Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 55513 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2009, 05:55:40 pm »

I'd like the agent, if he's out there, to examine me to confirm this.
So he can waste a night not getting anything done?

Last game, an neutral alien was responsible for the town losing. I'm very tempted to vote to lynch you, since you clearly aren't here to help us.
Seriously, why would we waste a night on you? You're a neutral now, and no longer helpful. You could turn on us at any second, as long as you win. How is that helpful?

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 27, 2009, 06:10:36 pm »

Sorry, I assumed you'd want to confirm that I'm not a doppleganger trying to get out of being lynched.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2009, 06:17:29 pm »

Yeah, but now we know that you're either lying, or you're not on our side, not trustworthy, and potentially dangerous for us. Unvote Alexhans. Vote Beacon80. I'm going to go with the known threat to the town, for now. He's a possible ally for the doppelgangers (like last game), so I think we should lynch him.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2009, 06:18:22 pm »

Webadict: Cheeetar was a the serial killer. Kind of. If you read his description, it says he has to find the agent. He can check anyone at random. If they are not the agent, he kills em. If they are, he abducts them... so he kills one guy each night, basically. Except he doesn't want the cop dead. But a cop would roleclaim rather than die, so he's ok with random lynches.
Conclusion: He was a town-killer. Who wanted nothing more than for everyone to die. And would have taken the cop if he claimed.

So killing cheeetar was a lucky break for us. The only bad thing is that it is also a lucky break for the dopps- he can't kill them at random either.
Actually, the rules say the agent finder alien disappears. They don't specify that the agent goes too, so I assume that he stays.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2009, 06:28:05 pm »

Yeah, but now we know that you're either lying, or you're not on our side, not trustworthy, and potentially dangerous for us. Unvote Alexhans. Vote Beacon80. I'm going to go with the known threat to the town, for now. He's a possible ally for the doppelgangers (like last game), so I think we should lynch him.
Okay, I've looked at what happened last time.  I'm not a threat to you yet.  I'm only a threat if there's only 3 townies left.  Until then, I can help you.  Things are going well for the townies right now, so it's in my best interest to help.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2009, 06:31:27 pm »

Okay, I've looked at what happened last time.  I'm not a threat to you yet.  I'm only a threat if there's only 3 townies left.  Until then, I can help you.  Things are going well for the townies right now, so it's in my best interest to help.
No. It's in your best interest to have us confide in you so you can backstab us and help the doppelgangers. You're only a threat if there are three townies left? That means that you effectively lower the amount of townies that the doppelgangers need to kill to win.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »

Look at it this way.  As I said, I'm only a threat to you if there's only 3 townies left.  However, odds are very much in our favor that we'll find another doppleganger by then, which means that I won't be a threat until there's only 2 townies left.  If the doctor's still alive at that point, I'm not even a threat then, since he can buy my vote.  So hold off lynching me until there's only one more townie than dopplegangers.  Until then, I can help.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2009, 06:36:25 pm »

No. In the endgame, you can and will screw us over. We don't have any other proven threats at this time. We only have you.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2009, 06:40:16 pm »

Killing me now will get you no closer to finding the dopplegangers.  Use whatever information you have to try to find the doppleganger.  If we reach the point where I'm a threat, I'll cast the first vote to lynch me myself.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2009, 06:41:27 pm »

Random vote to get him talking: Org
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2009, 06:46:37 pm »

Killing me now will get you no closer to finding the dopplegangers.  Use whatever information you have to try to find the doppleganger.  If we reach the point where I'm a threat, I'll cast the first vote to lynch me myself.
By that point, we might have a known doppelganger. You're a threat. We can't conclusively say that about anyone else, but we can say it about you. You may not be a doppelganger, but you're still a threatening role.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2009, 06:55:00 pm »

By that point, we might have a known doppelganger. You're a threat. We can't conclusively say that about anyone else, but we can say it about you. You may not be a doppelganger, but you're still a threatening role.
If you have a known doppleganger, then I'm still not a threat.  Look at it this way:
4 townies
3 dopplegangers
1 alien (me)
If you know who a doppleganger is.  All 4 townies vote for him.  He dies.  The remaining dopps kill a townie.  Now it's:
3 townie
2 dopplegangers
1 alien (me)
If the doctor's still alive, he can buy my vote if the dopplegangers try to approach me.  If not, you can kill me then.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2009, 06:57:03 pm »

Yeah, but that way we would need to have the doctor waste a night protecting you when he could be protecting a townie.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2009, 07:01:29 pm »

He only needs to protect me if the dopplegangers approach me, which means I could tell you the identity of another doppleganger in exchange for his protection.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2009, 07:04:11 pm »

The doppelgangers will approach you, then, since they'll know that it'll result in the doctor being tied up.

Again, I urge everyone to vote for Beacon. Previously held suspicions should be remembered, but it's important that we go after the known danger.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41