't turning out the way I was hoping it would, but I think I have a plan to prove my dedication to the townsfolk.
First, don't lynch me today.
The agent investigates me tonight.  He then tells me about any dopplegangers he finds, and I can tell you.  This lets the agent act in secrecy.  I'd need the doctor to protect me.  This ties up the doctor, but no more than it would if the agent came out himself.  With the added bonus of that if we accidentally lynch the doctor.  You lose me instead of the agent, who can continue to work in secrecy.
Obviously, if the dopplegangers eat the agent or I give out bad information, I'm next on the chopping block, thus ensuring that it will never be in my best interests to help the dopplegangers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:11:50 pm by Beacon80 »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2009, 08:15:11 pm »

Obviously, if the dopplegangers eat the agent or I give out bad information, I'm next on the chopping block, thus ensuring that it will never be in my best interests to help the dopplegangers.
This is called screwing the town over. You're basically saying we should keep you alive long enough for you to make us lose... Of course by then, it'll be too late.

Or, we could lynch you today and not worry about you at all. Of course, now we can either waste an Agent scan on you, or we can have the Doc waste his protection on you. And of course, this is a requirement for you to help us. So... yeah...

Honestly, I think we might be better off without you. I don't like killing you, but I'd rather get rid of a Neutral than accidentally kill a Townie, which is more likely to occur than not.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2009, 08:25:59 pm »

Okay, I'm not a dopp.  Screwing you guys over does me no good if I can't make it to the end of the game.  Giving the agents to the dopps does me absolutely no good unless there's not enough of you to lynch me if the dopps come out.  In this situation:
A) It doesn't matter who the agent is.  Only the doctor, whom I presumably still won't know.
B) You'll have killed me before then, anyway, to prevent the dopps from using me to get control the vote.
I'm giving you the option to have the agent be active without revealing himself to the dopplegangers.  And it will never be in my best interests to betray him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2009, 08:33:29 pm »

Actually, if you think about it, whether he realizes it or not, keeping Beacon80 alive does provide us with some unique opportunities.

Basically, the Agent can investigate him tonight;

If he is a Dopple, he's betrayed himself, and we lynch him tomorrow. That leaves us with 2 left.

If he's a Doppseeker Alien, he offers a really good way for us to take out a Dopple for free without the Agent exposing themselves.

If he's neither, Agent will turn this up, and by not having lynched him, we have at least a 1-night Dopple shield, since they know we can trust him, and they wont want him around.

If the Agent turns up that he's trustworthy, Agent can contact both him and Webadict with a coded message and a code Key to clear them both. (or some other varient that clears that they both were authentically contacted).

Basically, it's win-win keeping him alive, because whatever he is, he provides different benefits to us... and we don't have to worry about him risking himself by exposure if he's not a townie, and his death wont impact us one way or the other.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:36:01 pm by Solifuge »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2009, 08:34:05 pm »

What? I am a alien?
Nope. Not doppleganger, but not an alien.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2009, 08:40:43 pm »

P.S. I've been away from computers for a solid day or so, and no longer have any idea what's going on with players and what they've said. Could someone do a recap?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41